Electroimpact Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

Sort:

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mukilteo, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Electroimpact (Mukilteo, WA) in January 2015.

Interview

They interview took 6+ hours. You find the right building, they have many, and meet up with one of their Electrical Engineer employees. They will run though a tour of some of their buildings and then they ask you what seems like every question in the book about your education. They hand you off several times and ask varying sets of questions. They had a soldering test and there was an expectation for independence, finding buildings, people, and even tools for the job.

Interview Questions

• Circuits questions, components and their use, power transmission, house wiring.   1 Answer

Controls Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mukilteo, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Electroimpact (Mukilteo, WA) in March 2013.

Interview

IT was very straightforward. I talked to 4 different engineers who had been around for a while, and they just asked me very superficial questions based on my resume to get a feeling for me as a person. Then I answered some technical questions pertaining to forward/reverse kinematics matrices, and that was it! The president was out of town, so I didn't do an interview with him, but typically he speaks to all candidates.

Interview Questions

• Explain the components of a kinematic matrix and what each one does.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Mukilteo, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Electroimpact (Mukilteo, WA) in February 2013.

Interview

You go to the front desk on the 3rd floor. They will send you to one of the project managers or Peter. Peter might kick of his shoes, or change his shirt in front of you. Or you might get lucky and join him and his family at Chucky E Cheese's (true story, this happened once) The project managers will ask about your work experience, what kind of hobbies and projects you've done. Then there's a whiteboard test. You'll work through some engineering problems.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had a problem with a part and how did you fix it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Don't expect to get very far.

Anonymous Employee in Mukilteo, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Electroimpact (Mukilteo, WA) in March 2012.

Interview

Online test with very esoteric questions. Typical grades are in the 60 / 90 range. Conducted online with a 1 hour time limit. Personal interviews with several PM's which was very unorganized (passed along as one was available). Finally, an interview with the President. He's basically already made his decision before you get there. Some horror stories about the interview with the President are always passed around.

Interview Questions

• Technical Test questions, typical questions of prior work experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiations are not effective.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mukilteo, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Electroimpact (Mukilteo, WA) in June 2014.

Interview

Its a very casual process. They pass you around to 3 or 4 senior-level engineers, and talk to the CEO Peter as well. They show you around, the quiz you a little, and ask you about your experience and go over your resume.

Interview Questions

• They will have test questions, but they are not that difficult. They really want to know what kind of projects and things you work on in your spare time. Also, are you willing to travel? How long do you plan on working there? Tell them about a problem you solved?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Electroimpact.

Interview

Sent email with requested information and resume then was asked to take a engineering test. After scoring okay on the test I received a call from the president/owner, it was a brief call and he told me to come in for an interview.

There was no scheduled day or time for the interview, just to show up between 9am and 11am. I was also told no suit or tie, perfect!

At the company I met with 4-5 engineers throughout the day. One of them gave me a white board test, which covered basic engineering principles. The last stop for the day was a conversation with the president/owner for about 10 minutes in which he told me to expect an offer.

After receiving the offer I counter offered and it took over a month for the owner to get back to me. I then responded to his email and after a couple of months I never heard from them again.

Interview Questions

Technically I didn't decline, the owner just stopped responding to emails regarding a counteroffer. I'm glad I found out how he is before accepting an offer with the company.

Anonymous Employee in Mukilteo, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Electroimpact (Mukilteo, WA) in April 2012.

Interview

I applied online by sending a cover letter and resume to EI. They responded a few days later asking me to take the mandatory online aptitude test (mech. engr. related). I scored mid-sixties and they called me for an interview. Interviews aren't scheduled at a certain time, I was told to "just show up around 9am" and they would find someone to interview me. I got a tour and interviewed with three of EI's senior engineers and took an on-the-spot white board test with another, then went to lunch with the president. After lunch he verbally said I was hired and I received an email later that day with an official offer.

Interview Questions

• The only difficult part of the interview was the white board test, the rest of the interview was really just a tour of the facilities and being told about EI's different teams.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Mukilteo, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Electroimpact (Mukilteo, WA) in October 2012.

Interview

You walk around with some of the older project managers, and also Peter, the CEO. Be prepared for Peter to be a bit unorthodox. They are mainly trying to get a feel if they like you and if you are a competent worker, especially if you are willing to do hands on work and travel overseas to assemble machines. They may also review or ask you to work out questions from the online test.

Interview Questions

• They asked what kind of the hands-on work I had done in the past.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Everett, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Electroimpact (Everett, WA) in November 2015.

Interview

Very laid back all day process. I arrived at 9:30 and didnt leave until 3. I was gien a tour and talked with a few engineers. The President took me to lunch.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Electroimpact (Seattle, WA) in January 2016.

Interview

The only way I describe the interview is...bizarre. I recently graduated with an MS degree with an emphasis in controls/robotics, which is part of the ME dept at the university I graduated. I applied here for Mechanical Engineer, I get a call from the CEO (the stories about him are true) and he says not to worry about taking the test because I took it years ago and did just fine. I vaguely remember applying here when I was a graduating undergrad. He also tells me they don't schedule interviews until the person shows up in person. Who does that? Electroimpact that's who.

When I arrived, it turns into about a 45 minute wait until I speak to someone. Over the course of the day, I spoke with several people who seemed pretty interested. They gave me some basic questions and one guy says I might be better suited as a controls engineer. I think to myself great. The next day I received an email from Peter Zieve and it's a controls test. I spend a couple of days studying things like system type, how to model system dynamics, state space formulations. When I open up the test it has nothing to do with control theory I learned in school. The first ten questions are about binary and there are some other miscellaneous questions.The only fair questions seemed to be ones related to kinematic chains at the end. Needless to say I did not get the job as I was totally blindsided by the test. Also, the CEO took me to lunch and ended taking a bite out of my sandwich and handing it back to me. Unfortunately, I can believe the other stories listed on here as the place being biased against minorities and women if only due to the fact of the Donald Trump for president sign hanging on one of the staircases when I got there.

Interview Questions

• some basic strengths of materials question and what did PID stand for.   Answer Question