Eddie Bauer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Eddie Bauer Interview Questions

Updated Nov 16, 2017

2.5

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Eddie Bauer.

Interview

First two interviews were pretty standard with typical questions regarding the role. First call with HR, then with the hiring manager. No tricky behavioral questions.

The in person was where everything broke down.

First of all, my qualifications and experience matched this role perfectly. To be brief, I have extensive experience in managing loyalty programs and producing results as well as a love for the outdoors. I spent a good amount of time studying for this interview, because I have a passion for the vertical and I knew that I could make a significant impact in the role. My preparation included not only understanding Eddie Bauer overall and the needs of the position, but also breaking down the program based on customer experience, creating a plan based on four areas the program needed improvement immediately and next steps. Basically, I did my homework, I proved my skills and showed my interest in the program, Eddie Bauer and the outdoors. Obviously, this was not enough.

The first two interviews with the hiring manager and the email manager went well and based off of that, I would have told you that I go the job. The hiring manager was very nice and I believe that we had a great conversation. I answered all of his questions and made him aware of my opinion and ideas in regards to the needs he laid out.

My next interview with the analytics/digital person (I will refer to him as) was very unfriendly and abrasive. He was extremely concerned with results of my experience and seemed skeptical from the beginning of the interview, which made nervous and standoffish. I provided him what he asked for, but unfortunately was only a piece of the overall picture that was my experience in the areas he was asking for. Basically, he was on one topic then off it before I could elaborate and provide even more examples. He made his decision before he got into the room and was not happy that my experience came from managing a loyalty program that was transactionally based.

The final interview was with the a VP where I didn't get much of a chance to talk. While there were some conversation points and I was able to share a little of my vision, it was interrupted regularly. While I agree with the majority of things he had to say and noted them in my homework concerning the program, what they don't understand is that the program needs to be corrected in some critical areas before you move forward with the initiatives they have in mind. I could see that he had a great deal of influence over everyone that interviewed me, especially the analytics/digital guy, because almost all of them where trying to get to the same point he was.

I was on the same page with all of their needs, but for some reason, I was rejected (I'm sure it had something to do with the last two in-person interviewers of the day). I have a passion for the vertical, loyalty work and had the experience they were looking for. Maybe it was for the best. They seemed very robotic and did not smile. I felt the passion for the brand, but not the outdoors, which is critical. Also, one of the interviewers, had some issues with how things functioned internally and shared that with me to a great extent. Looking back, I'm sort of glad I was rejected, because I'm not sure it was a truly great place for me, but I am still bummed, because of my love for the outdoors and the connection I made with the brand through studying for the interview. Too bad for them, I believe they made the wrong decision.

While it wasn't a totally bad experience, there were some notable items that depressed me about the process. Namely, the last two interviewers, the overall attitude and the long final decision. Especially, when they reposted the job a week before they let me know the decision, which added to my frustration. There is some potential there, but I think that there are some internal struggles and a lack of people who are close to the outdoors that is holding them back.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Eddie Bauer (Seattle, WA) in October 2017.

Interview

Two phone screens - first one with the recruiter and the second one with the hiring manager. First phone screen was pretty basic. Second phone screen was an hour long interview with nothing but situational questions. Three weeks later and I still have not heard back, despite sending an email to the recruiter. Was excited about the opportunity but am not just disappointed with the lack of follow-up.

Store Co-Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Annapolis, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Eddie Bauer (Annapolis, MD) in September 2017.

Interview

About an hour long. Why Eddie Bauer, difficult customer and how you handled it, how do you sell. Do not overdress> Visit the store and see what the staff is wearing, then go one step up.

Sales Guide Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Eddie Bauer.

Interview

Informal - It was conducted during business hours while the hiring manager was working the sales floor. We discussed my sales history, some typical encounters one will have while working retail, and we discussed the company. The big thing that was stressed to me repeatedly was satisfaction. They asked a lot about how you would interact with someone while you also had a lot of floor setting to do, and how you would make a situation right if a problem arose.

Interview Questions

• What would you say to someone who responds to a greeting with "Oh I'm just looking"?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Eddie Bauer (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied on indeed got a call the next day. Hired on spot easy interview. he asked a couple of questions then offered me the position...............................................……:…

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Eddie Bauer (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

Dropped my résumé off. Got a call a few days later asking if I could come in for an interview, scheduled an interview for the next week. Came in and interview was relatively painless. During interview, hiring manager asked if we could do some back and forth on the sales floor, just to see how I would do in a hypothetical situation.

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

Really easy. Build an outfit. Tell how and why you love the company. They'll ask about how adventurous and fun you are. You'll just have to come up with stuff you do thats fun and outgoing.

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Eddie Bauer (Charleston, SC).

Interview

easy and no pressure, the manager a bit intense i was just applying for a sale associate and was already an assistant at another store and he wanted to know so much

Interview Questions

• how do you approach a customer   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tinton Falls, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Eddie Bauer (Tinton Falls, NJ).

Interview

Very proffessional, you will meet with a store manager where they will vet(background check refrences etc) you before meeting with the district manager. The DM then walks you through the postition and what is expected of you. In my personal experiance we did some hands on role play selling their product. Wish i was a little more prepared when it came to their current line. Awaiting to hear back, if i dont get it would apply again. 8/10

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Eddie Bauer (New York, NY).

Interview

Patience is key! The process can be a little long. You will be asked to Role Play on the sales floor. Don't forget to add on gear and accessories. A lot of talk surrounding how I would handle certain situations.