Fareportal Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 2, 2017

2.7

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fareportal (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Heard back a few days after applying, immediately hired on the spot. The process was pretty painless and didn't last more than an hour. Tried to do it via Skype but they preferred it be done in person.

Interview Questions

• Why I was interested in the job, how I thought I'd contribute   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fareportal (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview itself was quite average and straightforward. I applied online via indeed, and a few weeks later I had a phone interview from HR. A few days after that I was invited to the fareportal office for an in person interview. I was asked about my experiences and interests. There wasn't any specific technical questions. It would be helpful to have a solid skills in excel, although it is possible to learn while working. It is also helpful to have an energetic attitude and genuine interest in fareportal, the office, and the people.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Fareportal (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Employee referral, simple phone interview. Slightly more complex panel interview, but the interviewers were stepping all over each other so it wasn't difficult to maintain control of the questions and the pace.

Interview Questions

• What are your greatest strengths? Why did you leave your former employer? What is your management style?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Fareportal in February 2015.

Interview

Be prepared, for HR's phone call process to be topical, with a huge lack of collaboration and a near "robotic" attitude that's formulaic as a "process" in their questioning/evaluation. The most mundane aspects of one's employment history are covered, the person really wasn't that swift, was expecting a more savvy, people-oriented HR professional that would be more probing.

Interview Questions

• Its not that she asked a difficult question...that would be a compliment to her....unfortunately, as our conversation progressed, her questions weren't realistic to what was at hand...she didn't listen well, was clearly presumptious...   2 Answers

Travel Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Fareportal (Las Vegas, NV) in February 2015.

Interview

Pleasant, Comfortable, Open and Honest .Questions about experience and goals and customer problem resolutions, sales, etc. They appreciate long term goals and good customer rapport as well as follow up skills and travel knowledge

Human Resources Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fareportal (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Fast and efficient! They use a precision hiring process and you know where you are at every step of the process. I knew how I did and got personalized feedback. At the end, I knew where I stood and the offer process was seamless. I got more and more excited as I went along.

Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fareportal (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Recruiter was pleasant to deal with but they no longer work for the company. The phone and in person interviews were done by a russian man whose english was very poor. Nobody seemed happy in the office when I came in, but the recruiter insisted otherwise. The manager was not pleasant to deal with and I would have declined an offer, but I knew from the first couple of minutes interacting with him that he did not like me.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in Fareportal   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fareportal (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

complete joke, nobody was on time, didnt seem to care, one of the interviewers had terribly strong and offensive body odor and was incredibly sweaty (this was one of the preliminary signs to not move forward with this company)

Director of Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fareportal (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

Interviewing is tricky business. I have been on both sides of the table so I know it can be challenging to find the right fit for both parties. My first clue this was not going to be a fit was when I showed up for my in-person interview and as I was walking to the building, I got a call that the main person interviewing me needed to leave and we would need to reschedule. Emergencies happen, we all know that. When I had my in-person interview, I first met with several developers. They asked me some design and patterns questions. Afterward, I met with a second team of developers, they asked me some additional questions. Admittedly, I was puzzled by a specific question they asked. It was in reference to a layered domain architecture and where to put the interface for data access. They poised that the client needs this access and the domain needs this access so it was a catch 22. They looked so sincere about this question, as if it was truly stumping them and they wanted to see if I had the answer so they could have a specific problem they were facing solved. I was puzzled because I thought their premise was incorrect. You should not necessarily use the same shared interface from the client and the domain. I personally have two; one for the client to the domain and one for the domain to the data store. Mainly I do this because the representation of the resources are usually not the same between the layers. Finally, I met with the senior manager and he asked me some personal type questions. Apparently, I did not pass their test. I never received any notice from them one way or the other; strike two! Personally, I think that is rude and unprofessional. If you ask someone to come in - I was not looking for a position, they approached me via LinkedIn - and have them come into the city twice, which is not free - the least you could do is contact them and explain that you do not think it is a match.

Interview Questions

• How to solve the interface question. I thought their premise was incorrect but it seemed like they believed you MUST share the same interface.   Answer Question

Fareportal Response

Nov 20, 2014 – VP, Human Resources

Hello there, thank you for your feedback. Sorry to hear you didn’t have a pleasant experience, we truly do our best to make the process as enjoyable as possible and are looking into these gaps ... More

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Fareportal (New York, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

The process was quick, told me what i would be doing and who i report to. Went over my qualifications, my experience. Then i asked some questions at the end.

Interview Questions

• What are my experience with media   1 Answer