Eaton Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Eaton Interview Questions

Updated Dec 10, 2017

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Eaton (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

The first step was an initial phone screening and after getting through that interview, I traveled to Ohio and attended two behavioral interviews and networked over lunch with current Eaton employees.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if your manager asked you to do something you believed to be unethical?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Eaton.

Interview

Applied online. Got a call about a month later to schedule a phone interview. Interview went well, and was offered an internship about a month later. HR did the whole process, and it was not technical at all.

GLDP Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Eaton.

Interview

Met the company at a MBA career fair and had a first interview at the career fair on the second day. Second/final interview was a half day affair at the Headquarters.

Finance and Accounting Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Eaton (Cleveland, OH) in November 2017.

Interview

Participated in a first round interview on campus. Received a response within a week inviting me to a second round interview at a company location. They gave me several dates and locations to choose from. Both the first and second round interviews were purely behavioral questions. First round interview consisted of resume walk through and 3 behavior interviews. 2nd round interview session consisted of 2 interviews. Both had 3 behavioral questions and a few small questions based on your response. Eaton arranged all travel and logistics. Overall pretty professional experience. I haven't received an offer yet.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to quickly adjust to new conditions   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had multiple deadlines to meet and not enough time, and how you managed to prioritize your work?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you failed in some way and how you handled the situation   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time when you had to inspire your teammates or group members to do something   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you knew your boss was wrong about something   Answer Question

Field Service Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Eaton in November 2017.

Interview

It was overall very pleasant with no curveballs. The recruiter I spoke with gave me some very fundamental questions about my experience and my academic performance. Then, they went on to asking 3 questions about story-based professional experiences. This was the first interview in a multiple interview process, so I was not offered a position at this point.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time that you improved a process or chose not to, and why.   Answer Question

Picker/Forklift Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Eaton (Saint Louis, MO) in November 2017.

Interview

Quick and easy. Answered a few behavior based questions. Sat down in conference room with interviewers. Relaxed and straightforward. One problem with recruiter advertising a job duty requirement on job posting while the onsite interviewers were not specifically looking for that job. Miscommunication.

Another problem was failing too disclose that their work force was unionized. Should have been more upfront about that on the job posting or other communication

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you encountered a safety concern and how you responded.   Answer Question

Finance Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Eaton (Pittsburgh, PA) in November 2017.

Interview

The first interview is over the phone and they contacted me by the end of the day to schedule in the in person interview for the following week. They arranged for the flight and hotel and had you scheduled for the interview event in the first half or second half of the work day. They provided lunch and allowed you to connect with current employees in the lunch room. After lunch they brought everyone up to a conference room where your interview schedule was provided. There are two one-on-one interviews with managers and during down time you can speak with current participants of the leadership development program. The interviews did not include any technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Name three things that make you different from the other applicants?   Answer Question
    • Are you comfortable with an accounting heavy rotation?   Answer Question

Director, Product Line Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Eaton (Saint Louis, MO) in October 2017.

Interview

Met with various teams of interviewers. Required me to tell my basic information over and over. Each team had "have you ever" type questions. Or "tell me about a time..."

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you helped develop a solution to a problem you uncovered within an organization.   Answer Question

Finance/Accounting Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Eaton (Raleigh, NC) in October 2017.

Interview

Was invited one week after I applied for an on-campus interview. This was an easy interview just talking to someone from HR while they typed on the computer the whole time. Received a second round interview about one week after the on-campus interview. This was a full day where they fly you out to their office and you interview with two Eaton employees. Basic behavioral questions. Three questions for each interview, just make sure you use the STAR method and you'll be fine. Was told we will hear back within 2 weeks but still have not heard anything.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you failed and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Technical Sales Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Eaton (Cleveland, OH) in October 2017.

Interview

Had an On-Campus first interview then went to Headquarters in Cleveland, OH for a day of second interviews. Consisted of two interviews with upper management and a 10 minute presentation of an Eaton product.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you worked with someone who was difficult and what did you do to accomplish your goal?   Answer Question