El Pollo Loco Interview Questions | Glassdoor

El Pollo Loco Interview Questions

Updated Jul 9, 2017

1.9

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at El Pollo Loco.

Interview

Applied online about 5 days prior to receiving a phone call from the hiring manager to schedule an interview. Was interviewed by the general manager, she asked very easy customer service questions and about my availability.

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburg, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at El Pollo Loco (Pittsburg, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

There was not really an online application since I applied to a franchise so I applied in store. I met one of the assistant managers and they asked me to come in for an interview the next day and if I spoke spanish. I had to do two interviews, one with the assistant manager and one with the ambassador. After my last interview, they called me within a day to come in for orientation.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you made someone happy?   1 Answer

General Manager El Pollo Loco Interview

Anonymous Employee in Allen, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at El Pollo Loco (Allen, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

Easy going and Friendly. Interviewed with the Area Manager. He was very nice and informative. Rather than ask the typical interview questions, he wanted to know more about me and my background. How I dealt with bad employees, bad customers, etc.

Interview Questions

• What would make you a good fit for the company over other applicants?   1 Answer

Prep Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hesperia, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at El Pollo Loco (Hesperia, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

there was none. they just hired me the same day. they kept saying that everyone quits now I see why. it's the worst job ever, I've worked fast paced. but never bin over slaved like this.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at El Pollo Loco in October 2016.

Interview

Interview process was fast because the interviewer needed to go back to work since the place is too busy to even breathe. Was asked about my availability, why I want to work there, and how I'd be a good employee working there.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ella, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at El Pollo Loco (Ella, TX).

Interview

The interview went great the gut that did my interview was from California he was on point with all his question. It was a different type of working environment for me to work in but I get use it being there and I get to learn about all the different food that they have to prepare.

Interview Questions

• Why I want to work for Pollo loco?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Alhambra, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at El Pollo Loco (Alhambra, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

I came in for the interview and met with the assistant manager. She asked me some basic questions and then told me to wait as the general manager would come out soon to finish off the interview. When he came out he asked some more questions, told me he would be right back and proceeded to wait for 20 minutes until he came back. He then gave me a food handlers paper and told me to complete it by the next day and come back the following day to finish paperwork. The whole thing took less than an hour.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at El Pollo Loco.

Interview

It was fast and it was like your typical interviews. They just want to know how you are and how you can work. The process was fast and it's a fast food job so interviews for these jobs are easy.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at El Pollo Loco (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

The interviewer was nice, there were basic questions about myself and familiarity with food service and customer service. They explained the importance of an excellent guest experience. The importance of upselling, and asked how comfortable i am with that. I came back the next day to fill out paperwork and i was offered the job. It was an overall easy process.

Corporate/Management Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at El Pollo Loco.

Interview

An outside recruiter contacted me regarding an opportunity and mentioned they were having a hard time to fill the position as they were unable to find someone with a particular (rare) set of skills (which I possess). After our conversation, he had set-up a phone interview with the company contact. After my phone Interview with the HR manager, she had invited invited me into the corporate office. At 5:20 pm the evening before my 2nd in person interview, I get a call from the recruiter (not the direct company contact) informing me the interview was canceled as they had made an offer to another individual who had applied a while back and "decided" to accept the position. I am glad this happened as this is not a professional way of handling the candidate's experience and it speaks volumes of how they would end up treating their team members. I am thankful I did not get into this type of company that does not consider people's time and preparation they had spent before the interview.