Eagle Hill Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Eagle Hill Consulting

3.5

Sort:

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Crystal City, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Eagle Hill Consulting (Crystal City, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

A couple rounds of phone interviews, with a final round face-to-face on site at Eagle Hill's offices in VA. Fairly standard when compared to other consulting firms. All questions in all rounds were behavioral based.

Interview Questions

• There was a fair amount of repetition between rounds, as they wanted to ensure I had a firm grasp on a couple key attributes. No surprises here, like other behavioral interviews, they want to know about a time you failed, a time you dealt with a difficult coworker, a time you delivered a harsh truth, etc. One surprising question was they wanted to know what I liked and didn't like about all my bosses I had over the course of my career. Prepare to do a deep dive through your entire career, starting from high school all the way up to your most recent occupation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Eagle Hill Consulting (Washington, DC).

Interview

Eagle Hill has a very thorough interview process. I first applied online via their website after attending a graduate school info session they had at my university. I was impressed with how clean their work was and how well thought out their work was. They had a very good culture that I was able to pick up on and I thought it would be a great place to go to as opposed to massive consulting firm where it would be impersonal. As well their client list is impressive and they have been showing constant growth since they started.

After I had submitted my resume and my initial application I was selected to receive the Top Grade questionnaire form where I had 2 weeks to fill it out and return. They ask for everything regarding your work history, your experiences there, items you worked on, takeaways, and career direction all the way back to high school. Its pretty thorough and its a process I have never been thorough with that much detail.

I would then hear back roughly 6 weeks later that I would have my phone screen and then I was moved forward to do my in person interview. My in person interview was onsite at their Crystal City office and it lasted about 3 hours, and I was asked all about my form that I filled out in great detail, it really was in an in-depth interview and it was tough for me since I had to constantly go back and really think out my answer to help guide how them through my history. They are definitely looking to see if you will be a fit for their culture and I am sure for their clients, its through and I am sure there is a well thought out process for it. I would highly recommend reviewing your top grade answers and really knowing your work history and concrete experiences at your various employment locations before your onsite interview.

I also had an awesome recruiter, Chelsea really worked with me to guide me through the process. She was an All-star in making sure I got the information I needed and coordinating. She was very professional and worked to ensure that regardless of outcome there was a quality experience in the recruiting process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about concrete experiences in where you experienced failure at work and how did you and your supervisor moe forward from that?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Eagle Hill Consulting.

Interview

The interview process is long, and the interview itself is long. This is to ensure that employees are a great fit for the firm. Looking at other negative reviews - I think that if you did a little research into Topgrading you would see the extreme benefits of the process. Eagle Hill and its employees are also very willing to discuss the specific ways that the firm tailors it to their needs, and it is one of the things employees like the most about the firm. It is one important thing that has not been compromised as Eagle Hill is growing.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Eagle Hill Consulting (Washington, DC) in March 2015.

Interview

I was contracted by someone from Eagle Hill on LinkedIn. He scheduled an informational call to talk about the role I was a candidate for, which related to the work I was doing at the time. We had a second call which was a standard behavioral interview. We also discussed the salary range I was looking for. It was a positive experience overall.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Eagle Hill Consulting (Washington, DC) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied for an associate position. I had an initial phone interview with the recruiter that lasted over an hour. I then came in for an in person interview and went through the entire top-grading system. The interview was almost 2 hours long and required me to speak about my experiences both positive and negative from high school, college and all of my previous jobs. After the in person interview, I had probably 5-6 follow up calls with the recruiter and managers. Eventually received a verbal offer and was waiting for follow up. When I reconnected with the recruiter after she had been out of the office, she said they were putting my offer on hold. I never heard back from them. It was really a frustrating experience. They really emphasize their position as a top employer but receiving a verbal offer and then having them slowly back away without any explanation was overall a negative experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your former manager. What did they do well and what were their weaknesses?   Answer Question

Eagle Hill Consulting Response

Aug 18, 2016 – President & CEO

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on our recruiting process. Our goal is to provide a positive experience to all candidates. I am sorry to hear that this was not your experience. I... More

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Eagle Hill Consulting (Alexandria, VA) in July 2015.

Interview

Eagle Hill follows the intensive Topgrading Approach to hiring, a thorough and robust recruiting process. About 20 percent of the resumes received are selected for further review. As a candidate, you undergo Competency Interviews and a chronological Topgrading Interview where you're asked about your entire career, including your successes, mistakes, key decisions, and key relationships.
    Finalists are asked to arrange personal reference calls with former managers.

Interview Questions

• What is your personal big, hairy, audacious goal (BHAG)?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer I was extended was fair and reasonable. I attempted to negotiate a slightly higher salary but was turned down and chose to accept what was offered.

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Eagle Hill Consulting.

Interview

Overall, it was a very good experience! The recruiter and hiring managers were extremely professional, friendly and helpful throughout the process. I especially appreciate how fast they made decisions and moved me through their process. Eagle Hill uses the Topgrading method to hiring. This means if your resume is selected, you will fill out an extensive career history form that includes every job you've ever had, salary data and a self-evaluation. I subsequently had a phone interview and an in-depth behavioral-style interview that followed the Topgrading formula. They also request writing samples. While it sounds intimidating, I can see why Eagle Hill choses Topgrading for interviewing candidates as it provides objectivity and clear behavioral patterns that help assess fit. The only part that is a bit uncomfortable is that they will ask you for your current manager as a reference.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Crystal City, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Eagle Hill Consulting (Crystal City, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

I filled out a short web form and received the very lengthy Topgrading career history form in a subsequent email. After this, I had an hour-long telephone interview with a recruiter followed by a two-hour in-person interview with two consultants.

Certain elements of the Topgrading process seem thoughtful, but due to poor time management my in-person interview was heavily weighted toward high school and college experiences as well as the early years of my career. We skipped over graduate school and had very little time for my current role. My interviewers were very fixated on setbacks and mistakes, asking numerous follow-up questions about them, and they did not seem nearly as interested in my successes and strengths. Many of the questions (e.g., "How did this setback feel?" "What was this experience like?") made me feel like I was in therapy, not applying for a job. On the one hand, I can understand the desire to get to know me and assess what kind of person I am, but this line of questioning reached the point of being excessive and even, I felt, a bit inappropriate.

Six business days after my interview, I received a one-paragraph form letter rejection from a "noreply" email address. I likely wasn't a good fit for this role or organization, but this is among the colder and less cordial rejections I've received over the course of my career.

Leadership Coach Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Eagle Hill Consulting (Arlington, VA).

Interview

Wow! Best. Recruiter. Ever.

I had the great pleasure of working with Amy Fuller. She knows how to deliver a fantastic candidate experience. Her prompt follow-up, very thorough information, and willingness to answer all of my questions make it clear she emulates two of Eagle Hill's values - collaboration and impact.

Sometimes recruiters get a bad reputation. Amy's actions make her stand out as a shining example of what other recruiters should emulate. I can imagine Amy isn't the only Eagle Hill recruiter with these great qualities. When Eagle Hill calls you, I strongly recommend you pick up the phone.

While I didn't get the role, Amy was able to give some very specific feedback as to why I wasn't selected. Most companies will give you the generic - thanks but no thanks. It says a lot that Amy was willing to spend 15 minutes with me.

Thank you again for a fantastic experience!

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Eagle Hill Consulting (Arlington, VA) in April 2013.

Interview

They follow the top-grading approach to interviewing which is very robust and thorough. There is about an hour of behavioral questions with 1 or 2 people and then about 2 hours of typical interview questions asking about all of your previous work/school experience with at least 2 different employees. Be prepared to be able to talk in depth about all your experiences.

Interview Questions

• What do you think were the strengths and weaknesses of your previous bosses and why?   Answer Question