Elmcroft Senior Living Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Elmcroft Senior Living

2.0

Nursing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Radcliff, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Elmcroft Senior Living (Radcliff, KY) in April 2015.

Interview

They called me after applying online for an interview. When I got there they wanted me to fill out a paper application as a part of the process. I have serious problems with the tone of the application. Specifically the application demanded that I sign two lines in particular. The first days "I understand that emergency conditions may require me to temporarily work shifts other than those for which I am applying and agree to such scheduling changes as directed by my supervisor or Elmcroft management." Mind you that this one is written in all caps. So I don't know how they define an emergency, and to me it means that scheduling will be ad hoc. I've been working as a nursing assistant for three and a half years now, and I know there is an industry-wide shortage, and that this becomes stressful for leadership. I do not want to work for a company that gives itself the right to define an emergency when there is merely staff shortage.

The next line gives my interpretation more weight. It demands that I sign agreement to "work schedules are based upon the needs of the business and may be subject to change on a weekly basis." I once had a job like this. It was when I worked in retail. The problem wasn't my availability, but the lack of any guarantee of consistent scheduling. In fact I would be signing away my right to consistent schedule.

I didn't get any further in the application and asked to see the interviewer. She was friendly and mild mannered. I pointed out my issue and she tried to explain how they actually do things which isn't as bad as the application sounds. Still I worried that this was a corporate mindset that might come out when management changes hands.

I had to part ways however when she saw how much I was asking for. I currently work for Trilogy and didn't want to take a substantial pay cut just to work closer to home. They start pay at $9/hr and add $0.20/hr for each year of experience, up to five years I think. This is not competitive.

Interview Questions

• I didn't really get to ask any questions, I was more asking her questions. You just need to know what you're worth.   Answer Question

We just could agree on pay. There is really no negotiation here. I'm sure pay is locked in by corporate. I would suggest that nursing aides look elsewhere and don't be afraid of a long commute to find a company that will pay competitively. This is difficult work in so many ways. Generally I've found that the pay offered represents the degree by which a company values its employees. I would hate to work for a company that didn't value my work.

Executive Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northwest, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Elmcroft Senior Living (Northwest, OH).

Interview

The interview began in one month with contact and then a phone interview. Within 10 days I met with the team of 7-10 for an in person interview. Then communication stopped......nothing for weeks unless I made the effort. References were contacted after I offered them. Weeks passed and nothing------nearly 2 months later I received the Dear John email of course when I was away out of state on Vacation-----which was previously communicated.

Interview Questions

• typical interview questions related to assisted living   1 Answer

Human Resources Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Elmcroft Senior Living (Louisville, KY) in December 2014.

Interview

Very fast and informative process. They were anxious to get the position filled so was able to meet with hiring manager and upper management within a few days, and with fast turnaround for results. Probably one of the fastest processes I have been through.

Interview Questions

• What was my background in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and Word?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Elmcroft Senior Living (Portland, OR) in November 2017.

Interview

Multiple people and departments, two rounds of interviews, clear and comfortable negotiation when offer was provided. There are excellent leaders here who respect each other and applicant's time and needs. I was very impressed.

Interview Questions

• Future outlook, experience level and how prepared I was to answer job-related questions - "what-if's" and "what would you do?"   1 Answer

Dietary Aide Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Elmcroft Senior Living (Portland, OR).

Interview

I submitted my application and resume online. I was called the next day, and asked to come in for an interview. I was told I would be hired as soon as I walked into the interview.

Interview Questions

• I was asked briefly about my related experience and then we discussed my availability.   1 Answer

Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Medina, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Elmcroft Senior Living (Medina, OH) in September 2013.

Interview

The hiring processes it very easy. In the interview they mainly asked you about the experience you had in the area you applied for, and why you wanted to work there.

Interview Questions

• Do think you can handle this job   1 Answer

Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shippensburg, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Elmcroft Senior Living (Shippensburg, PA) in November 2011.

Interview

The interview process took several weeks. First interview, then an assessment test about a week later, then a second interview, then waiting for clearances for another week, then a final "meet the job" interview. This is when your department director gets to meet you and approve/disapprove, and if they approve you get the walk through. All together it takes 3-4 weeks to start.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose Elmcroft as a career choice?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They informed me of the starting pay and (lied) about pay raises. Benefits are available but very expensive deducted from what is already a small paycheck.

Resident Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montgomery, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Elmcroft Senior Living (Montgomery, AL) in June 2015.

Interview

I brought in my resume and spoke directly with the Director of Nursing about their open positions and she interviewed me on the spot. She followed up with a phone call to set up drug screening. I received another phone call offering me the position 3 days later.

Interview Questions

• Which hours are you available to work?   1 Answer

Resident Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brownstown Township, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Elmcroft Senior Living (Brownstown Township, MI) in June 2013.

Interview

This location runs open interviews every Tuesday which you have to attend to get a one on one interview. I went to one on May 20 and got called June 21 to come back for a one on one so I did have to wait a little while. Friendly interviewer, pretty easy questions for the most part. Was offered contingent position with opportunity of full time when it becomes available.

Interview Questions

• What do you understand the primary function of this position to be?   Answer Question

CNA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maumelle, AR

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Elmcroft Senior Living (Maumelle, AR) in June 2016.

Interview

I was offered the job on the spot without an interview. They just had me come in and fill out paperwork. It was unlike any interview I have ever had. They didn't ask about my experience or anything.