Everbridge Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Sales Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

Interview

Quick call with recruiter and in person meetings with two VPs. Nothing out of the ordinary not extremely stressfull. One on on meetings with typical interview questions. Standard interview questions and interaction.

Interview Questions

• Overall, quick straightforward process.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Everbridge (Burlington, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

Step:1 -> Telephonic Interview from Recruiter.
    Step:2 -> Phone screening with one of the Engineering Manager
    Step:3 -> 1:1 telephonic technical screening interview with Software Architect/ Principle Engineer )

Step:4 -> Onsite Interview (5 Rounds)
          Round-1 : Behavioral interview - focuing on indepth
          Round-2 : Technical Interview with Software Architect
          Round-3 : Sr. Software Engineer
          Round-4 : Principle Software Engineer
          Round-5 : Director of Engineering

Interview Questions

• - Technical Ice-breaker questions like :
           String reversal,
           Palindrome check,
           Fibonacci series generation,
           Problem solving using Recursion,
           Design pattern : Singleton-pattern, Factory-pattern, Visitor-pattern.   Answer Question
    • - Fundamental Technical questions on Software Engineering, Programing Skills, Java(8), MongoDB, SQL   Answer Question
    • - Data structure, Collection and scenario based questions on usage of java-collection api, in-depth discussion for internal implementation of HashMap   Answer Question
    • - Knowledge-base Questions on Spring framework :
         Dependency Injection , SpringMVC, SpringBatch, Spring-Integration discussion   Answer Question
    • - Technical case-study discussion on Scalability and Performance   Answer Question

IT Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Everbridge in October 2017.

Interview

I applied on-line and received an email within a day or two from an internal recruiter. We were able to setup a date & time for a 30-minute phone screening and all seemed well. During the phone screening it seemed like the HR recruiter was too busy to talk to me, almost immediately after we greeted each other he indicated that he's seen my resume and is impressed, named a few things, asked me a few questions, and then asked me if I wouldn't mind holding because he has to take an important call. After about five minutes of being on hold the recruiter returned, gave a courtesy apology, and told me he was impressed with my background and would like to move forward by getting my resume to the hiring manager and arranging a phone screening with him and then, hopefully, an in-person interview. Prior to moving forward, I asked some very basic questions related to the company history and the top three to five "must-have" items the hiring manager was looking for. The recruiter let me know that I had great questions, but stated that the hiring manager was the only person that could answer my questions so he wanted to move forward. The recruiter proceeded to ask me what my current salary is and I responded by emphasizing the fit within the team as the highest priority. After the recruiter pressed me I responded with the salary range I was looking for. The recruiter sounded displeased and identified that there was no way the company could pay me that much and that I would have to lower my range since the company already pays really good. I let the recruiter know that I have done my research and my range is reasonable, based on Glassdoor and similar sites, and that I understand if the salary is out of range for the company. The recruiter insisted on sending my resume to the hiring manager and having the phone screening before moving forward with salary discussions, to which I agreed. The recruiter identified that he was very busy and would prefer me to email my questions so that he could provide a proper answer. The total phone call lasted 15 minutes, which was odd. After the phone call, I emailed my questions and after two days I received a response. After a week I received a random email from the recruiter asking to connect, to which I agreed. We scheduled another phone screening, but the recruiter never showed up. After another email, another phone screen was scheduled for the following day. On the day of the last phone screening the recruiter identified that he was not able to identify the time the phone screening was scheduled for. At this point, I responded by thanking the recruiter for the time since it appeared he was too busy and should be focusing on whatever he is working on. Ultimately, my experience was quite poor and I am disappointed. The company does sound like a great place that may be going through some growing pains. I am disappointed that the recruiter seemed so careless and was unable to answer basic questions about the company and the job he was recruiting for. This experience gave me a negative impression about the company and validates the reviews on Glassdoor. Since this is my only experience with the company, this is my only point of reference. Should things change or they show interest in me and take the proper care, I'm sure my opinion could change for the better.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with <insert industry best practice>?   1 Answer

Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Everbridge (Glendale, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

The interviews were short and to the point. I could see right off the bat who had energy and enthusiasm in the company and who didn't. Some people who interviewed had no clue what role I was trying to get or what the job description was. Overall my direct reports were nice and seemed like they really wanted me in the role, so that continued into my job when I was hired.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There really was no negotiation. I asked for more time to decide and I was pressured to hurry up and make a choice. HR was telling me they had other people that wanted my position and if I could just make a choice and tell her over the phone. It was awkward, but it has overall been a bittersweet experience for me.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Everbridge (Burlington, MA) in September 2017.

Interview

Phone screening with recruiter (she was super attentive and professional!), phone interview with hiring manager and then on-site interview. Everyone was so nice and helpful, overall a great experience!

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Everbridge (Washington, DC) in January 2017.

Interview

Got an interview through an independent recruiter. Process took about 4 weeks. Interviewed over the phone with VP of Account management, followed with 3 phone interviews with VPs and an Account Manager. A week later had a face-to-face meeting with VP of Sales. The whole team, from the recruiter to the VPs were very responsive. Very professional system they have in place. They followed up with me every step of the way. They get an A+

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Everbridge in May 2010.

Interview

It was a long process lasting about 4 hours, but it was very detailed and we touched on a lot of topics. It was very thorough. I interviewed with the entire team as well as multiple people from management.

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Everbridge (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

interview had various rounds like hiring manager, assistant to cto, in person interview with various team members followed by a written test. Most of the questions were very relevant to day to day work. Tested in various areas of design, architecture, people skills and processes.

Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Everbridge (Pasadena, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Comprehensive, but fairly thorough. I was told going in that there would be multiple people sitting with me, and to expect to be freaking for a while. Everyone was very professional, from the front desk to my final interviewers. Never did I think that I might have been overlooked.

Interview Questions

• What accomplishment in the last year are you most proud of?   Answer Question

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Everbridge (Lexington, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

Phone screening with HR, on site interview with hiring manager and director.
    Phone screening was very light, the HR person who contacted me did not seem to know very much about the position.
    The on site interviews where scheduled one after the other and lasted for a bit less than 1 hour/each.
    I got a very good impression from the company when visiting: nice office where people seemed to enjoy working. (Location was not great though, far from everything.) As in many tech companies employees seemed to be predominantly (white) male, this was also the case for all who interviewed me. It felt a bit like a boys club.
    Hiring manager was very nice and did everything to encourage me and convince me that this was a great position and company, Director was tougher, more trying to find weaknesses in my experience and background. Leaving the interviews I had the impression I would get an offer, since my background fit the requirements and since the interviews had gone well.
    2 days after the interview HR told me they had chosen another candidate. I contacted both HR and the Hiring Manager to get some feedback to help me in my future job search and got no response what so ever. A pity considering that as a job seeker you put time and effort into the process - a good company will pay back at least by giving you feedback on what to improve.

Interview Questions

• The hiring manager had a document with standard questions that he asked, some very standard ones, e.g. What are your strengths/weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you've failed.   Answer Question
    • Questions to verify my match to the job description.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Everbridge (Boston, MA) in August 2015.

Interview

My interview process started with a phone interview with a recruiting manager. Following that interview I was asked to come into the office where I interviewed with a sales manger, a sales director, and VP of sales in one day. The first two meetings were forty five minutes each followed by an hour and a half with the VP.