ECG Management Consultants Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at ECG Management Consultants

3.4

Sort:

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ECG Management Consultants.

Interview

Our of my application process with the Big 4, MBB, and Boutique firms, this firm probably has one of the worse HR department period.
    - First, the HR recruiters do not seem to foster innovative personalities, rather they tend to have an affinity for a more "traditional" (cookie-cutter) candidates.
    - Second, the turn-around is usually very quick (less than 48 hours), I really wonder if HR really discuss the resumes or just glance at them and make impulsive decision.
    - Third, lack of respect for applicants, when I applied for McKinsey, a firm that has probably many times more applications, the recruiter personally reached out to me and discussed the position as well as provided me some feedbacks for next time trying. Not so with ECG, every email is a template in which the only words that left blank are your name and the date.
    Conclusion: because of the lack of innovative culture, lack of systematic & professional screening methods, and lack of respect for candidates, I don't see ECG reaching the level of prestige of its competitors considering Human Capital is the most important resource in the Consulting business.

Interview Questions

• Describe an obstacle you faced recently when working with clients.   Answer Question

ECG Management Consultants Response

Aug 2, 2016 – Director of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on our recruiting process. We are disappointed that you did not have a good interview experience because we work hard to provide a positive... More

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ECG Management Consultants.

Interview

I was at one of their informational meetings and got the impression they were going to stay on top of the interviewing process. Filed an online application --> wait --> wait --> wait more --> wait forever and then after about 2 months, got a rejection e-mail. Until I got the rejection, i didn't even know whether my application was received or not.

Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ECG Management Consultants (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Met with a Senior Executive at ECG and I wasn't very impressed with his interview skills or the ability to have a conversation (seemed combative at times). Do no let them oversell the company to you. The company is relatively small (San Francisco the smallest) but they are trying to grow the company very quickly. As of May 2013, the Dallas office is 'open' but consists of one Partner. Declined to move forward in the process.

Telemarketer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ECG Management Consultants (Columbus, OH) in February 2012.

Interview

First with the telemarketing mgr, then with the company manager. It took one week total.They put me in situations and asked how I would handle them. They asked me what kinds of hobbies I had, etc.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle an irate caller   1 Answer

Negotiation

Senior Healthcare Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at ECG Management Consultants (San Diego, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Had a phone interview followed by on-site interview day with 5 interviews and excel test. Very straightforward. Had one follow up conversation with head of the practice after the interview day. Main negative was just the pacing of it. After interview took a few months for them to share final decision.

Interview Questions

• Each interviewers was tasked with evaluating a component - how you work in team, how you make decisions, how well you know the industry. Everyone I spoke with was very engaging and seemed genuinely excited to hear about my experiences and get to know me as a candidate.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ECG Management Consultants (Seattle, WA) in February 2016.

Interview

First round interview had basic questions about why ECG and previous experience; very much the standard behavioural interview. Second round consisted of in person interview at the office of choice with managers of different levels from senior managers to principals. Interview also included a thirty minute written case and a thirty minute excel competency test. Lunch with principal.

Interview Questions

• What is one time you used data analysis to inform recommendations in consulting work   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ECG Management Consultants (San Diego, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

HR recruiter called to schedule a phone interview with senior manager. After phone interview, I was invited to the office for an all day interview. There were 4 behavioral interviews with standard questions. One written case that required data analysis and written narrative. One excel test with formulas and data manipulation.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ECG Management Consultants (New York, NY) in December 2013.

Interview

Phone interview first, then a series of in person interviews with HR then the location manager. The phone interview and HR interview and both with the HR hiring rep and then the location interview is you with the office principal and meeting the team.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you had to deal with a difficult coworker?   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ECG Management Consultants (Boston, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

There were four interviews (each lasting 1 hour), a lunch interview, a case study, and an excel test. The four 1:1 interviews were not incredibly challenging but they got a little repetitive and tiresome over the course of the day. The time allotted for the case study can be limiting, making it difficult to finish.

Interview Questions

• Describe a way in which you've worked in a team and the results.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at ECG Management Consultants (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

I was introduced to ECG during their on-campus recruiting visit to my MHA program. The recruiter, April, was very new to the role but personable and always available. Her time on-campus was full so I completed my screening interview by phone with a Manager (non-recruiter) on a Friday. The following Monday, I was offered an on-site interview at my office of choice. The office's administrative assistant coordinated my flight and hotel. The interview was all day on a Friday, from 8 - 4:30, including lunch with a current senior consultant. My day consisted of 4, hour-long interviews, one of which was by phone to a manager in the Seattle office. The skills assessments would not be difficult for any person familiar with Excel. At the end of the day I was informed I'd hear back within 2 weeks. I received my offer by phone 10 days after my on-site and was given 2 weeks to respond.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume and how you arrived at your decision to apply to be a consultant at ECG.   Answer Question