EOG Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at EOG

2.4

Petroleum Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EOG (Austin, TX) in February 2011.

Interview

College recruiting; HR people handling logistics and engineers interviewed candidates.
    I then was hired after a 3-month internship; quick turnaround; offer given 1 month after finishing internship. It was easy and quick. They looked for enthusiasm and high GPA candidates.

Interview Questions

• How do you see yourself in 5 years? Which discipline do you want to get to?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EOG (Houston, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

I was selected for an interview from a career fair at University of Houston. Then I was called for an onsite interview in a span of 2 weeks. There were 2 interviews covered in 90 minutes, one technical and other behavioral. I did good in both of those interviews, also they seemed to like it. As After the process I was called by IT director to talk about some contract position. I was sent off after that saying I will be informed in a week. It has been more than 3 months now, I have no reply from them despite of my follow ups.

Software Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EOG (Houston, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview took roughly half an hour. It was a very casual conversation. We discussed general ideas I had and they told me about projects they are currently working on and problems they would like to solve.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had an "aha" moment related to software development. What did you realize?   Answer Question

Warehouse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Big Piney, WY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at EOG (Big Piney, WY).

Interview

Went great. They told me what I was going to be doing and what the expectations where. Willing to train me on what I didn't know. Made sure I understood that there would be other tasks that would come about.

Interview Questions

• Would I be willing to help others learn if needed?   1 Answer

Inventory Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at EOG (Denver, CO) in March 2016.

Interview

One interview with the team leader in the department that you will be working in. Usually there are about 3-8 people on each team, including the team leader. I would say there are about 75 people in each department. There is not a lot of room for career advancement.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Have you ever been a part of a team?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EOG (Denver, CO) in September 2016.

Interview

Very professional and gave helpful advice on how to improve. Had a lot of notes, questions, and comments with regards to my resume and background. Did not have time to ask them more than one question sadly.

Interview Questions

• Why do I think I would make a good fit for the position?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EOG.

Interview

Not at all stuffy like some other companies that do "behavioral interviews" or ask you weird questions like, "would you choose the red ball or the blue ball". There were two interviewers and both were very nice and friendly.

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EOG (Austin, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

The Interview took about 30 min on campus. there were 3 interviewer from their IT team, including their IT team manager. The interview consists mostly of going over my resume. Only a few behavior questions. Ask if I were given a specific problem / problem to solve, how I would start and plan the process.

Interview Questions

• If I were given a project to predict equipment failures, what algorithm will I use and how will I plan the project.   Answer Question

Materials Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Midland, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at EOG (Midland, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

Was called over the phone and was asked a few initial questions from a placement agency that EOG uses for ALL new hires. You work with this placement agency for a minimum of one year and depending on your work ethic will be transferred to be an EOG employee. If you don't work as you should they will keep you as contract work. After the phone call, if you like what you hear they send your resume into the company. The company then goes through the resumes and decides who to call in for interview. I interviewed with two people. The department supervisor and manager. Both were friendly but were also straight forward about what was expected. They also let me know that they want to make sure the person fits the dynamics of the current team with the current employees. That was very impressive

Interview Questions

• My biggest struggles.   1 Answer
    • To tell them about myself, then asked follow up questions on what I said. Like they then asked about my daughter and her age and how school was   Answer Question

Accounts Payable Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at EOG (Houston, TX).

Interview

The interview process was average questions on my previous work experience and job functions. I was called 2 weeks after the interview the background check takes 3 days or less. Very good functioning system.