EFI Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 17, 2017

2.9

Revenue Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EFI (Fremont, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Got a email from recruiter asking me to answer a list of question, got 2 call from the same recruiter, helped me prepare for the interview. Another phone screen with the manager, which went well. The HR is very professional, sent me a nice interview schedule a few days after the phone screen, and after checking with my schedule. Met with 3 manager and the recruiter in first around. Got email asking for second around the next day. Met with HR director and controller during second around. Got a email from the recruiter in two days telling me I was rejected. Even though I didn't got an offer, it was one of the best interview experience I have ever had. I can feel the recruiter really wants to help me getting the position, and the manager are very patient and friendly, the interview went pretty smooth and I have learned a lot.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself (all 5 interviewer I met asked the same question)   Answer Question
    • Why are you looking for a new job (again, all 5 interviewer asked the same question)   Answer Question
    • Why do you think you fit this position   Answer Question

Legal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at EFI (Fremont, CA).

Interview

I went through a series of in-person interviews with different members of the team, including the general counsel. The interviews were fairly standard. I was not asked to take any special tests as part of the interview process.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to compare my prospects at my current employer with my prospects at EFI.   Answer Question

Sales Development Manager - East Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EFI in September 2016.

Interview

Phone Interview - Hiring Manager (Sales Manager) postponed interview six times (this is not a typo) and then was late when he finally got around to conducting it. During interview, manager was interrupted four times and took another call. He would lose track of where we were in interview process and it was very frustrating trying to have a conversation with him.

Interview Questions

EFI Response

Dec 9, 2016 – Manager Talent Acquisition Americas

Our sincere apologies for your poor experience interviewing with us - this is certainly not the norm and I would welcome you to reach out to me directly at wendy.lague@efi.com to discuss further... More

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

At first, a HR contacted me and asked about my location and visa status, after that, a phone interview came with a group manager about a week later. At last, it took two month, I got an onsite interview, it took 6 round about 5 hours, 4 tech interviewers and two manager.

Interview Questions

• tell me about your self, and some C++, algorithm questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EFI (Fremont, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

The hiring manager seemed normal, as were the 4 interviewers. His boss was very strange and dysfunctional---Doctor Jykle and Mr Hyde character---prefers one to one interviews so he can rip into into you without witnesses.

Interview Questions

• Hiring Manager and 4 interviewers questions were normal. The hiring manager's boss was strange. He asked NOTHING. Said I was wasting his time. Said my resume sucks. Said that he did not know why he was wasting his life away coming to interview me. Said that my resume was the worst he even saw. Said that any statements on my resume reflecting experience are no good. Basically, this is man with mental issues. This man needs help before he goes postal. This is no joke. If you run into this guy there best just to leave. I have a soft spot for the mentally ill so I stayed and listened to statements of harassment, belittlement, and bordering on racial prejudice. He is a foreigner, He should be feel luck to be here in our great country and get treatment his mental illness.   1 Answer
    • Why harass interviewee? If just make you look stupid, and the company stupid.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Meredith, NH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EFI (Meredith, NH) in June 2016.

Interview

It was very informal. They asked me questions about my skills and what qualified me for the position. Two questions in total. The interviewer explained what the role entails and took me round the facility.

Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EFI.

Interview

The hiring process was normal they called me for a face to face interview. The interview was with 4 people I believe it went well. They asked very normal questions such as tell me a time when and tell me about yourself. Waiting for response.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EFI.

Interview

Unorganized, Unprofessional are the two words that first come to mind. I received a call from three different people within the company for phone interviews/screening. They didn't seem sure of what role they really were hiring for or needed filled. Received a call from two Hiring Managers stated a interview in person will be set with me for the next week, never heard anything back. Contacted the HR rep at the company no email reply. Never asked any technical or behavior questions. No real interview or screening ever took place the only thing I remember is all three stating they wanted to be a billion dollar company, which I find hard to believe they will achieve with the lack of interview and screening skills they had, in order to do great business you have to hire great people.

Also picked up the sense even though the position I was contacted for was full time it may have been temporary, The hiring manager stated if after a week or so if the new hire doesn't pick up the technology quick enough he would simply move on because they had jobs they needed finished and no real talk of training. I stopped pursuing the opportunity because the interview process told me all I needed to know about the company and I would not want to work there.

Interview Questions

• No real interview question the people doing the hiring seem as if they have never interviewed anyone before   1 Answer

New Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at EFI (Jacksonville, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

The process was a few months with five different employees, hr etc. Crucial details were required to be answered accurately and professionally. Curve balls were thrown, follow up required on my part when given the impression they would follow up to see if there was initiative.

Interview Questions

• Complicated applications procedures with errors not seen by the average Joe.   Answer Question

Principal Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EFI.

Interview

Series of three interviews, first with immediate associates, second was deeper with some of those and introducing more, third was phone screening with senior management in another location. Everyone was friendly, many asked hard theoretical and procedural questions, and all gauged my fit within the local and global teams.

Interview Questions

• If you feel strongly that this 'thing' is an issue and it's dismissed by another group/department, what would you do?   1 Answer