Eaton Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Eaton Interview Questions

Interviews at Eaton

2.9

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Eaton.

Interview

Phone screening, phone interview, then 3 hour in person interview. They seemed great during the process, then led me to believe I’d be hired, and left me without a work for over a month.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time that you were faced with an ethical dilemma, and how you handled it.   1 Answer

Interview

The direct manager interviewed via phone. Because the role belongs to a small department and only reports to the manager, there were no other rounds. Duration of the internship highly depended on the need of the specific department. In general they hired interns all year round (based on what I know, not sure about the current situation)

Interview Questions

• Skill sets, expectations of the internship, education background   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Eaton.

Interview

First a phone interview in December with corporate HR. Then another in January with local management. A face to face in February with local management and HR. Offer Made in March

Order Picker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Eaton.

Interview

Non existant they sent a automated email response from human resources saying that they have decided to move on to better qualified candidates then on the very next day the same job position was reposted and this has happened for more than 3 weeks perhaps the job listing is dead.

Data Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Eaton (Atlanta, GA) in January 2020.

Interview

Interview was for Data Governance Manager. Terrible experience!

The interview process was a little slow and they were not good communicators. The hiring manager was good, but HR and another manager were terrible. First phone screen with recruiter, then phone call with the hiring manager. Finally in person with 4 sequential meetings. The hiring manager was good. The HR person was brand new and had no idea what they were doing. One of the other managers asked me crazy details about my previous positions going back years on topics that weren't at all relevant (why did you company do this? well they made that decision 6 years ago before i worked there. well why did they decide that way? i don't know, i just said i wasn't working there then).

Finally, it took them 2 weeks to get back with an offer. In the screening interview they had already asked my salary requirements which I had shared along with a ballpark of my current salary. Despite some bumps I was excited for the job because of the hiring manager. Well, the offer was 20% below what I had asked. I let them know that was much too low compared to what we had discussed before, in fact it was lower than my current salary (and no bonus and less vacation). The hiring manager apologized and said she was never told by HR or involved in setting the offer amount (strange). She went back to HR and then called me a day later to tell me they couldn't go any higher. She again apologized for not knowing about the salary expectation, but surely HR knew?

If you are going to ask for salary expectations up front, don't lowball them below their current salary!!! And if you are going to lowball them 20% down, then make sure you are willing to negotiate even a little. Very much a waste of my time and I wouldn't work there even if they came with a good offer later. HR is clearly terrible and I can't imagine what it would be like for employees to ask for a raise.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked with a difficult person.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Eaton.

Interview

Spoke with recruiter and campus career fair and applied online. Sent out emails for on-campus interviews within a couple days. Interviewed with two different people, behavior and then technical questions. Each interview was 30 minutes back to back

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Eaton (Southfield, MI) in December 2019.

Interview

I attended a conference. Received an email regarding a phone interview. Following the phone interview I was invited to Southfield, MI for a second round interview event. The second round interview consisted of two one on one ~45 min interviews and one 5 min presentation in front of about three people. The presentation is on an eaton product of your choice and you will need to sell your audience the product. Throughout the process all questions are behavioral based. Use the STAR method to answer these questions and practice ahead of time

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time where you had to handle a challenging situation. What did you learn? Would you change the way you handled the situation?   1 Answer

Sales Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Eaton (Houston, TX) in November 2019.

Interview

Two steps. Phone interview, and Eaton Interview Experience. The phone call takes about 20-30 minutes and the Interview Experience is an all day process involving two interviews and a presentation over a technical product that you can choose.

Interview Questions

• List a time that you had odds stacked against you and still performed?   1 Answer

Power Electronics Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Eaton (Detroit, MI) in November 2019.

Interview

Great process. They have three rounds of behavioral questions interview. The questions were asked to see your compatibility with the company and how you would cope under pressure. The questions were also regarding how you will get along with other employees.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you gave a positive feedback to a person.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Eaton.

Interview

They will fly you out to one of their larger hubs. They will provide food, airfare, hotel and driving accommodations. There will be at least two interviewers asking you a variety of behavioral based questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you felt when a coworker disagreed with you and how you solved the problem.   1 Answer