Eaton Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Eaton Interview Questions

Updated Sep 21, 2017

Demand Planning Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minnetonka, MN

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Eaton (Minnetonka, MN).

Interview

2 quick and painless phone interviews. Then 2 hr onsite interview. Was not informed ahead of time on construction work that had the main entrance shut down. Had to get in on the side on which I stood and waited for someone to let me in. Required a PowerPoint presentation at the beginning and then interviews afterward. Most questions seemed irrelevant to the open job. Overall, a pretty bad experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were a leader of a project?   Answer Question

Information Technology Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Eaton.

Interview

Applied through university web site and interviewed on campus two weeks later. Two 30-minute interviews back-back with two managers. Typical behavioral interview. Friendly managers, laid back and easy to talk with.

CSR Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Eaton.

Interview

3 hours liking with 3 different panels. Very difficult. Recuit a lot thru LinkedIn. Company will verify work background and education. Must have college degree for most positions. Highly recommend applying

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Eaton.

Interview

Phone interview with two senior engineers. The questions are related to my research experience. The interviewers try to find the useful information between my research, classes and the potential position.

Human Resources Manager Interview

Interview

Application submission resulted in an initial phone screen with Talent Acquisition. Within a week I was scheduled for a phone interview with the hiring manager. Next steps was an onsite interview at the plant facility and then to the corporate office...7 flights in three days. Sent a thank you email five days following the interview but received an out of office assistant so followed up two weeks to the day from the interview. Nothing, nada, zilch, zero response. Ghosted. Very unprofessional considering the arduous interview process.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral based questions that highlight and are derived from core competencies. Requires a PowerPoint presentation at the start of the onsite interview.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Pretty long process. The recruiter was really nice and made me feel comfortable. Only thing is she never reached out when she said she would; I had to call months later to find out I didn't get the offer.

Quality Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Eaton.

Interview

Behavioral-based interviewing - if you're unfamiliar with this strategy simply look it up. It's pretty straightforward. They want to know that you're a team player, that you are ethical, mature, and can handle difficult challenges professionally. "Describe a time where you had to..." etc., and you must provide a real scenario you have dealt with (no theoretical cases), with follow-up questions about the experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to make a critical decision without knowing all of the information.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you had to play a leadership role. How did you handle it? Follow up example: "What did your team members think about how you handled the situation?" etc.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Eaton in August 2017.

Interview

Felt like the interview process was about standard length for a large corporation. Just over 6 weeks total from time of applying online and receiving offer. First interview was your standard HR phone screen with one or two behavioral questions. Be honest and show how well you work in a team or deal with a difficult situation. HR will also ask you some logistical questions (e.g. current salary, location, etc...).

Second interview consisted of a two panel interviews that followed a four slide presentation about yourself. The presentation is where you'll be able to sell yourself best and set yourself up to succeed during the STAR panel interviews to follow. Interviewers were welcoming and relaxed. They honestly wished they didn't have to asked the standard company questions and by the end of it were asking questions to really get to know me. Eaton is big on being a team player. Be prepared with your own questions and know about the company beforehand. One of the interviewees seemed liked he asked that to all interviewees to see if they did their homework.

Final interview was with potential boss's boss. Simple half hour phone screen with similar behavioral questions as the panel interview. Pretty simple and straightforward. We ended up chatting about football and what not by the end of it.

Overall, experience was welcoming and smooth. HR, Engineers, Managers were very responsive as long as you were engaged.

Interview Questions

• Basic STAR type questions mostly focusing on teamwork and how you work in groups. They want to see that you're able to work not only with your team but with the customer   Answer Question

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Eaton (Pittsburgh, PA) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got a phone screen a couple weeks later. Just talked through my resume and got to ask questions about the job. They talked about how transparency is big for the company, how they're always trying to adapt to the marketplace, and trying to create flexible working. Sounded like a good gig.

No response for a week. Emailed them and was told I made it to the next round. Then no response for another week. Sent another email and was told the position was put on hold.

Interview Questions

• Just went over the resume. Was told all other interviews would be strictly behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Quality Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Eaton in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted for a preliminary phone interview with a corporate HR employee. They asked basic questions about my resume and my current position/salary. After that, I was contacted by the local HR employee and set up for an in person interview. I was interviewed by four people (in two groups) and it took about two hours total. The questions were "behavior-based" interview questions. At the end of the interview, I was told that I would be contacted either way regarding the position. As standard protocol, I followed up after the interview. After going 4 weeks without hearing either way, I sent a follow up email. Today marks 1 month since that interview and I have not heard anything either way. My job status says "Under Consideration" and isn't closed out yet, but I can't believe they would leave candidates hanging for so long.
    Update: on 9/11 my follow up email got a response. Apparently the position is on "administrative hold." I'm not sure what this means for the position, but just be warned that even after phone interviews, and in person interviews Eaton may decide to put a position on hold and won't let you know unless you explicitly ask.

Interview Questions

• What was a time when you had a better idea than your superior? How did you handle it, what were you thinking during, what did you learn, etc.?   Answer Question