Eagle Hill Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 19, 2018

3.6

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Eagle Hill Consulting (New York, NY).

Interview

Eagle Hill uses the topgrading approach for the interviews. They claim that's what makes them different and it does in a negative way. If you're in HR and you have lots of experience and you need to take 4 hours to interview someone then you clearly can't or do know how to automatically know what you're looking for. They go back to high school. Funny how the top consulting firms don't have that long of a process.

Bottom Line: If a company has to go back to high school and college to ask people how they were and it's been 20 years since graduating. If a company can't make decisions with 13 years of work experience and information - that should be indicative of their work in consulting.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when you had to overcome a serious challenge in high school on your baseball team?   Answer Question

Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Eagle Hill Consulting (Arlington, VA) in March 2018.

Interview

Once you apply online, you may be contacted by a recruiter to complete a long questionnaire. This questionnaire dates back to you high school experiences and asks a variety of questions based on all previous work experiences - and they mean all. This questionnaire is the base for all interview questions, so remember your answers, and be as thorough as possible.

Then, you will be contacted for a phone interview. The phone interview will be a time for you to learn more about the company and to answer questions based on the questionnaire you completed. If you make it to the next round, you will be asked to complete a tandem interview. This interview will take place at the Arlington location. It involves one person asking questions and another person writing down everything that you say. The questions are similar to the phone interview questions and will be based purely on your questionnaire. Normally, they go through each previous job experience and ask the same questions.

Interview Questions

• What were you strengths and weaknesses at this job?
      How did you collaborate?
      What would you do differently?
      What were some successes and failures?   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Eagle Hill Consulting (Arlington, VA) in February 2018.

Interview

I applied for the position online, then was given a Topgrading questionnaire to fill out which I had 2 weeks to complete. After that I had a phone interview with a recruiter, a phone interview with 2 team members, followed by and in-person interview on-site. Overall my experience was extremely positive, and the recruiter I worked with - Chelsea, was phenomenal! The process was extremely intense, but the process allowed me to learn a lot about the organization even before going in, which was great and very appealing. It was clear that they were looking for someone very specific for the role. I wish I had insight as to whether I just didn't have the experience they were looking for, or if they felt l wasn't a fit for the organization culturally. It seemed like the organization had a very positive culture, and really cared a great deal for their employees.

Interview Questions

• What were your high points and low points at each of your jobs?   Answer Question

IT Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Eagle Hill Consulting (Arlington, VA) in February 2018.

Interview

Company used TopGrading, although this process is lengthy and in-depth, it is well worth it. Process took a little over a month and the interview was in person, about 2.5 hours with the direct report and one of the executive advisors.

Interview Questions

• What were my strengths and weaknesses from each previous role.   1 Answer

Management Consultant Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Eagle Hill Consulting in January 2018.

Interview

Was referred by an employee and sent a topgrading form a couple weeks later. The topgrading form is an extensive job history dating all the way back to high school. You must put you strengths/accomplishments and failures from EACH position, which for my high school and early college jobs was quite difficult.

Was contacted for a phone interview about two weeks later. I thought it went quite well - It lasted for about an hour and was told I would be contacted in the next few days about an person interview (be prepared to talk for about an hour). Instead, I was greeted with a generic rejection email on Monday morning.

I understand that for alot of bigger companies, it's impossible to reply to everyone individually who gets denied. But, EHC already weeds out 80 percent of resumes before they send out the topgrading forms, so I really don't understand why I couldn't get an email that actually gave me some feedback instead of a generic "no." I spent about a week filling out the topgrading form and spent an hour on a phone interview, the least they could do is send me a more personable email that was more than two sentences. I was very excited about EHC and the interview but the way it ended turned me off.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume since college, what were your successes/failures at each position.   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of a situation that you could've handled better?   Answer Question
    • How have you worked in teams in the past?   Answer Question
    • What's your approach to building relationships with your clients?   Answer Question

Management Consulting Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Eagle Hill Consulting.

Interview

Scheduled for a 45min- 1 hour call but instead mine was just 30 mins. The recruiter spoke about the company for a brief period- let's say 5 minutes and then we jumped into questions. They ask questions related to working in teams because that's what they do for the most part. And also a lot of behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• - Tell me about a time your received performance feedback- how did you take it?

- Tell me about a time you gave feedback- how did they take it?

- How do you keep organized?

- How do you build relationship with team members?   Answer Question

Management Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Eagle Hill Consulting.

Interview

I applied for the position (found on LinkedIn) and then was sent an email to complete their top grading application. This is an extensive record of your employment history and academic history dating all the way back to high school. If you pass that round then you will be invited to a phone interview with the recruiter. If you pass that round you will be invited onsite in Crystal City for an onsite interview. Unfortunately, before my phone interview began she said it would have to be cut down to only 30 minutes. She seemed rushed, disinterested and unenthusiastic throughout our conversation. She said she would take my interview back to the team to discuss and they would get back to me in a week. I hadn't heard back in over a week and a half so I reached out to her directly for feedback and was almost immediately sent a no reply email stating they were not moving forward and then an email from her stating the same thing a couple hours later. I asked for feedback but she did not respond. Very surprised at my interview experience given other people's interactions with the recruiter but maybe it was just an off day.

Interview Questions

• Referred to a lot of what was recorded in the top grading application.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Eagle Hill Consulting (Washington, DC).

Interview

Eagle Hill has a very thorough interview process. I first applied online via their website after attending a graduate school info session they had at my university. I was impressed with how clean their work was and how well thought out their work was. They had a very good culture that I was able to pick up on and I thought it would be a great place to go to as opposed to massive consulting firm where it would be impersonal. As well their client list is impressive and they have been showing constant growth since they started.

After I had submitted my resume and my initial application I was selected to receive the Top Grade questionnaire form where I had 2 weeks to fill it out and return. They ask for everything regarding your work history, your experiences there, items you worked on, takeaways, and career direction all the way back to high school. Its pretty thorough and its a process I have never been thorough with that much detail.

I would then hear back roughly 6 weeks later that I would have my phone screen and then I was moved forward to do my in person interview. My in person interview was onsite at their Crystal City office and it lasted about 3 hours, and I was asked all about my form that I filled out in great detail, it really was in an in-depth interview and it was tough for me since I had to constantly go back and really think out my answer to help guide how them through my history. They are definitely looking to see if you will be a fit for their culture and I am sure for their clients, its through and I am sure there is a well thought out process for it. I would highly recommend reviewing your top grade answers and really knowing your work history and concrete experiences at your various employment locations before your onsite interview.

I also had an awesome recruiter, Chelsea really worked with me to guide me through the process. She was an All-star in making sure I got the information I needed and coordinating. She was very professional and worked to ensure that regardless of outcome there was a quality experience in the recruiting process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about concrete experiences in where you experienced failure at work and how did you and your supervisor moe forward from that?   Answer Question

Leadership Coach Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Eagle Hill Consulting (Arlington, VA).

Interview

Wow! Best. Recruiter. Ever.

I had the great pleasure of working with Amy Fuller. She knows how to deliver a fantastic candidate experience. Her prompt follow-up, very thorough information, and willingness to answer all of my questions make it clear she emulates two of Eagle Hill's values - collaboration and impact.

Sometimes recruiters get a bad reputation. Amy's actions make her stand out as a shining example of what other recruiters should emulate. I can imagine Amy isn't the only Eagle Hill recruiter with these great qualities. When Eagle Hill calls you, I strongly recommend you pick up the phone.

While I didn't get the role, Amy was able to give some very specific feedback as to why I wasn't selected. Most companies will give you the generic - thanks but no thanks. It says a lot that Amy was willing to spend 15 minutes with me.

Thank you again for a fantastic experience!

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Eagle Hill Consulting.

Interview

The interview process is long, and the interview itself is long. This is to ensure that employees are a great fit for the firm. Looking at other negative reviews - I think that if you did a little research into Topgrading you would see the extreme benefits of the process. Eagle Hill and its employees are also very willing to discuss the specific ways that the firm tailors it to their needs, and it is one of the things employees like the most about the firm. It is one important thing that has not been compromised as Eagle Hill is growing.