Everbridge Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.4
Jaime Ellertson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Market Leader in the ENS Space with continous innovation (in 7 reviews)

• Co-workers are nice and work environment is fun but that depends on the team too (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Senior Management Team needs to listen to and value their employees (in 7 reviews)

• Some growing pains are apparent but they're striving to make things better everyday (in 5 reviews)

1. "Current Employee"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Everbridge full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Our people, solve problems. Our product, saves lives.

Cons

There are a on of meetings!

Advice to Management

As we continue to grow please do not lose site of the company culture.

"Shorted me $10,000 on my W2s"

Former Employee - Systems Administrator in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Systems Administrator in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Everbridge (More than a year)

Pros

Wealthy company that pays reasonably well

Cons

My W2s had a $10k discrepancy between money withheld and money that should have been withheld. Everbridge refused to do anything about it; it was all mixed up in an acquisition but I'm pretty sure someone either at Nixle or Everbridge basically managed to steal $10,000 from me via my tax withholdings.
    Also really likes hiring people as contractors.

Advice to Management

One way or another this was your responsibility to fix. Expect to get sued eventually.

"Good place to launch your career."

I have been working at Everbridge full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company growing rapidly, expanding across all departments. Great to sell for the market share leader with thousands of customers to reference. Culture is cool, always fun things going on and lots of free food/drinks. No late hours or homework, do your job and go home. Mission of company is awesome, how many people can say they sell a high tech SaaS product that literally saves people's lives? Senior mgt respects employees enough to share plans and make sure people understand their role on the road map. There are proven promotion paths for successful BDRs who put their time in. This year so far 4 BDRs have moved on to closing or acct mgt roles and there have been 4 or 5 on-team promotions to either senior or team lead status - not bad ratios for a team of 20. Training pretty solid. Nice office with ping pong, play station, gym, subsidized cafe and underground parking.

Cons

Very KPI driven and structured as most BDR shops are but it can be a grind being monitored and tracked constantly. Pay isn't bad for entry level but in general the company is a little stingy with comp and benefits. Ironically, internal collaboration and communication between depts is rough but it's a recognized problem that's being worked on.

Advice to Management

To BDR Mgt: Lighten up on the rigid schedule and hour to hour KPI monitoring for those who have earned that trust. To Senior Mgt: Don't sacrifice company culture and quality of employees in your rush to grow. Be a market leader in comp and health bennies instead of just "checking the box".

Everbridge Response

Oct 27, 2017 – HR Associate

Hello,

Thank you for your kind words and constructive advice. We are glad to hear you are enjoying your experience at Everbridge and appreciate your balanced view of where we are today. We are... More

"The thrill is gone"

I have been working at Everbridge full-time

Pros

Cutting edge product, great people, comfortable work environment

Cons

If you're not in senior management or a top salesman, you have no value to this company. Benefits and pay continue to be below par. Morale is at an all time low and people are leaving the company. Since going public, they have become cheap with the perks- the fun events and free food have been cut way back. Senior management has millions in stock shares... zero for anyone else.

Advice to Management

Read the employee surveys that were done a few months ago.

Everbridge Response

Oct 23, 2017 – HR Associate

Hello,
    We appreciate you leaving feedback for us to help improve. We do have great people and know we would be nothing without them. It's disheartening to hear that this message is not felt by... More

"BDR"

Current Employee - BDR in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Everbridge full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free food a few days a week. Has solid snack as well and free drinks. Well known product by people in emergency preparedness world but expensive and people don't see the ROI.

Cons

Rampant turn over as a BDR- 5 have left in my short time here, already I've heard many more are looking.

Micromanagement doesn't even do it justice here. Be prepared to hear about you activity level not on a daily basis but hourly and don't let you ratios of VM/Calls be off.

Favoritism is extreme in the BDR life

Pay as a BDR is well below market but one of a few places that will give you your shot and then use this place to go to another spot

You will be told you have the path to an AE/AM role in 12 months or less, complete lie expect to be there 18-24 months. Just look at the people primarily who are seniors on the team.

Advice to Management

HR should look into the rampant turnover and the org. I feel duped working here and am looking to leave myself.

Put out all the articles you want about how we "Aren't micromanaged" but a specific person clearly isn't telling the truth

"No empowement"

I have been working at Everbridge full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly people, good office culture - recently expanded all the offices and tries to provide good snacks and free drinks.

Cons

No one is empowered to make decisions and no alignment across groups. Groups often working at cross purposes. Management is unable or unwilling to make corrective moves. Current agile transformation is stalled due to lack of management commitment.

Advice to Management

Be bold. Management is holding back the company - trust in your teams and let things happen. Fewer meetings and more action will be the way forward.

"Stingy company with limited growth opportunities"

I have been working at Everbridge full-time

Pros

Co-workers are nice and work environment is fun but that depends on the team too.

Cons

Number of opportunities, promotions and new projects are limited to Burlington. Remote offices are neglected. Promotions benefits are not merit based but based on who you know. Company is very stingy. There is no 401K offering and healthcare is expensive. Very little raise or bonus is given.

"Great Company to be a part of"

Current Employee - Sales Leadership in Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Sales Leadership in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Everbridge full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company is experiencing rapid sales growth while continuing to innovate and launch new products and acquire technologies. Everbridge is market leader for critical event management. Great place for successful people to advance in their career with ample growth opportunities for existing employee's as well. Good sales people should take a serious look at Everbridge!

Cons

none that I can think of

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in good people, the products. Keep doing what you have been doing.

"Over Promise & Underdelivered"

I have been working at Everbridge full-time

Pros

This product is saving lives and is a leader in the space.

Cons

I would not recommend working here. Internal recruiters will say what they need to get their job done. There is little room for professional growth/ upward mobility/ even cross departmental mobility. Compensation is below market with little room for promotions. In fact, rumor has it this company doesn't give raises. Politics are messy.

Advice to Management

Start caring about your employees to reduce employee churn. Competitive compensation will yield results. Employee want to work somewhere where they feel appreciated.

10. "Account Executive"

I have been working at Everbridge full-time

Pros

Fast-paced, fast growing company with unique start-up feel. Multiple products and bundled solutions to sell to more than five industries. Experienced leadership and management. Fun environment to work in full of great people. Overall excellent culture.

Cons

No cons to be reported.