Fareportal Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fareportal Interview Questions

Updated Aug 1, 2018

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Fareportal in January 2017.

Interview

Interview process was smooth. The scheduling of interviews were properly done. The HR recruiter seemed nice at the beginning of the process especially in scheduling but at the end of the process he showed his unprofessional behavior. First intro call with HR recruiter, then Phone interview with the manager - basic oops concept questions, design patterns/ principles questions. Then there was a final 2.5 - 3 hour Skype interview. Two sessions each consisted of 2 interviewers. Sessions included detailed programming questions, debugging strategies, string manipulation coding exercises, performance related questions, etc. All interviewers seemed nice throughout the conversation except the HR recruiter.
    After this final Skype interview, I never heard back! I followed up by emailing the HR recruiter twice and by leaving him a voicemail but never got a reply from him. So unprofessional and unethical behavior by the HR recruiter. A complete waste of my time!!
    On reaching out to a current employee, she said that their policies changed and are preferring only local candidates!
    Having spent time in participating in the process, a simple email stating just the result without any reasons would have been enough. Rather the HR recruiter chose to completely ignore without letting me know of the result. Must be an unprofessional amateur who is unfit to be in this industry! Probably dodged a bullet as their work environment might be so unprofessional and unethical.

Interview Questions

• Basic oops concept, design patterns, solid design principles   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fareportal.

Interview

comfortable and very engaging.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fareportal (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Heard back a few days after applying, immediately hired on the spot. The process was pretty painless and didn't last more than an hour. Tried to do it via Skype but they preferred it be done in person.

Interview Questions

• Why I was interested in the job, how I thought I'd contribute   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fareportal (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview itself was quite average and straightforward. I applied online via indeed, and a few weeks later I had a phone interview from HR. A few days after that I was invited to the fareportal office for an in person interview. I was asked about my experiences and interests. There wasn't any specific technical questions. It would be helpful to have a solid skills in excel, although it is possible to learn while working. It is also helpful to have an energetic attitude and genuine interest in fareportal, the office, and the people.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fareportal in June 2013.

Interview

Everything was very basic along with the hiring process. not too difficult or not too hard either. Simple questions like challenges, experience, etc.. You really got to meet the team that you would be working with which was great, cause you could assess if you could work with them or not.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Fareportal (New York, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

The process was quick, told me what i would be doing and who i report to. Went over my qualifications, my experience. Then i asked some questions at the end.

Interview Questions

• What are my experience with media   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fareportal (New York, NY) in September 2011.

Interview

I applied and got a call within a week from the application by an internal recruiter. Was scheduled to come in within a week to meet with the recruiter who gave me thorough info on the company, culture, environment, work and then meet with a couple people in the hiring panel to get more insight on the day to day of the role.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to make a move and why do you think Fareportal is the right company for you?   Answer Question
    • What do you enjoy most about your current job? What inspires you?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiated a fair pay. They claimed they were very performance driven and have kept up their end of the bargain.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Fareportal (New York, NY) in January 2010.

Interview

Met with my now boss and HR. HR gave me great insight about the role and the hiring manager gave me an accurate picture of what the role entailed.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They were fair.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fareportal (New York, NY).

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me, we had a quick 25 minute phoner and then we set up another phoner for me to talk with the CMO. CMO called late, and jeopardized the conversation with some truly puzzling questions that caused me to have some strong reservations about his leadership ability. Unfortunately, we never got to address those questions as he took up the entire appointment slot with his questions.

Quite concerning that a CMO would be asking such bizarrely inappropriate questions like "What should our budget be?" without an in-depth discussion of overall budgets, KPIs, etc. "What should our budget be?". Um, 50 gajillion dollars. How the hell is an outsider with no knowledge of the inner workings of the company supposed to answer that in a way that is meaningful and not just BS?

CMO also seemed quite arrogant. He seemed to think showing up late for an interview was no big deal, and didn't like the answers he received when he asked for an assessment of the company's current marketing.

Travel Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Fareportal (Las Vegas, NV) in February 2015.

Interview

Pleasant, Comfortable, Open and Honest .Questions about experience and goals and customer problem resolutions, sales, etc. They appreciate long term goals and good customer rapport as well as follow up skills and travel knowledge