Emory University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 15, 2017

2.4

Respiratory Therapist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Emory University (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Dr. Plummer interviewed me. He drew an L shape and labeled both sides with numbers and symbols and asked me what that meant. After much thought I said I don't know. He said "GOOD ANSWER". It's better not to know than know something wrong. Good choice!

Research Specialist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Emory University.

Interview

The interview lasted an hour and consisted of a brief overview of the type of testing performed and tour of the lab. No questions were asked other than "Do you have any questions for us?"

Financial Aid Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I interviewed at Emory University (Atlanta, GA) in June 2017.

Interview

Their interview process is one of the best I've ever engaged in! I interviewed on a Thursday and in two weeks a decision was made. Both panel interviews went exceptionally well and all parties involved were pleasant. Word of advice...if you're pursuing an advanced degree (PHD/Ed.D) and the job you're applying for doesn't require it, don't say anything about it and remove it from your resume. Even if you're a great candidate, you won't be considered an asset but more so a liability and a waste of OJT (on the job training). Don't allow your academic endeavors to become a place of contention for future employers; oxymoronic isn't it...

Financial Aid Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Emory University (Atlanta, GA) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied for the Financial Aid Advisor position at Emory University (Atlanta, GA) May 2017. Then called for an Interview in mid-June 2017.

Their interview process is one of the best interviews that I have ever experienced. I was never and it was pouring down rain. It was a 2 hour interview process with 2 different committees. I felt that they were impressed with me and made sure to explain how I truly know Financial Aid. I was myself and made sure to look at each person on the committee. You never know who is the deciding factor for the position.

Interview Questions

• If you had a weekend to yourself (no family, kids, obligations), what would you do?   Answer Question
    • If you had a week to yourself (no family, kids, obligations), what would you do?   Answer Question

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Emory University (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I took a very long time to hear anything, I waited months and emailed to get updates but the process was still stressful. The background check took the longest and there was no negotiation of salary on my level.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Emory University.

Interview

Simple and friendly, asked career goals and personal experience. The employer spent a lot of time explaining the job responsibilities and the organization. At the every end, they offered the job.

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Emory University in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online through Emory's website. After my application was under review, it took a week to have a phone interview, and the next week was my in person interview. The interview process began with a phone interview and then an in person interview. I was notified about the decision two weeks after my in person interview.

Interview Questions

• What skills can you bring to the clinical research team?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Emory University in January 2017.

Interview

1 - 3 hour interview with 6 different people. Applied online, 1.5 weeks later had an informal phone interview to determine if an in person interview was needed. Had an in person interview two weeks later, and less than a week after interview was offered the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Emory University (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I had two interviews. One was with the marketing director and the next with the marketing team the following week. Process was average. They wanted to get a feel for my personality and skill set.

Senior Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Emory University in October 2016.

Interview

I was emailed to set up a telephone interview. There was a committee of people on the phone call. It would have been helpful to know who was on the committee prior to the call. Then the finalists had a campus interview.

Interview Questions

• Questions were all related to content in the job description.   Answer Question