EOG Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at EOG

2.4

Accounts Payable Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at EOG (Houston, TX).

Interview

The interview process was average questions on my previous work experience and job functions. I was called 2 weeks after the interview the background check takes 3 days or less. Very good functioning system.

Full Stack Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at EOG.

Interview

Initial phone screen and then in person interview. The people there are very knowledgable and seem like a great company to work for. They are developing some great things for the oil and gas sector.

Interview Questions

• Very in depth technical interview. Node, RESTful API's, ReactJS questions. Also ask questions about hardest technological achievements/ non-technological achievements.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EOG (Houston, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

I was selected for an interview from a career fair at University of Houston. Then I was called for an onsite interview in a span of 2 weeks. There were 2 interviews covered in 90 minutes, one technical and other behavioral. I did good in both of those interviews, also they seemed to like it. As After the process I was called by IT director to talk about some contract position. I was sent off after that saying I will be informed in a week. It has been more than 3 months now, I have no reply from them despite of my follow ups.

Data Scientist II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

Interview

I met my now boss at a recruiting event on campus while in my master's program. I then had an on-site interview. It was a very casual half-day spent mainly with the data science team. They take you to a nice lunch. Then you meet with the Chief Information and Technology Officer, who may ask you some questions about why you want a job at EOG.

Interview Questions

• When were you most awe-inspired by the beauty of mathematics?   1 Answer

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EOG (Austin, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

On campus interview. Very nice interviewer! We start the interview from a brief self-introduction, basically just going through resume. Not many technical questions, mostly focus on behavior questions. The interviewer provided a detailed introduction to company's business and cultures, and what technical stack they are using.

Data Science Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at EOG in September 2017.

Interview

I met their representatives at my college's career expo. They extended interview invitation in a week. The interview went on for 30 minutes. I was interviewed by an IT guy and a data scientist.
    However the interview itself is pretty relaxed and chilled out. You should be through n through with your resume. They will mostly go through the resume points. Most important thing is "Be prepared for numerous behavioral questions".

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at EOG (Lubbock, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

I met their recruiters at a job fair, and they asked me to come into an interview the next day. It was a Situational interview where they asked what you might to in certain situations. And also asked a lot of questions about previous job experiances.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where you may be working harder than team members in a group setting   Answer Question

Materials Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Midland, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at EOG (Midland, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

Was called over the phone and was asked a few initial questions from a placement agency that EOG uses for ALL new hires. You work with this placement agency for a minimum of one year and depending on your work ethic will be transferred to be an EOG employee. If you don't work as you should they will keep you as contract work. After the phone call, if you like what you hear they send your resume into the company. The company then goes through the resumes and decides who to call in for interview. I interviewed with two people. The department supervisor and manager. Both were friendly but were also straight forward about what was expected. They also let me know that they want to make sure the person fits the dynamics of the current team with the current employees. That was very impressive

Interview Questions

• My biggest struggles.   1 Answer
    • To tell them about myself, then asked follow up questions on what I said. Like they then asked about my daughter and her age and how school was   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EOG (Houston, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied through University of Houston Career Fair. Almost 500 students applied through fair and out of that they selected 10 students for interview. Out of that some of have applied for an internship.

Now, we (me and my friend) went to their office for an interview. We are only 2 who selected for an interview from University of Houston - Clear Lake. We met a director of EOG Resources Amit Ahuja. He said we are looking for a full-time position and asked us if we have any questions regarding position and company.

They said there will be 2 interviews and each interview will be taken by 2-3 persons. Each was about 30 minutes. In the 1st interview, they asked few behavioral questions and on some questions on resume. In the 2nd interview, they asked about resume and my accomplishment. They impressed with my machine learning work and told they will introduce me to their data science team how do we work and all. Finally, they asked one technical question on Tree. I did well.

The Same type of questions asked to my friend. But, at the end, they told my friend what if we offer you a job, not an EOG but at our partner company. Will you accept? and also told I am not offering you but I am asking. We haven't decided anything.

One week later, We got a mail that internship positions have been filled. So, we could not process your application. At the time our interview they said they want full-time also and rejection mail said something different.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EOG in September 2017.

Interview

Met them at a school career event and was contacted for an in person interview. Interview consisted of some questions about my background and a super easy coding problem that I solved in under 5 minutes. There were three interviewers in the room who were not very friendly and would check their phones during the interview. I received a rejection email a few weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Given an array of integers, find the biggest absolute difference between any 2 integers   Answer Question