EGlobalTech Interview Questions | Glassdoor

EGlobalTech Interview Questions

Interviews at EGlobalTech

2.8

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EGlobalTech in April 2020.

Interview

I applied through a recruiter.

The interview process kicked off with a phone screen with a recruiter and then the hiring manager. The third and final interview was a video conference with key members of the team. Some of the interviews would have been in person, but due to Covid-19 it was done via video conference.

The team did a great job pivoting from in-person to a video interview. The recruiter was incredibly helpful though out the entire experience ensuring the technology was working, interview agenda were shared, and key information about the company was provided.

The interview questions covered the basic topics and the team did a great job answering my questions about the organization and culture. I was impressed by all members of the team and the interview process increased my excitement about the role.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at EGlobalTech (Vienna, VA).

Interview

I spoke to a recruiter first, then I did a phone interview, and finally an in-person interview in their Vienna, VA HQ office. The process is a bit lengthy but it was pretty smooth overall.

Interview Questions

• Job related questions, in-depth technical questions, behavioral questions   Answer Question

Java Tech Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EGlobalTech (New York, NY) in November 2019.

Interview

Long phone screen with recruiter: Very pleasant.

Tech phone screen with project manager: Very positive and pleasant

In person interview scheduled: I ended up cancelling because the HR recruiter refused to answer and "dodged" 2 important questions I had about pay and benefits:

Question 1: When does leave accrual begin for new employees? (Immediately or after a certain number of months?) She completely DODGED this question by simply saying new employees are allowed to use 40 hours of "negative leave" (meaning you can go into leave "debt" for 40 hours) but she would not tell me when an employee starts accruing POSITIVE leave. I asked twice. No answer. As an employee herself in HR, she should know when leave accrual starts.

Question 2: How does the company handle employee pay during government closures like the 5-week shutdown this year 2018-2019? She said she'd check and get back to me. She never provided an answer even though I asked twice. The company should know WHAT it did when the government shutdown: It doesn't make sense that nobody at the company knows or remembers.

The 1st couple of people I interviewed with seemed great, but the company seems less than transparent about pay and benefits. Makes it seem like they are hiding something. Refusing to answer basic questions was a big red flag to me, so I cancelled the interview while offering to reschedule if/when the HR person answered my questions. Of course, she never did. Company doesn't seem trustworthy.

Interview Questions

• What is your approach to offering technical advice to people of authority who may or may not listen?   Answer Question

Jan 16, 2020 – Marketing/PR

Thank you for your feedback on you interview experience. eGlobalTech has not conducted any interviews in New York directly, so we are looking into who you might have interviewed with to ensure that this does not happen again. Transparency is extremely important to us and we apologize that you did not receive the information you asked about.

To answer your questions, leave accrual begins immediately. For the first five years at eGlobalTech, employees accrue 160 hours per year (20 days), with the ability to use the negative leave mentioned. After five years, employees accrue more hours of PTO per pay period.

In our 15 years, we’ve seen multiple shutdowns. Each contract is handled on an individual basis and many of our contracts are not impacted by shutdowns because they are considered essential to customer mission. Since every shutdown is unique and we’ve been impacted differently each time, we’ve had to be agile in how we handle employee pay during government closures. Our priority is our people and historically we’ve worked with our employees on internal projects and other opportunities until the government ends the shutdown.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EGlobalTech (Washington, DC) in May 2019.

Interview

I applied for the position online, then was contacted by email for an interview. The interview was in-person at their office. It lasted maybe 20 minutes with traditional interview questions.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest strength and what is an area of growth for you?   Answer Question

Consultant I Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EGlobalTech.

Interview

Received a call from HR a week after submitting online job application. Interviewed with hiring manager a couple days after and received a call from HR the following day with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• What is a common lesson that you learned throughout your previous experiences?   Answer Question

Feb 8, 2019 – Marketing/PR

Thank you for your review. We’re so happy to hear you had a positive and streamlined experience.

Junior Management Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at EGlobalTech.

Interview

I had a phone interview. My interviewer kept accidentally asking me the same exact questions several times and wasn't really paying attention at all. When I'd ask questions, she would quickly realize she wasn't paying attention. If that's the face of the company, I don't want to be a part of it.

Interview Questions

EGlobalTech Response

May 9, 2018 – Marketing/PR

Thank you for sharing your interview experience. We invested heavily in evolving our recruiting and interview process. Thus, this is not the norm and certainly not the impression we want candidates to take away from their interviews with us. We are so sorry that we fell short of your expectations and our high standards. Your feedback is timely, as we are revamping our training for our new and experienced interviewers next month. We truly appreciate the time you took to explore opportunities with us, and wish you the best as you move forward in your career.

Subject Matter Expert Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at EGlobalTech (Arlington, VA).

Interview

After phone screenings, met with HR/Recruiting when I arrived. Had a very open, enjoyable conversation. Then, met with the Program Director who oversaw multiple client spaces (i.e., Departments/Agencies). The interview was more of an informational briefing for me than a Q&A of my knowledge, skills and abilities. Granted, I was an employee referral for a sold and funded contract position. At all levels, the discussions were professional, comfortable, and congenial.

Interview Questions

• What is one of the most interesting projects on which you've worked in your career?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at EGlobalTech in May 2017.

Interview

Multiple phone calls, and multiple phone interviews with different Directors. Two in-person interviews, sounds like they had several positions open and were shotgunning applicants to see where they could fit people. Met with client, found out the job was very different from what they described. This is a disorganized company.

Technical Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EGlobalTech (Arlington, VA) in August 2016.

Interview

They promised the stars and the moon and didn't deliver. For example, they promised to hold the clearance. They promised the process wouldn't take long. They promised that the contract had enough funding. They promised multiple interviewees that they would only need to work at one location.

Mid Level Tech Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at EGlobalTech (Washington, DC) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview process is very personable. A phone screen, with a company recruiter, then a phone screen with the Program manager, followed by a face to face with team members, afterwards a meeting face to face with a director.

Interview Questions

• basic questions about accomplishments in previous positions   Answer Question