Eid Passport Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Eid Passport Interview Questions

2.7

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Eid Passport.

Interview

Standard interview questions, met with two different leadership members of the travel team, was able to ask questions about the position and hear about the company and culture. Some basic questions about computer software skills and if I had experience with expense reports. Detailed description of working with military contracts. Several questions to gauge how realistic my expectations were as far as travel.

Interview Questions

• What are your three core values as it relates to the workplace?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Eid Passport (Hillsboro, OR) in July 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by two people asking standard customer service questions. Interview is not too long so don't make your answers too long. There was no follow up interview, one and done. Make sure to be there on time because the people interviewing were very punctual and did not make me wait.

Interview Questions

• When would you be available to start if we choose to move forward with you?   Answer Question

Customer Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Eid Passport (Hillsboro, OR) in April 2015.

Interview

Pretty straight forward. Submitted my resume on-line. got a call back within a week to set up an in person interview. Met with the manager and the director. behavioral interview questions mostly with a few follow up questions. Arrived a few minutes early but with the sign in and security piece was just "on time". Overall, very professional interview process, but not intimidating. Bonus points for having the company recruiter contact me back by the end of the week to let me know i had not been selected. A nice courtesy that is rare from most employers i've interviewed with lately.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you gave excellent customer service.   Answer Question

Software QA Engineer, Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Eid Passport (Hillsboro, OR) in April 2015.

Interview

The building is locked and access is controlled via the products EID is selling. On arrival, you need to contact the guard through the intercom. On entry, you surrender your identification such as your drivers license. The guard will ask if you're a US citizen. If you're not, you would never have been called but I guess they want to make doubly sure you're a US citizen. I presume they can use the opportunity to do a background check while you're being interviewed. In return you are handed a badge to wear. The manager came down in a bit and we went to a conference room. Had a short interview with the same questions
    Two members of the QA team then came and dove straight into the interview which lasted about 40 minutes. At the end you only had 5 minutes to ask any questions.
    After the interview, the QA team left and I sat alone in the conference room for 5 minutes. Then another gentlemen walked in and announced the interview was over and escorted me back to the guard station and I left.
    Overall a disappointing experience. It would have been really nice to chat with the manager some more and also to be given more time to ask questions and sell yourself.

Interview Questions

• Though they were hiring for a Senior position, the questions were mostly the type you would ask a junior QA engineer. Questions about definition of terms such as integration testing, functional testing, unit testing and the usual silly one about how you would test a pen. As I said, junior level questions. Nothing about situational scenarios, interacting with Program Managers, testing metrics, situational issues etc. They also quickly made up their mind that I was a hardware engineer even though I am not and clearly stated that in my resume and during the interview. I don't have an Electrical Engineering degree and don't have that kind of knowledge. Very disappointed in the fact that I did not get to spend any length of time with the hiring manager. Instead was quickly whisked out of the building by another person who was not involved in the interview.   Answer Question

Senior User Experience/UI Designer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Eid Passport.

Interview

Through a recruiter's posting for the position I applied for the position. A week and a half later the company contacted me to schedule a screening call. Before the call, they shared information to help me better understand their products and the technology space that they occupy - basically a list of terms that I could Google. They also shared that they follow a Behavioral Interview foundation for interviewing. Therefore, they wanted to learn about What you have done as relative to the position you are applying for and How you have done things.

The phone interview was straight-forward and the interviewer was pleasant. I got the sense that the company is very new to user-centered design and may not currently have the managerial and company infrastructure in place to allow for the successful implementation of user-centered methodologies early in the design process (i.e., may not have user-centered design elements integrated into the existing design process like defining intentions, defining user-centered design requirements, performing task analyses and function allocation, etc...). Instead they seemed most interested in a UX/UI designer to provide the "voice of the user" as another team member on the development team. Likely some good opportunities here to help develop, carve out, and forge a stronger voice for user-centered design and helping define strategic vision for UX/UI.

Interview Questions

• How do you present your design ideas to the development team?   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation in which your input was not considered and what you did in response?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Eid Passport (Hillsboro, OR) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview process was awesome - the best I've ever had, and I've had a few.

The active developer team (not project/IT managers!) performed the actual interview in several small sessions - just me, and two interviewers at a time - in small think rooms. I felt like I was a peer being rated by peers; not a "newbie".

Each part focused on a different "skill" such as design / problem solving, practical coding, and working with QA / testing / scrum. There was a lot of allocated time (up to 3 hours I was told) but I only used about half of the time, and that was after asking numerous questions - all of the time actually used was used effectively.

All parts of the interview were also a test to determine if you (the applicant) would be a good member of the team and questions were actively encouraged by each interview pair. All the personal involved with the process were courteous and just plain FUN to deal with.

The interview (phone and then follow-up in person) was also done quickly right before Thanksgiving, which I can only credit to my recruiter team.

Interview Questions

• There were a few obscure technical details that came up (for which bonus points were defiantly awarded) but there were no "difficult" questions for someone who knows how to code and follows good practices. There were no unexpected questions.   1 Answer

This was the second offer I had and I simply could not justify the commute difference - the team would be awesome to work with, but I live on the wrong side of traffic from Hillsboro.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Eid Passport.

Interview

Applied through a recruiter. Contacted one week later by Software Engineer at Eid. Phone screen was pleasant but completely non-technical. Was Invited to an on-site interview one week later.

Interview was 5 five hours long. Standard shot-gun style team after team interview. Most of the folks were kind and professional but some were clearly there to intimidate and ask ridiculous questions.

Be prepared to be handed a laptop and solve problems on a big screen in front of the group. This is a horrible way to interview developers, sad that this still happens.

Had lunch with the Manager of the group afterwards, though he continued to drill me on my skill set. The group had decided that I was not a good fit already so it seems kind of pointless to take a candidate out to lunch and continue to drill them when they have already been weeded out.

Eid seems to be a fair place to work but the rapid growth has caused a lot of Engineering headaches as new tech is introduced to a lot of legacy applications. They are looking for a silver bullet developer to come in and fix everything. I wish them best of luck with that.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between Symmetric vs. Asymmetric Encryption?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Eid Passport (Hillsboro, OR) in July 2014.

Interview

Staffing agency set up interview; met with hiring manager and briefly went over job description in more detail before asking questions about my background and technical skills (basically, "can you use Microsoft Office products and to what proficiency," as well as a question about what my WPM average is)

Customer Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Eid Passport (Portland, OR) in June 2014.

Interview

I applied through company website and they contacted me for an in person interview within a week.

The interview was done by two leads for the department. One asked a majority of the questions while the other typed. They made sure I understood that this was a high volume call center position. They were nice, but the questions were all read from a list and very little deviation from the list of questions. It appeared that they were on a strict time schedule for more interviews. The questions were not too hard, basic customer service questions. I was offered a job the same day after the interview.

Basic questions:
    What motivates you?
    How many words per minute can you type?
    What is your knowledge of Excel?
    How do you deal with repetitive tasks?
    Why should we hire you?
    Tell me a time you dealt with an angry customer?

Interview Questions

• What are three things that make a successful call center?   Answer Question

I did not like the idea of a call center atmosphere

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Eid Passport (Washington, DC) in March 2013.

Interview

Pretty straight forward. Get called from a temp agency. Fill out a bunch of paperwork. You basically got the job if you past the background check. They ask like 5 questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation