Fareportal Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fareportal Interview Questions

Updated Oct 4, 2017

2.8

Performance Data Analyst Interview

Interview

Received an email to see if I would be available for a phone interview. Returned the email saying what time I would be available and the HR person said they would call me at that time. Never received a call. Sent another email the following day to see what happened and if we could schedule another call, and never even got a return email.

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fareportal (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

I had a phone call with the HR after I had applied. I had a first interview with a Director or Senior Manager I believe. I was scheduled for an interview with the team. I got a call from two people who were very late and very unprofessional. Added to that , they had a very strong Indian accent that i could not really understand and asked me questions that I think they just looked up and wanted to test me. On one of the questions one of the guy asked me the difference between Array and ArrayList. I answered and asked him what he thought, he could not even explain. I asked him if he used a lot of ArrayList and he ignored my questions
    Very unprofessional

Digital Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fareportal (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received a prompt request for a screening interview. That went well and they scheduled an panel interview - 3 different groups for 30 minutes. Before that happened I discovered I was unexpectedly connected to the Senior person I would be working for. I reached out and we had a great conversation. I felt good about the position, and the company.

Unfortunately the panel interview was a disaster, as they had issues with Webx on their end. The first interviewer stated "this always happens" and the flow was disrupted. They called me back from a cell phone which was placed on speaker in the middle of the table. I could see the expression on the interviewers face - he was clearly annoyed. The laptop running Webx video was set aside - facing the ceiling.

It wasn't possible to hear any of the questions or conversation, as the interviewers were forced to get up and speak directly into the cell phone. Their frustration grew, and grew (and grew). That panel closed, and both the cell phone and the video laptop were carried down the hall into another conference room where the debacle continued.

At the end, we all had PTSD. I emailed and called my contact at the company, and the recruiter. No one ever responded.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fareportal (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process is more technology agnostic and non-algorithm/non-data structures.
    It's about design,OOp concepts and practical implementation ideasWhat other tools can be leveraged (distributed messaging like RabbitMq, zeromq etc.)

The hiring is smooth. But their immigration lawyers are not great.

Interview Questions

• How to design Hotmail account creation service with high availability?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Fareportal in January 2017.

Interview

Interview process was smooth. The scheduling of interviews were properly done. The HR recruiter seemed nice at the beginning of the process especially in scheduling but at the end of the process he showed his unprofessional behavior. First intro call with HR recruiter, then Phone interview with the manager - basic oops concept questions, design patterns/ principles questions. Then there was a final 2.5 - 3 hour Skype interview. Two sessions each consisted of 2 interviewers. Sessions included detailed programming questions, debugging strategies, string manipulation coding exercises, performance related questions, etc. All interviewers seemed nice throughout the conversation except the HR recruiter.
    After this final Skype interview, I never heard back! I followed up by emailing the HR recruiter twice and by leaving him a voicemail but never got a reply from him. So unprofessional and unethical behavior by the HR recruiter. A complete waste of my time!!
    On reaching out to a current employee, she said that their policies changed and are preferring only local candidates!
    Having spent time in participating in the process, a simple email stating just the result without any reasons would have been enough. Rather the HR recruiter chose to completely ignore without letting me know of the result. Must be an unprofessional amateur who is unfit to be in this industry! Probably dodged a bullet as their work environment might be so unprofessional and unethical.

Interview Questions

• Basic oops concept, design patterns, solid design principles   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fareportal (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Heard back a few days after applying, immediately hired on the spot. The process was pretty painless and didn't last more than an hour. Tried to do it via Skype but they preferred it be done in person.

Interview Questions

• Why I was interested in the job, how I thought I'd contribute   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fareportal (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview itself was quite average and straightforward. I applied online via indeed, and a few weeks later I had a phone interview from HR. A few days after that I was invited to the fareportal office for an in person interview. I was asked about my experiences and interests. There wasn't any specific technical questions. It would be helpful to have a solid skills in excel, although it is possible to learn while working. It is also helpful to have an energetic attitude and genuine interest in fareportal, the office, and the people.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Fareportal (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Employee referral, simple phone interview. Slightly more complex panel interview, but the interviewers were stepping all over each other so it wasn't difficult to maintain control of the questions and the pace.

Interview Questions

• What are your greatest strengths? Why did you leave your former employer? What is your management style?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Fareportal in February 2015.

Interview

Be prepared, for HR's phone call process to be topical, with a huge lack of collaboration and a near "robotic" attitude that's formulaic as a "process" in their questioning/evaluation. The most mundane aspects of one's employment history are covered, the person really wasn't that swift, was expecting a more savvy, people-oriented HR professional that would be more probing.

Interview Questions

• Its not that she asked a difficult question...that would be a compliment to her....unfortunately, as our conversation progressed, her questions weren't realistic to what was at hand...she didn't listen well, was clearly presumptious...   2 Answers

Travel Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Fareportal (Las Vegas, NV) in February 2015.

Interview

Pleasant, Comfortable, Open and Honest .Questions about experience and goals and customer problem resolutions, sales, etc. They appreciate long term goals and good customer rapport as well as follow up skills and travel knowledge