Epocrates Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Epocrates Interview Questions

Content Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Epocrates (Princeton, NJ) in March 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who sent over my resume and quickly schedule an interview within a day or two. The interview was quite easy and simple, I was interviewed by three different people each lasting 30 - 45 minutes. They went over a some of my skills and experience, and tried to get more information on me. I was given a technical test which was fairly simple for anyone who knows how to code for the web.

Interview Questions

• Has there been a time when you had to manage multiple projects at once? If so how did you manage them?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Epocrates (San Mateo, CA).

Interview

It started off with a coding homework that will be emailed by their HR Coordinator - no time limit. Next was a phone interview with HR. Then a face-to-face series of interviews (one BUY, one SELL, two live coding tests) that lasted half a day at their San Mateo office.

Interview Questions

• Folding numbers coding test - given a set of numbers, how will they be arranged on a stack if the set of numbers is folded in half to the left or the right.

Example: 1 2 3 4
      Folded from the left, the arrangement will now be
      2 1 (top)
      3 4 (bottom)

Folded from the right, the arrangement would have been
      4 3 (top)

Step 2:
      1 Answer

Medical Informatics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Epocrates (San Mateo, CA).

Interview

The entire process took several months. The company seems very disorganized, as a lot of things had to be re-scheduled. I wish the company would just tell me yes/no right away, but instead, I felt like I was being strung along as they were reviewing more candidates. I had to interview with many people who had no idea what my position even does, so they tend to ask me questions that seemed to be from left-field, or worse, questions from their own departments that were irrelevant. The panel of interviewers were all pretty negative about the outlook of the company, so I guess I am glad I eventually gave up on the position.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I interviewed at Epocrates (San Mateo, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

A coding challenge was emailed and if successfully completed at a quality up to their standard, an on-site interview was given. The original coding challenge was supposed to be a 30 minute school campus technical interview but due to limited staffing coding challenges were sent to freshmen and sophomores instead.

Interview Questions

• Given a word (does not have to be an actual word, just a string of capital letters), return the alphabetical rank of that word out of all possible combinations of the given set of letters.   2 Answers

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Epocrates (San Mateo, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

Initially contacted by HR rep to verify resume details over the phone.
    Follow up Skype interview with Engineering Manager.
    Scheduled onsite interview in San Mateo. Had to purchase tickets but would be reimbursed. Company booked a hotel nearby. Interview was 4x 1.5hr (6 hr total) interviews, 2 coding and 2 traditional.

Interview Questions

• Paper folding coding test in any language, fold a paper with N sections either right or left
      Juggling balls coding test in any language, given pattern (5,3,1) determine if juggle able.
      1 Answer

Regional Vice President Interview

Application

Interview

The interview process is really easy. As long as you sell yourself and dont get flustered by the barrage of irrelevant questions you will be fine. The interviewer is easy to control its working with him is the difficult thing

Interview Questions

Negotiation

A few days but that person is gone so there is room.

Physician Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epocrates (San Mateo, CA).

Interview

Meet first with VP of Medical Information, Director of Medication Information (VP's right-hand woman), and head of PharmDs via multiple on-site and phone-call interviews.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much negotiations. The team is pretty tight in terms of salary. Took a huge pay cut to leave clinical practice.

Accounting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ewing, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Epocrates (Ewing, NJ) in December 2012.

Interview

No recruiters. Phone screen from HR to determine proper fit. Follow up interview with director of finance in person. Very nice guy and direct with answers, ie not misleading. Second unannounced sit down during same visit with director of financial reporting. She was nice but seemed a little too overbearing for areas that were not under her control. Could lead to blurred job responsibilities in the long run.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to get out of this job over the next 3 years?   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ewing, NJ

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Epocrates (Ewing, NJ) in February 2012.

Interview

While the process was long, with at least 5 phone interviews, and then a day of interviews (6 interviews), my impression was consistently positive. My phone interviews were like pleasant conversations, rather than intimidating. Most of the interviews were fit and behavioral, one of my interviews additionally contained some problem-solving. My advice to other interview candidates is to be friendly. Like any other interview, do your research on the company and the industry (however, I was not asked anything specifically in either area - just the general "Why Epocrates?", "Why healthcare?"...my understanding is that in the California office, they might ask "Why technology?" because the California office thinks of itself more as being in the technology industry, while the focus in NJ is healthcare. Hope this information helps!

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about your experience in the healthcare industry? (and another question about interest in the healthcare industry)   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Epocrates (San Mateo, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

Phone interview highlighting experience an contacts, second interview face to face. Fast process was good.

Interview Questions

• Can you meet this number (you must undersand Epocrates before you answer)   Answer Question

Negotiation

Casual and not much back and forth.