FBL Financial Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FBL Financial Interview Questions

Updated May 28, 2017

Actuarial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at FBL Financial (Des Moines, IA) in May 2017.

Interview

-Interview by 4 people in total
    - Each interview was 30 mins each
    - 4 Actuaries of life department
    - Was given tour of building at the end
    - Asked a bit technical questions about excel access etc
    - positive review overall

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Interview

It was pretty laid back. I had a few rounds of one on one interviews with the people I was going to be working with. I was nervous going in but they were all welcoming and supportive. Working with the human resources department was a bit of a struggle but was ok in the end.

Senior Technical Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FBL Financial (West Des Moines, IA) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online on the FBL/Farm Bureau Careers website. Received a call from Human Resources about a week later and scheduled an interview to take place the week after the phone call. The interview was really two interviews the same day. The first interview was with the Human Resources representative, where my resume and job application were reviewed. The second interview was with the hiring manager and another Technical Administrator from his department. My impression was the hiring manager's director usually sat in on this interview too, but he wasn't available that day. The second interview consisted of technical questions related to my prior positions, including platforms, systems applications, and other technical skills. The interviews took place in late April 2015 and the total time was about 2 hours.

Interview Questions

• Has anyone ever complained about the work you have done (at a prior job)?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you made a mistake at your job?   1 Answer
    • In your position, you will have others approach you asking for help on various matters. Are you able to help others with their work assignments?   1 Answer

Field Claim Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at FBL Financial in June 2014.

Interview

Ihad to submit an online application with a optin to load a resume at the end, then a few days later I received a call to schedule an interview, and later conducted a phone interview within 10 days. Good response time and the HR rep answered all my question in get detail. Nice experience.

Interview Questions

• What was a project you took over and what was the impact?   Answer Question

IT Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at FBL Financial (West Des Moines, IA).

Interview

Initial contact was made directly to the hiring manager through networking
    Other employees were hired after being consultants
    There were 2 in-person interviews within the department management with the hiring manager and the VP above
    That was followed by filling out a job application and having an interview with HR

Interview Questions

• What did I think about the CIO's management style at my previous company   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to get more than the standard vacation, but there was no negotiation after the offer. An applicant, at the right stage of the interview process, needs to make their case for a salary or salary range.

Customer Contact Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Cruces, NM

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at FBL Financial (Las Cruces, NM) in June 2013.

Interview

Very professional interview. Went to the company location dressed business casual and the interviewer was very polite and asked standard interview questions. One of the plusses about this company and environment.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions. I do not remember any specific questions.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nairobi (Kenya)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FBL Financial (Nairobi (Kenya)) in March 2012.

Interview

Process took a month to complete ,interviewed by a panel of 5 people,passed interview ,accepted the offer,The interview questions were straight forward questions mostly touching on the job qualifications and experiences

Interview Questions

• Why do u think you are the best candidate for this position   1 Answer