Fareportal Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Fareportal

2.8

Travel Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fareportal (New York, NY) in February 2020.

Interview

The interview was all about Amadeus and the airports codes and the airlines codes,the formats of pricing and checking fare rules .The interview was all about Amadeus and the airports codes and the airlines codes,the formats of pricing and checking fare rules

Interview Questions

• tell me about your experience in AMADEUS?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fareportal.

Interview

The recruiter round was good. HM was all about the KPIs of the company and how will you make money for us. On-site was a 5hour long interview. Very hectic and a lot of technical rounds on SQL and python. A case study was also there on competitive pricing and how good you are with your thought process.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Fareportal (New York, NY) in May 2019.

Interview

Contacted directly by a recruiter. 30 minute conversation that was very positive. Business phone screen a few days later and then invited for in person interviews. Panel style interviews with 2 people per interview. Focus was on technical skills and culture fit for the company. Was told there would be a 'challenge' for next step - which is a homework assignment. Feedback after panel was they were looking for deeper tech

Interview Questions

• How do I operate in an Agile culture to drive results in a matrixed reporting structure,   1 Answer

Manual and Automation Testing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Fareportal (New York, NY) in May 2019.

Interview

I got a call from the HR. Process was smooth. There was 1 written, 3 technical, 1 managerial and Hr discussion. The process took 4 hrs. Questions were based on Java, selenium, manual testing and agile methodology.

Interview Questions

• Basic Java and selenium programs in written test. Questions on selenium and agile, bug life cycle, manual testing, process followed in organization   Answer Question

Head of Mobile (Director) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fareportal (New York, NY) in April 2019.

Interview

Fareportal advertised for a Director position and then on the interview they said the actual position was Tech Lead which turned out to be a hands-on development position responsible for fixing the defects that come from their offshore development teams. It was a bait and switch and I hope that they will be blocked from using any of the job posting sites in the future.

Interview Questions

• Would you be excited about a developer-level position for developer pay when we advertised for director position?   1 Answer

Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fareportal (New York, NY) in April 2019.

Interview

I came in for a interview for the marketing director role. When I got there the person who was suppose to interview did not show up for work. After a hour wait, someone from marketing came and interviewed me.

Interview Questions

• He asked me if I cared more about Money or Traveling?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fareportal.

Interview

The company appears to be toxic. Multiple employees told me (during MY interview) there's a cancerous trickle down effect from the CEO. Multiple employees also told me that if not for their immediate team, they would not be at the company. The fact that the team members were so upfront (almost in a self deprecating way) about the company's disarray was all I needed to decline their offer.

Phone interview followed by in person interview. The in-person was broken into two back-to-back sessions with members of the team.

Senior Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fareportal.

Interview

Common interview type. At first recruiter, 2nd technical phone screen and onsite interview with team members. Onsite interview was not structured, some interviewer were taking more time rather than scheduled and there was no time to ask questions. It seems that the team members do not interact with each others effectively.

Interview Questions

• Talk about JS objects, unit testing, designing and C# question. To write code using Angularjs, 2 more exercises.   Answer Question

Managerial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Fareportal (New York, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

Fairly quick interview process, followed by an exercise. After submitting the exercise, never received feedback or any other type of communication. It's a company that is non responsive, even to tell their applicants that they have not been selected. Very poor perception for applicants, and a poor showcase for them as an organization.

Interview Questions

• What was your most challenging work experience thus far and why?   Answer Question

Performance Data Analyst Interview

Interview

Received an email to see if I would be available for a phone interview. Returned the email saying what time I would be available and the HR person said they would call me at that time. Never received a call. Sent another email the following day to see what happened and if we could schedule another call, and never even got a return email.