FARO Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 30, 2017

2.9

Database/Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FARO Technologies (Orlando, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview that went over some basic points and then proceeded to interview at the headquarters with the head of the department and another analyst. Typical interview questions. Some related to databases, other to HTML and CSS formatting. The interviewers were friendly.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in where your attention to detail was important for a project/situation/etc   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at FARO Technologies (Houston, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

One initial screening call with a recruiter, two Skype interviews with management, and one final face to face interview. They fumbled quite a bit with the salary and territory logistics. One manager contradicted another. It was clear that the company was restructuring and it seemed the right hand wasn't talking to the left.

Interview Questions

• What would I say my proudest professional accomplishment is?   1 Answer

Sales Engineer Interview

Interview

The interview process was very pleasant. The tone was conversational but did look into experience. Although they are very concerned with metrics they also seemed to want to understand how you would fit into their regional team. Examples of being proactive and adaptable (as there will be a good amount of travel) also seemed key.

Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FARO Technologies.

Interview

The interview process began with a 30 minute call from HR. It moved forward to a 30 minute call from the hiring manager about a week later. Then it was a 1:1 meeting with the hiring manager. The overall process was fairly easy for this position. I felt well informed during every step of the process.

Interview Questions

• Simple questions to confirm my engineering knowledge and my personality.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at FARO Technologies in November 2014.

Interview

The process started with a call from a head hunter. Then a 1/2 hr call with HR, after that it was a call from a regional manager. That's where the process hit a wall. I was told after that call I would receive another call from corporate then receive an offer. Still waiting. It's been a couple months. The job hasn't been filled, and (according to the head hunter) I'm still in the game.

Interview Questions

• They were just the standard type questions: What would you do if?? and what was your most difficult situation you've had to overcome.   Answer Question

Staff Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at FARO Technologies.

Interview

Technical interview with multiple people. Finished interviews with the HR manager. Very little feedback from HR manager and no response for several weeks - trying to setup the interview, whether it went positively or negatively. Extremely unprofessional.

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Mary, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FARO Technologies (Lake Mary, FL).

Interview

Had one interview with the hiring managers. Communication was through a secretary. After the interview, did not hear anything back, not a "yes", not a "no". Followed up with the secretary a couple of times - no response. I'm sure they are busy, but that's just not a good way of doing it.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at FARO Technologies (Orlando, FL) in February 2013.

Interview

HR a bit lacking in being coordinated and responsive to set up meeting times, logistics, etc.
    I had to call and followup/check-in multiple times - this is a bit nerve-wracking as an interviewee doesn't want to be a pest, yet still wants to be proactive and show interest and preparedness.
    Nice facility, great products and they are clearly proud of their rapid growth and equipment.

Interview Questions

• Typical ?'s regarding work experience, situations that have come up, how they were handled, etc.   1 Answer

Applications Eng Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FARO Technologies (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2013.

Interview

HR, Then one on one with the manager and his manager. Experience, skills, attitude, fit, verbal skills, physical capabilities to carry 50 pounds. Other skills, like ability to stand in front of people

Interview Questions

• a lot of questions about background   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FARO Technologies in August 2011.

Interview

The phone interview was very casual. The manager, lead developer, and two other developers conducted the interview. A few days later I was asked to do a 1:1 interview with HR, followed by a group panel interview. The group panel interview was broken into two parts. The first part was more relaxed with 4 developers in the room. The second part of the group panel was draining. By then I was exhausted with questions. There were 5 developers asking questions on various software concepts one after the other. The entire interview including 1 hour lunch with the team took 5 hours.

Interview Questions

• What is the most efficient sorting algorithm for sorting binary numbers?   1 Answer