Expedia Group Software Development Engineer I Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Expedia Group Software Development Engineer I Interview Questions

Interviews at Expedia Group

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Expedia Group (Bellevue, WA) in December 2011.

Interview

The recruiter sent me the interview request. She asked about my interview schedule, and also gave me a list of questions to answer.
*What attracted you to Expedia and/or this particular role?
*Do you possess long term work authorization to work for any employer in the US?
*What is your current salary and what are your salary expectations?
*List 4-6 bullet points of why you feel you are a good match for this role?
*Please provide a copy of your resume.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself   Answer Question
  • Why choose Expedia?   Answer Question
  • If there's any reason make you not to choose a company, what it's going to be? / or What is your ideal dream job's attribute?   Answer Question
  • coding test: Give a linked list, what is the most efficient way to find the middle node?   1 Answer
  • After the coding test, he also asked me what are the different test conditions can be?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Expedia Group

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia Group (Bellevue, WA) in December 2018.

Interview

Had an initial call from the recruiter, to go over the basic profile, then a phone screen.
    After that was called onsite in Bellevue(US),for a full day interview. Had 5 rounds in total.

Interview Questions

• -Phone screen had 3 simple coding questions- 1 was based on Javascript and CSS. 2 standard coding problems-fairly easy .
      - On-site had a mix of coding, design,frontend and behavioural interviews.
      -1st interview was coding round- was asked 2 questions. Had to write code on whiteboard. One was a tree based question and other was a linkedlist one.
      -2nd interview was a design interview. Had a really good discussion with the interviewer. Asked me to design a real world system.
      -3rd was more of a knowledge based one-on frontend technologies,
      -4th , was asked one more coding question-array related. Then moved on to some frontend questions(css,javascripts, frameworks)-what is pseudo selectors, closures..
      -5th was taken by a architect. Really enjoyed interviewing with this person. He had a great knowledge of products and technologies. Asked me some behavioral questions , and then a string manipulation question.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia Group.

Interview

HR contact - one technical phone interview - onsite interview (5-6 people)

Interview Questions

• Most of them is basic linked list, tree, array questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia Group (Bellevue, WA) in May 2014.

Interview

The hiring process was very simple and straight forward. I had a phone screen interview and then called onsite for four one-one interview. The interviews was very simple. all related to Java and web concepts and few white board questions. I had interviewed with 4 different teams.
    One of the interviewer was very friendly, he made sure that I was comfortable and if I had to take a break. On the other side.
    one other interviewer was asking me strange questions, I am not sure if he was prepared with all the questions. While I was answering the questions,he was doing some work on his laptop(I am sure not related to the interview). His questions were unconventional and he was himself was not sure what he wants to ask.
    The other two interviews were simple and nothing out of the box questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• There wasnt any difficult questions but there were some unexpected questions by one of the interviewer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Expedia Group (Bellevue, WA) in August 2014.

Interview

contacted by a recruiter several days after apply online. set up a phone screen the next day and on-site two weeks later. Then the recruiter told me the feedback is good and want to setup another phone call with the hiring manager from the team I was assigned. And then I was told the manager doesn't think I am a good fit?!!!!! This is my whole interview process, it went well and I enjoyed it at the beginning, but then it just getting weird.

Interview Questions

• None, all straight forward questions. Try to clear the ambiguous before starting tackling it.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer I Interview

Interview

There was a tech question at the career fair, and then an onsite interview which includes three rounds. The first round was a brain teaser interview. The second round was a recursive programming question. The third round was questions on objective programming.

Interview Questions

• Please design a object class of anything in the real world.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Expedia Group (Seattle, WA) in July 2015.

Interview

There are three rounds total. Two phones screens and one on-site interview. In the first phone screen, they just ask about your resume and your experiences. If they think that you are a good match, they will schedule a second phone interview. The second phone interview is a technical one. There was no coding involved when I did mine. They asked very basic concepts and programming problems. I think they just want to make sure that you can code before they invite you to do an on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• Basic data structures and algorithms. Also about OOD as well.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Expedia Group (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied for this position online in February, 2017. Got an e-mail from a recruiter in 2 weeks with a link to an online Coding Challenge and I had two weeks to complete it. You need to complete the challenge successfully for continuing the interview process.

The online Coding Challenge(HackerRank) had only two questions. The first question was a basic Object Oriented Programming question(very basic) and the second question was a programming question which was of medium difficulty. The second question needed some time and thinking. It was not very easy, but do-able. I would strongly recommend that you practice well before starting this challenge.

I was later informed to attend a technical on-site interview. There were three rounds, each scheduled for about an hour. The interviewers are VERY VERY friendly. They were genuinely helpful and wanted the candidates to perform well. There were three rounds, an Algorithm round, a data structure round and a design round. Personally, I found the algorithm and the DS round to be of average difficulty and the design round to be tough. All the three rounds were a mixture of both behavioral and technical questions(3:2). I did not practice a lot of design questions and I was not very confident in that round.

Due to the NDA, I will not be able to disclose the questions. However, I would strongly recommend the following:

1) Interact very confidently and make sure you know what you're talking about. Expedia is a company with great culture and the interviewers make sure that they hire only those candidates who would blend in this culture. Getting an offer is not determined only by the fact that you could answer the technical questions correctly, but also by the way you interacted with the interviewers. Understand every question and make sure you've understood the question completely before answering.

2) Make sure to practice a lot of question on CTCI and make sure to go through all the questions on Glassdoor. This is a very important point. I wouldn't have got the offer without the help from Glassdoor. I cannot thank Glassdoor enough.

3) Do not panic if you are not able to answer any of the programming questions They don't need a solution. They need to see how you think. So talk, talk, talk and talk. Make sure you let the interview know that you are THINKING and not panicking. Also, make sure to understand the hints given by the interviewer. They will give you hints if you are stuck.

4) Make sure to practice on a white board before you interview.

5) Read point 2 again. If you have more time, please practice on LeetCode, HackerRank and geeksforgeeks.

All the best and Good luck.

Interview Questions

• Common behavioral questions. Nothing unexpected. What are your accomplishments, failures etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia Group (Bellevue, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online, then contacted by a recruiter after 3+ weeks. No response for 1 week, then scheduled a technical phone screen.

Received the call 24 hrs before the scheduled time, so I rescheduled the call to next day. Finally received a call 20 mins late.

Then no further communication from Expedia, not even a reply to emails asking for status. A very negative experience overall.

Interview Questions

• General questions on my past projects and questions related to REST APIs, Javascript, HTTP.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Expedia Group (Bellevue, WA) in September 2015.

Interview

- Applied online
    - One phone screen
    - Onsite interview with five people. One with the director, which are mostly behavior questions. One with the hiring manager, two coding questions. The other three with different level devs, one to two coding questions for each session.

Interview Questions

• Signed NDA, cannot reveal the details. Mostly data structure and algorithm, not difficult. Be sure you prepare well with CS fundamental.   Answer Question