Eaton Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Eaton Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2017

Junior Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Peachtree City, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Eaton (Peachtree City, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and then was contacted by someone from HR that did a phone screen. He just went over my resume and asked one technical question. Then I was invited to Eaton's onsite interview event (Peachtree City, GA). I choose the morning session which consisted of breakfast, a quick intro, then three 1 hr interviews. The first was with two sr. electrical engineers, the second was with an HR representative, the last was a technical interview. The first interview was on being tech savy and at one point I had to describe something technical to them. The second interview was more based on how to deal with complexity. The technical interview was basically a test where I had to vocalize my thought process. It sucked, cause a lot of the questions were stuff that if they asked me a couple semesters ago, I would've remembered.

Interview Questions

• Had to analyze various circuits. But the interviewer told me that it wasn't about me getting the answers right, but about seeing if I was teachable.   Answer Question

Lead Technician Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Eaton.

Interview

I initially talked to an internal recruiter about a week after applying online for a position. Two weeks later I received a call from the hiring manager and was interviewed mostly using the STAR method with some technical questions mixed in. I did an on site tour/interview a week later with 3 personnel using STAR method questions. I received an offer the following week.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you dealt with a coworker who habitually didn't follow work practices, safety policies, etc.   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation in which you improved the efficiency of a program you were working on.   Answer Question
    • What have you accomplished in the past that you are most proud of.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I negotiated vacation time and it was not a hassle.

Software Controls Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Eaton.

Interview

Mostly focused on behavioral questions. Involved a lot of elaborating on resume points and past experiences and involved little technical questioning. The onsite took longer than other interviews I've had, but it also seems to be a much larger company.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you had to resolve a conflict with somebody who you didn't agree with or get along with.   Answer Question

Finance Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Eaton (Cleveland, OH) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview consisted of one phone interview with the hiring manager and then one on-site interview held at the Cleveland Ohio headquarters. The process from phone interview to on-site interview took two weeks, the response after the on site interview took another two weeks.

Interview Questions

• Name one time where you had to change a pre-existing process   Answer Question

LDP IT/Cyber Security Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Eaton (Cleveland, OH) in February 2017.

Interview

Received phone interview, was told at the end of the call that I was invited to an in person interview the following week. Attended interview event in Cleveland and interviewed with 2 people followed by a lunch. Received verbal offer 3 hours after the event concluded.

Interview Questions

• Almost all behavioral based questions.

Name a time you had to resolve a conflict with a coworker.
      Resume based questions
      Answer Question

Technical Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Americus, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Eaton (Americus, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

Most Dysfunctional and unorganized group I have ever dealt with as far as interview process. Had a phone screening Feb of this year. The recruiter told me that I successfully passed the screening and to expect a call from the hiring manager in a week. If I didn't hear anything in a week to let her know. A week goes by and I don't hear anything so I email the recruiter to let her know. No response. 5 weeks later I'm contacted by hiring manager for his phone interview. He tells me he apologizes about the delay but there was an error in their system that caused it. Pass his phone interview then move on to the 5 hour panel . So I arrive 30 minutes early the following Monday for my In person interview which was scheduled for 8am. I was told upon arrival that they're not sure why corporate scheduled an 8am appointment because the managers normally get there around 9am. 2 hours later is when the interview finally happens. It was a rotational style interview where you will be interviewed by 2 managers per hour for 5-6 hours. None of the questions were difficult. Behavioral type questions and each set of managers will ask you the same type of questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you dealt with a difficult customer and what was the end result?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Eaton.

Interview

Phone interview lasting an hour. Phone interview again lasting an hour. Site interview lasting a day. Did not receive a decision yet. Overall, the interviewers were professional and pleasant to speak with.

Lighting Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Eaton (Syracuse, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

First met with company president, was given a brief overview of the company and the growth opportunities. Toured the office and engineering department, and met several engineering and HR individuals. After that I was interviewed by two members of the design team, who inquired about skills and personality, then by HR, who essentially asked the same questions.

Interview Questions

• Name an instance where learning a new technology proved helpful in solving a problem.   Answer Question

IT Business Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beachwood, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Eaton (Beachwood, OH) in January 2017.

Interview

Nightmare. Process was scheduled and rescheduled countless times. All behavior based scenarios which you could easily make up a lie and tell it to each round on interviewers. Behavior based interviews are what is done when an organization thinks they are going to really figure out what a candidate is really about. When you tell a ten minute story and the interviewers can only right down ten percent of what you said in ten minute interview, it's really a waste of everyone's time. Leading edge firms really focus on how sharp a candidate is, what they bring to the table, what education and training they have had and most importantly are they hardworking and honest. Behavior based interviewing does not of that. It's called completing the Star, which is situation, task, activity and result. Make sure you complete the star and the interviewer is happy, and so is the organization which cannot judge talent, which Eaton cannot. During the interview, all three sets of two people who interviewed me at three different times each commented that they were worried about what the quarterly earnings would be, because if the earnings are bad, pay raises, promotions and open requisitions are all delayed or removed. One interviewer made this comment twice with her colleague. Each interviewer asked how you would deal with working with a large global team, when you see this question as what it is, the interviewer at Eaton is asking you this question "How will you deal with the large contingency of IT jobs that Eaton has outsourced to India?" Eaton has thousands upon thousands of jobs that they removed from the US and relocated to India. Many key positions that are US based are college interns, acting under the guise of "Leadership Development Programs". This place is trouble to anyone with any sense of technology background or hope of future training. Two people stated in the interview that working at Eaton for a year was like working for seven at another company, because the work demand is that high. I learned all of this in less than four hours, so no, I won't be working there.

Interview Questions

• As the leader of the group of managers I interviewed with stated, "Eaton doesn't really value IT, this is a manufacturing company, so investment in IT is seen as overhead, not strategic, how would you deal with this environment?"   1 Answer

Senior Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Eaton (Little Rock, AR) in January 2017.

Interview

Initial interview was by telephone from an Eaton representative out of Cleveland, OH. Interview process was straightforward and the representative was professional. The questions were about problem-solving in an independent and team environment. The interview was based on experiences versus theoretical situations. The interviewer was familiar with Eaton corporate culture and statuses. But understandably, deferred technical questions about the position to a future second interviewer

Interview Questions

• The interviewer asked how a problem was solved in a team environment and how difficulties were overcome.   1 Answer