Exponential-e Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Exponential-e Interview Questions

Interviews at Exponential-e

Network Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Exponential-e (London, England (UK)) in February 2018.

Interview

Phone then face to face. Called back an hour after the f2f and offered the job. Overall a pretty standard experience though they did appear rather keen to hire me.

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Exponential-e (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I was contacted by the HR department on LinkedIn, after that phone interview, then aptitude assessment online, then face to face with a manager, after that the final interview would have been with the CFO.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Exponential-e (London, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

The only positive was I walked out warmer than I walked in as the hiring manager was only trying to scare me with numbers and figure bashing to which I overcame his poor questioning and secured the job.

Solutions Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Exponential-e (London, England (UK)) in November 2018.

Interview

1) Had a brief screening interview with an internal recruiter. Went through basic employment history and role details. It was made clear at this stage that the most they could offer was £40k+10% commission (only available after 6 month probation) due to my experience length and not conflicting with their own graduate scheme. I said that's fine.

2) Phone interview with two managers from solutions team. This was surprisingly in depth, they asked me to pitch SD-WAN and talked about my experience etc.

3) They asked me to do a weird skills review assessment. Odd. They clearly paid for this and thought 'may as well use it...'

4) Face-to-face with the same managers from 2). They asked me to pitch a prepared presentation regarding a customer scenario that they sent beforehand. They got very technical with the questions that they asked, and I couldn't answer all of them (questions on QoS, access technologies, BGP, HSRP, etc). I wasn't sure if I would receive an offer due to how I struggled with some of the questions. Got kicked out of the room so concluded the Q&A session in the cafeteria.

4) Recruiter confirmed I received an offer (£40k+10% as agreed). A week later, I told them that I wanted to wait for my other (more lucrative) opportunities to conclude before making a final decision. Recruiter warned me that this was risky, I said I was willing to take a risk. They pulled the offer shortly afterwards (I don't blame them)

Interview Questions

• How does HSRP work with BGP?

How do you avoid QoS priority being abused on our network by a customer?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Exponential-e (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Phone and face to face interview. Questions were at CCNA level. Make sure you know the layer 2 basics very well and also OSPF. Make sure you understand how a switch learns a mac address, how vlans work and how trunking works. It is probably a good idea to have a good understanding of Default Gateway high availability and Some prior knowledge of BGP and VPN will definitely work in your favour.

Interview Questions

• Describe layer 2 packet flow.   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Exponential-e (London, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

The process was fairly quick once I got past the interview. I was meant to have the interview on the Thursday, which was moved 2 times, to Friday, then Monday. Once inside, I came in and the interviewer was around 10 minutes late, and the interview went on for around an hour and half.

After the interview was finished, I went home about 3 hours later they called me and told me I start in 2 weeks if I accept.

Product Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Exponential-e (London, England (UK)) in August 2012.

Interview

3 stage interview. Phone interview followed by 2 face to face interviews. The second involved a presentation to an HR representative, your potential manager and a board member. The process took a total of about a month. Negotiation on salary happened before and after offer. Jobs are advertised, externally on their website, linkedIn(if it is senior enough) and offered out via employee referrals, so they get a wide range of candidates.

Partner Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Exponential-e (London, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

Facilitated through a recruitment consultant, I had an initial 1/2 hour HR telephone interview which went well, and was then asked to attend a face to face interview in London with the recruiting manager. The face to face interview lasted around 90mins. I thought that the interview went well, and despite not being able to get an answer on the day - I left feeling positive and expecting to move forward to second interview stage. I followed up the interview with an email to the recruiting manager, and a call to the HR contact who committed to chase up the recruiting manager and get back to me. I received no response at all from them - just a one liner from my recruitment consultant telling me I was unsuccessful. This company have shown a complete disregard and lack of respect for me - they need to realise that preparing for interviews takes up considerable time, not to mention expense, and they should be obligated to provide constructive feedback irrespective of the outcome.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Exponential-e (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

great interview process many different tasks and stages. evaluate you very well great company to work for after also. due diligence on the process and make sure to employ the right ppl for the right job

Interview Questions

• why do you want to do sales   1 Answer

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Exponential-e (London, England (UK)) in February 2013.

Interview

Panel of 3 people, one lady from HR, a 2nd line engineer and the network ops centre manager. There were soft skills questions and questions regarding my IT and networking knowledge