ExtraHop Networks Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.0
Arif Kareem

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Great work/life balance (no need to check email away from the office)" (in 3 reviews)

• "Great product that customers love" (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "The company is still going through growing pains" (in 10 reviews)

• "Not enough opportunity to grow within the company" (in 2 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Best company I've worked for so far"

I have been working at ExtraHop Networks full-time

Pros

The people controlling the company work hard to ensure the environment is good and employees are treated fairly. Great people. Meaningful work. Good benefits and pay.

Cons

Nothing outside the usual downsides of working in tech. Sometimes there are extra long hours required to meet deadlines.

2. "Exciting company to work for"

Current Employee - Technical Account Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Technical Account Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at ExtraHop Networks full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly and engaging environment. Welcoming team. Great and forward looking product. Extrahop is full of really smart and experienced people who are more than willing to share their knowledge.

Cons

Long interview process. Everything else is great so far.

"Excellent place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at ExtraHop Networks full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

* Building a product used by dozens of world's top companies
    * Flexible work hours
    * Unlimited vacation
    * Located in Seattle's shopping district
    * One block from Westlake Light Rail station
    * Nice view

Cons

* Although better than other companies, more time should be allocated to address tech debt

"Excellent product that's still growing and finding success"

I worked at ExtraHop Networks full-time

Pros

Fantastic product that offers something unique to the industry that can't be replicated. Coworkers are fairly good, most people are pulling their weight to build ExtraHop into a dominant tech company.

Cons

Turnover is high and I think a few people are given far too much authority to influence every other team. This causes a ripple effect from one department to the next and it's typically not good. This is something the company can overcome, not a huge con. Salaries are too low. for non-engineers.

5. "Good people and a cool product"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at ExtraHop Networks full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Coworkers are smart, helpful and fun to be around. Employees are understood to be human and mistakes are addressed without shaming. Managers recognize that people have lives outside the office. It is so nice to work on a product that is both interesting and incredibly useful. Leadership is approachable and available. There is an emphasis on creating an inclusive environment.

Cons

It can take a while to ramp up new hires because there is still a fair amount of tribal knowledge and information that can be difficult to find if you do not know where to look. There is no dedicated “tools” team to facilitate procedure sharing or script maintenance which leads to duplicate work and lost hours for new people.

Advice to Management

Invest in support teams who can focus on making it easier for other teams to get their work done. Provide more benefits/perks for teams and people who do work that is essential but not glamorous.

"Great start-up experience"

I worked at ExtraHop Networks full-time

Pros

If you're looking to get experience in start-up, EH is a great place to get your hands and elbows dirty.

Cons

Not enough opportunity to grow within the company

Apr 20, 2018 – ExtraHop

Thank you for your review. Career development is a key initiative for us in 2018, and as a result we just rolled out a new training reimbursement program, and have invested in online tools and... More

7. "Marketing"

Current Employee - Marketing in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Seattle, WA

I have been working at ExtraHop Networks full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great technology and innovative long-term vision.

Cons

Internal operations and employee incentive alignment.

"Great Minds Complex Products"

Former Employee - Director, Regional Sales Management
    Former Employee - Director, Regional Sales Management

I worked at ExtraHop Networks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The stuff that comes out of Seattle is truly the best quality software I have seen to date. It is flawless. The people here really do care about their work. Work life balance is visible. From a sales perspective comp is good if you can make some sales.

Cons

Sales is a challenge due to the complex and vast use cases the platform addresses. The territories are set up to have the same RSMs succeed year after year while other new RSMs get quota dumped until they leave. (I can't blame them because it a pretty tough cycle to win so I would want the same). Until that's fixed the churn will continue. It's kind f like a life insurance office attrition is a big plus for long time RSMs. Being new to sales is NOT a good thing. Make sure you have a lot of money saved up because you will need it.

Advice to Management

At some point you will have to stop operating like there are only 20 sales reps / RSMs and do a real territory division.

Mar 23, 2018 – ExtraHop

We so appreciate your feedback. As a quickly growing company, territory division is an important part of scaling a global sales organization. We know we won’t always be able to get it right, but we... More

"Extremely productive company at the expense of its employees"

I have been working at ExtraHop Networks full-time

Pros

REALLY smart people work here, and the people are what make this company great. The company has worked very hard to establish itself and its products, and is now leading the "wire data" market. The growth this company has had since its startup days is undeniable, and the growth here is continuing.

Cons

Many employees do not receive compensation (financial, promotional, etc) for the extra work they put in. It feels like management makes big decisions without doing preemptive research, and leaves it to the employees to figure out how to actually execute their decisions despite the technical hurdles. Feedback to management on this process is not received, and ultimately damages the employee culture here that used to be so great.

Advice to Management

Stop trying to move so fast, and listen to your employees. Sales and marketing cannot (and should not) run a technical company; technical teams need to run a technical company.

Mar 16, 2018 – ExtraHop

Thanks for this feedback, your thoughts are very valuable. ExtraHop makes business decisions to best drive the success of the entire organization. In the future, we will strive to more clearly... More

10. "Great place to work"

I have been working at ExtraHop Networks full-time

Pros

Strong collaborative engineering culture. Great people to work with. Growing company.

Cons

Nothing to speak of right now.