ExtraHop Networks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ExtraHop Networks (Seattle, WA) in October 2017.

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me via Linkedin and gave me a call when I let her know I was interested.
    Manjot, the recruiter was very helpful, and super responsive. She kept me updated on the whole process and answered all emails in 24 hours or less.

Interview Questions

• What industry would you try to sell our product?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ExtraHop Networks (Seattle, WA).

Interview

My process involved:
    Solving a coding problem on my own and send in the code.
    Speaking briefly with a recruiter on the phone, the usual screen.
    Speaking with a developer on the phone about my code and related interests. No over-the-phone coding, thank goodness.
    On site interview: 5 rounds with about 7 or 8 people. Mostly algorithm and data structure related questions. Pretty enjoyable as far as interviews go.

Interview Questions

• Just know your data structures and tree-traversal algorithms.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExtraHop Networks.

Interview

Met with them at a career fair on campus and was asked a simple coding challenge. After passing the challenge, they invited me for a technical screening interview a couple days later. After going to the interview, I worked through a single programming question for about 30 minutes. It had to do with Matrices and recursion. Heard back about a week later that I was not quite as good of a match as they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• Explain how a hash table works, and describe its run time.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExtraHop Networks.

Interview

I dropped my resume on campus career fair and the next day I had a phone interview by a senior software engineer. It last for ~45min, and asked about your basic background, some technique questions about network, and finally a coding test. He will discuss the basic ideas with you on the coding test.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ExtraHop Networks in December 2015.

Interview

Applied at a College Career Fair.

Was given a coding test to complete, which involved Downloading and reading text from the internet, processing it, then using that text.

After completing the coding test, I was given a phone interview. The phone interview was mostly about my past projects at school and at my internships, vocabulary questions about the C programming language, and I was asked to code in a google docs.

After the Phone Interview, I was invited to an onsite in Seattle, which started with Lunch, then a series of technical interviews.

Interview Questions

• Largest Sum contiguous subarray.
      What happens when you hit Ctrl+c when a process is running in your shell. (sig int stuff)
      C keywords for unsigned ints, global variables and others.
      Tree traversal
      OO Design
      Fibonacci Sequence
      Given a string, return the first unique character. (Character that does not appear anywhere else in the String)
      Tree traversal   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ExtraHop Networks in March 2018.

Interview

Had a phone chat with a recruiter and then a take home programming test. The test wasn't terribly hard, and in fact you could find other solutions for exactly their question online. I implemented my own solution that, as far as I could tell and could write tests for, was correct. I failed the test and had no chance to talk to anyone about it -- I don't know if I failed because I messed up, if they misunderstood something in my write-up, etc. Part of the problem involved manual conversion of a web page into a word list -- something that could vary between solutions. I documented how I did it, but who knows if the reviewer read that thoroughly?

I felt it was unprofessional to ask me to spend 4+ hours of my time and then not even be willing to discuss the solution over the phone to make sure everyone was on the same page. It seems that companies are giving take home exams more frequently but not being respectful of their candidates' time.

ExtraHop Networks Response

Apr 27, 2018 – ExtraHop

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We constantly work to improve candidate experience at ExtraHop, and this type of input can help us better refine our recruitment process. If you... More

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Complete mess, they had me do some kind of take home test, gave zero feedback on it. Lines of communication were a mess, no one had any idea what was going on. What they don't tell you is they have a policy is NEVER allowing an applicant to apply for another job if they wash out. It's absolutely insane. You have literally one shot at this company and they will never ever consider you for another role.

Which is made all the worse by the fact that their interview process is convoluted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ExtraHop Networks (Ann Arbor, MI) in September 2016.

Interview

Got an on campus interview the next day after the career fair. The interview only lasted for 30 minutes. There was one code challenge and that's it. Didn't ask about any project experience or background information.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ExtraHop Networks (Seattle, WA) in February 2015.

Interview

interviewed with 4 people, different subjects each time, different positions interview with. had to interview with a C-level person. Not intimidating though and culture fit was important. I didnt have a background in IT, but had one in sales

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at ExtraHop Networks (Seattle, WA) in February 2016.

Interview

I spoke with the recruiter first. She then set up an interview with a sales manager and it went well and they had me talk with another of the sales managers a couple days later. I never heard back from them. I then reapplied a couple months later and they had me talk to the same person and I never heard anything back again...