FANUC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 1, 2017

2.7

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester Hills, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at FANUC (Rochester Hills, MI).

Interview

Applied to their webpage, had a chat with a very competent and friendly engineer, then did the standard 'different person every 30 minutes for the whole day' thing. Seemed like a great company, but as a younger engineer I didn't really want to move to the (admittedly lovely) 'burbs of Michigan.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at FANUC (Houston, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview process was informative for an phone interview with an HR person. I was asked if I minded traveling and was given the basic geographical area of the position as well as the expected home town. It was also related to me that this position was to work on CNC machines and not robotics which was not any issue.

However, the discussion came to an abrupt halt when it was explained to me that I would need to purchase a vehicle to get the position and the vehicle must be worth at least $23,000 and no more than 3 years old. I explained to the HR person that the purchase of a new vehicle at the beginning of a job is potentially dangerous because I have no guarantee of how long the position with the company will last. If I accept the position then the company lays me off I am stuck with a vehicle payment and the company is free and clear. In my opinion, it is a pretty bad practice to force new employees to purchase a vehicle to get a job.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to relocate?   1 Answer
    • Are you willing to travel overnight often?   1 Answer

Being required to purchase a vehicle to get a job is bad practice.

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at FANUC.

Interview

For the interview, you meet with the supervisor, manager, and a senior representative each separately on the same day. You basically have 3 interviews. If the position is not for a direct-hire, you will work with a contract-house for background checks and drug screening. The contract-house is the one that you will have benefits and receive checks from. They do a phone interview before you go to their office. In their office, they give you a few written easy tests.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a difficult task/customer at your current position recently?   Answer Question
    • What do you enjoy to do in your spare time?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at FANUC.

Interview

Looks at our atitude and character. Looks whether we will improve or be an asset to the company. Make sure you are good at basics. Will have atleast 2 rounds of interview before hiring

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FANUC.

Interview

Initial phone screen interview. Then invited to an in person interview. Got a tour of their campus and then interviewed by a 3-people panel. Questions mainly on Database management system etc. Then meeting with HR. Some general questions about your work experience etc. Third round of phone screen interview and finally an offer.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable are you working with databases. Where do you see yourself in 5/10 years from now.?   Answer Question

Field Service Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at FANUC in August 2015.

Interview

HR Phone Interview. Went through all the questions to discover they are looking for an engineer with 3 years of experience with own vehicle to work for 40-55k in Los Angeles area. She wished me "good luck" on my search although I'm absolutely sure that she will need more luck to find some one with such an offer, let alone keep them for longer than 3 months (if they are absolutely desperate)

Product Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester Hills, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FANUC (Rochester Hills, MI) in August 2015.

Interview

Started with a tour of the facility, moved to interviews testing my engineering knowledge. Went to lunch, continued interview with other employees. After meeting with several employees, walked back to the front of the building. Very friendly and quick to answer questions.

Interview Questions

• Can you identify key parts of this engineering drawing?   Answer Question

Field Service Technician (CNC) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at FANUC (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2015.

Interview

Brief phone call. The HR rep that called me gave off the "fresh out of college" vibe. Not very professional in the way that she spoke and went about the interview process. I was asked about 2 minutes into the "phone interview" If I was willing to spend at least $21,000 on a vehicle so I could "qualify" for their reimbursement plan, which as best described by this young girl, was only for gas based on miles driven. Not to mention needing all of my own tools, so add another 1-2k for a grand total of needing to spend at least $23k to work here. Hah! what a joke. so basically, unless you have $23k laying around to go work for a company only to get paid in the 50-55K range, you're going to go massively into debt very quick, just to get a pretty low pay check. Horrible business plan Fanuc America.

I am going to suggest learning the basics of financial stability. No one making 50-55k a year can actually afford a 21K+ vehicle, do you even debt to income ratio?

Interview Questions

• Can you take on $23,000 of debt to take a low paying job?   2 Answers

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester Hills, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FANUC (Rochester Hills, MI) in June 2015.

Interview

Their were several steps to the process that included at various stages all team members to meet with and ask questions . At no time was it awkward, more importantly I respected and appreciated that the team was a part of the hiring process. The value that was put on hiring the right fit individual for their team was highly respected. This interview has better prepared me for what I want and will be seeking in the next company I would like to work for.

Interview Questions

• How do I feel about and how would I handle interruptions from the daily work progress to provide customer/worker support and satisfaction.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at FANUC (Houston, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

basic electronics question. Questions on plc's and computer programming.

Interview Questions

• Why are you different from other candidates.   1 Answer