FANUC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

Sort:

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester Hills, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at FANUC (Rochester Hills, MI).

Interview

Applied to their webpage, had a chat with a very competent and friendly engineer, then did the standard 'different person every 30 minutes for the whole day' thing. Seemed like a great company, but as a younger engineer I didn't really want to move to the (admittedly lovely) 'burbs of Michigan.

Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester Hills, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at FANUC (Rochester Hills, MI) in May 2018.

Interview

Had a first interview with their manager of training. Discussed the aspects of the role and my previous experiences. Standard interview and went well enough that I was asked back for a second interview in 2 weeks to present a 15 min lesson on a topic of my choosing.

After spending 2 weeks working on a power point and presentation, I was called by the recruiting agency 4 hours before my scheduled interview to tell me that they were cancelling my interview.

They were told it wasn't due to my qualities or experience, but because they decide the number provided to them weeks before the first interview was now too much and they didn't want to waste my time.

To me, this was very unprofessional, as they should have decided early in the process how much they were willing to spend on the role. I spent the last two weeks preparing for a presentation that I will no longer deliver. I would suggest in the future that a decision on compensation be made prior to inconveniencing possible interviewees.

Interview Questions

• Are you a tinkerer? Are you curious?   1 Answer

Sales Contractor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FANUC.

Interview

Standard procedure interviewing questions. Asked about experience, how you can contribute to the team, etc. The process was very straight forward and was average. The interviewer was easy going and I left feeling confident

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester Hills, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FANUC (Rochester Hills, MI) in June 2015.

Interview

Their were several steps to the process that included at various stages all team members to meet with and ask questions . At no time was it awkward, more importantly I respected and appreciated that the team was a part of the hiring process. The value that was put on hiring the right fit individual for their team was highly respected. This interview has better prepared me for what I want and will be seeking in the next company I would like to work for.

Interview Questions

• How do I feel about and how would I handle interruptions from the daily work progress to provide customer/worker support and satisfaction.   1 Answer

Product Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester Hills, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FANUC (Rochester Hills, MI) in August 2015.

Interview

Started with a tour of the facility, moved to interviews testing my engineering knowledge. Went to lunch, continued interview with other employees. After meeting with several employees, walked back to the front of the building. Very friendly and quick to answer questions.

Interview Questions

• Can you identify key parts of this engineering drawing?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at FANUC.

Interview

Looks at our atitude and character. Looks whether we will improve or be an asset to the company. Make sure you are good at basics. Will have atleast 2 rounds of interview before hiring

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at FANUC (Houston, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview process was informative for an phone interview with an HR person. I was asked if I minded traveling and was given the basic geographical area of the position as well as the expected home town. It was also related to me that this position was to work on CNC machines and not robotics which was not any issue.

However, the discussion came to an abrupt halt when it was explained to me that I would need to purchase a vehicle to get the position and the vehicle must be worth at least $23,000 and no more than 3 years old. I explained to the HR person that the purchase of a new vehicle at the beginning of a job is potentially dangerous because I have no guarantee of how long the position with the company will last. If I accept the position then the company lays me off I am stuck with a vehicle payment and the company is free and clear. In my opinion, it is a pretty bad practice to force new employees to purchase a vehicle to get a job.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to relocate?   1 Answer
    • Are you willing to travel overnight often?   1 Answer

Being required to purchase a vehicle to get a job is bad practice.

Field Service Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at FANUC in August 2015.

Interview

HR Phone Interview. Went through all the questions to discover they are looking for an engineer with 3 years of experience with own vehicle to work for 40-55k in Los Angeles area. She wished me "good luck" on my search although I'm absolutely sure that she will need more luck to find some one with such an offer, let alone keep them for longer than 3 months (if they are absolutely desperate)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at FANUC (Houston, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

basic electronics question. Questions on plc's and computer programming.

Interview Questions

• Why are you different from other candidates.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at FANUC.

Interview

For the interview, you meet with the supervisor, manager, and a senior representative each separately on the same day. You basically have 3 interviews. If the position is not for a direct-hire, you will work with a contract-house for background checks and drug screening. The contract-house is the one that you will have benefits and receive checks from. They do a phone interview before you go to their office. In their office, they give you a few written easy tests.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a difficult task/customer at your current position recently?   Answer Question
    • What do you enjoy to do in your spare time?   Answer Question