EFI Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "working enviroment"

Current Employee - Engineer in Fremont, CA
    Current Employee - Engineer in Fremont, CA

I have been working at EFI full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

nice and cooperative coworkers, many chances to learn new staff, encouraged to take more responsibilities.

Cons

compensation a little bit less than average.

Advice to Management

increasing engineer compensation

"Quality Assurance Manager"

I worked at EFI full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Flexibility, Great coworkers, Benefits. Ability to grow with in the team. Diverse group and helpful employees throughout the company. Very knowledgeable employees.

Cons

Management blind spots, bottom line vs. value of employee resources. Created goals and mentality of we are a great team, but when goals were attained through a lot of team effort, employees did not share in the benefits. Talked the talk, but didn't walk the walk.

Advice to Management

Value your people, I felt a change has occurred in the last 5 years and the increases were stagnant. Odd response from management in a group setting when asked about the stagnant increases ... 'well you can always find a job somewhere else'

"Senior Software Engineer"

I worked at EFI full-time

Pros

The work depends on the team in which you are. This could be either a pro or a con depending on that.
    Free Cab/ Free prints

Cons

The HR and management are hell bent to make you feel suffocated once you land here. Way too many rules/processes for simple things.

Compensation is way below industry standards.

4. "Great People"

I have been working at EFI full-time

Pros

Filled with a team of hard-working people who have worked for EFI for many years in some cases. Beautiful open plan office.

Cons

It's location is not ideal.

"Once in a lifetime experience"

I worked at EFI full-time

Pros

Working at EFI, you will soon realize the exact kind of company you never ever want to work for again. Following management's great example, you will quickly learn how to defend your silo and cover your behind. You will become a firm believer of the do-as-I-say-not-as-I-do culture. You will develop extremely high tolerance to office jerks and toxic managers. You will learn the necessary survival skill of working with way below market paid and long working hours.

Once you are ready to leave for a new company, you will feel like a super hero because your colleagues will shower you with a ton of praises and congratulations, while you can see how jealous they are looking at your grin from ear to ear like everyone else who left before you.

Senior management has great sense of humor, such as setting company goals like achieving 80% Recommend to a friend rating on Glassdoor.

Cons

You feel like you have to spend your valuable time writing a long review on Glassdoor for the sake of humanity.

Advice to Management

None. Management knows everything and don't need any advice.

"A job"

I have been working at EFI full-time

Pros

Good people at the team level. Decent pay and benefits.

Cons

Absolute disconnect between BUs and departments within that need to communicate to be effective. Management busy doing something but what?

7. "Over 10 Years"

I have been working at EFI full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great pay for the area and benefits beyond fair.

Cons

The consistency of policies is different department to department.

"Squeezing Water Out of a Rock"

I worked at EFI full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good co-workers, flexibility and good benefits.

Cons

New management in the last few years has changed what was a relaxed culture has changed to an atmosphere of trying to make more money with a lot less resources and running employees to the ground. Management has become like drill sergeants to their employees.

Advice to Management

Better start to recognize that employees are dropping like flies to find employment that pays better and where they are treated with respect.

"A struggling company trying to get back on track, but with no clear vision"

I worked at EFI full-time

Pros

Hard-working people in research and development that are generally easy to work with.

Cons

One of the worst senior management and leadership ever in tech, with complete disregard for respecting employees' time and work effort.

Advice to Management

Examine the causes that you bring to the toxic work environment, and reassess your worth and investment to the company.

"HR Rep"

Former Employee - Human Resources Representative in Meredith, NH
    Former Employee - Human Resources Representative in Meredith, NH

I worked at EFI full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Was hired directly
    New facility in 2018
    Fiery side of software business is less bad
    The printers are big and impressive
    Many work remotely

Cons

This is a classic case of a manufacturing environment spending as little as they can. Meredith facility is an OSHA nightmare with bugs and mice left to infest the premises. These people are given nothing- no perks and they don't even give raises at the time of promotion- my boss was. Ew to her role and informed me her old boss was incompetent and her boss was a drunk. I was told stories about male employees who harasses customers stole equipment but were still employed due to their "good ole boys" connections. This location does not buy into the companies SPRINT propaganda. I was told I was hired to improve employee engagement as well as helping the HRBP with onboarding. These people could care less about the welfare of their employees you can tell this because they have done nothing for them in 15 years. I was fired for suggesting improvements and told that S a new person I was supposed to shut up and do my "job" which consisted of watching videos. These people stalked me for a month with a series of 5 interviews many of which were missed by them or haphazardly rescheduled. This place is a snake pit in the two weeks I was there we have five high level resignations. Good riddence!! Stop wasting people's time!!

Advice to Management

You're a mess. You want this to be your demo facility and bring your world wide clients there? You can start by cleaning the "guest restroom" which I've seen cleaner ones in subway stations. Practice your own corporate culture and do something about the vermin and trip hazard wires before you get a real lawsuit. Which your Meredith HRBP will leave you open for when she discriminates against people by "firing for fit"