Fairfield Residential Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 8, 2017

2.4

Property Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fairfield Residential (San Jose, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

We both asked really good questions of each other. The interviewer made me feel comfortable and she was very positive and had a upbeat attitude which made it easy for us to click. She asked the basics, why work for them, what my strengths were and weaknesses . How would I lead a team . Etc

Assistant Property Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fairfield Residential (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

My interview process was conducted primarily via phone. It seemed as though my interviewer really wanted to know more about me, not just that I was qualified for the job. They were very friendly and welcoming. It lasted about 40 minutes. I interviewed with both my direct supervisor and the regional supervisor for the position.

Interview Questions

• Where did I see myself in the future and what are my goals?   1 Answer

Leasing Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fairfield Residential (Fairfax, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

I had the best experience interviewing with Anokhi Chandarana at Dwell Vienna Metro Apartments. She welcomed me and she was very friendly, polite, clear and very professional. I felt very relax and I was able to broad about my experiences in sales and customer service.
     It will an honor to work with this company.

Interview Questions

• I had very clear questions, she asked me about my experiences, reliability, my organizations skills and personality.   1 Answer

Assistant Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fairfield Residential (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I was a bit surprised that they didn't seem ready to review me when I arrived, I met with two managers, one seemed as if he made up his mind before the interview, so it wasn't a pleasant experience with the strange questions but I kept my composure and answered all they quirky inquiries. I thought after the fact that he possibly might have not known what position I was applying for.

Assistant Property Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ravenna, OH

Interview

The regional manager of the Aurora location contacted me by email about 2 weeks after I had applied. She was very prompt in her responses to me and set up a phone interview for the next day. We talked on the phone for about 10 minutes in which she asked me about my background and why I wanted to work for Fairfield. It wasn't necessarily an interview, just a getting to know you call. She proceeded to ask me when I would be free to come the community to check it out and talk a little more in depth. I was driving at the time, so she told me to email her the dates and times I would be free. As soon as I got to work that morning, I emailed her. It was Friday and I didn't hear back from her so I waited until Monday afternoon before I did any follow up. I emailed her again to make sure she got my information and got no response. I emailed again on Wednesday. A brief summary of my email is as follows: "I was really interested in the position we had talked about and from my understanding I thought we were going to set up a date for me to come meet you and check out the community. However, I haven't heard back from you. If you could just let me know either way, I'd appreciate it." Still...no response. I ended up calling on Thursday, leaving a message and you guessed it, no response. All in all, I understand that maybe I wasn't the person they wanted to hire which is absolutely fine BUT the unprofessionalism coming from them is completely unacceptable. I have been a hiring manager for over 5 years and I was taught that honesty is the best policy, ESPECIALLY if someone is continually following up with you. I have never ignored a follow up, email or call just to avoid a situation. So regardless of everything, I just would have appreciated any form of response back after I was lead to believe I would be moving on in the interviewing process. It was just so rude and unprofessional.

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Hills, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fairfield Residential (West Hills, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

3 interviews. 2 with my Superintendent and 1 with a Corporate boss. HR called and sent me for a drug screen and informed me that my background check was what we will be waiting for.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience and explain? Where do you see yourself in the future? How do you feel about teamwork? Is money more important or stability? Are your available to start now? Have you been in management in the past? What is your construction experience? How do you feel working long hours? Do you pay attention to details. Do you like interacting with others? How are you with multitasking? What are your computer skills?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They asked me what I wanted to make. I told them and asked for a few additional things. They said they would have to get back to me. They called two days later and gave me an offer in writing. It was less than I asked for, however I felt that the opportunity for growth would pay off.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Fairfield Residential (San Diego, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

pleasant, personal, none formal but professional, they were accommodating, focused on personality and character, it was overall a good experience and I left feeling good about the whole thing. The follow up was timely and it all worked out at the end.

Leasing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fairfield Residential (Charlotte, NC) in March 2016.

Interview

Interview started with an onsite interview with the assistant manager. At the time, the property manager was busy on site taking care of over issues that had risen that day.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable working with diverse demographics?   1 Answer
    • Explain your sales background and why you're interested in leasing   1 Answer

Front Desk Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fairfield Residential (Boise, ID) in February 2016.

Interview

Friendly, polite,..brief every question was about the job and experience. Interview took place in lobby not in their office. Everything went great even though I was about 10 minutes later.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think we should hire you?   1 Answer

Property Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fairfield Residential (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Apply online, Brief Phone Interview, tour property, in person interview with Regional Manager, 2nd Interview with VP

Most of the interview was questions regarding my skills and experience, and hearing about their culture and expectations.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Fairfield?   1 Answer