Fareway Stores Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Fareway Stores

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boone, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fareway Stores (Boone, IA) in January 2017.

Interview

Quick basic HR screening call. Phone interview with technical group. Then a in person panel interview. The people were all very nice and welcoming. It is a very family oriented organization.,

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work other tech projects outside your comfort zone?   1 Answer

Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Evansdale, IA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Fareway Stores (Evansdale, IA) in August 2014.

Interview

after i got my application in they called me after about 2 days, came in and the assistant manager interviewed me, it was very professional. he was training a a full timer to give interviews so he sat in. they made me read fareways policies and stuff, took me about 5 minutes( i skipped a lot). after he came beck he made me take a math test, which i don't even think i passed and he said he would call, after about 2 days he said to come in to show me around and read more stuff about training. after that was over i was told my next day would be the hands on training. and the individual training me did well in explaining how things worked there. if i was 18 when i got the interview i would have had to wait for a background check.

Meat Department Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenfield, IA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fareway Stores (Greenfield, IA) in June 2013.

Interview

I had one interview. It lasted about 30 min. They (My Managers) asked the basic interview questions. They actually took a little bit of time and we got to know a little about each other.

Interview Questions

• There really wasn't any questions like that.   1 Answer

Courtesy Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waverly, IA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fareway Stores (Waverly, IA) in May 2011.

Interview

They told me they would call to set up an interview time when I turned my application in, I went in several weeks later and asked about the status of my application and they told me to come in a few days later to make an interview appointment, this happened a minimum of 4 separate occasions. Once I finally got the interview set up the process was rather smooth as I sat with the manager as he asked a few questions, went over necessary legal forms, took a short math test, and set up my training schedule.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hampton, IA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fareway Stores (Hampton, IA) in December 2010.

Interview

Obtained a paper job application and returned to Fareway. Received a call within the next two weeks. Assistant manger set up a date to have a one on one interview. Dress nicely, not street clothes, and be punctual. I was given a math test that I had to complete before the interview. Must pass the simple math test in order to continue to the interview phase. Passed Math test then asked questions like,
    *What activities are you involved in?
    *What is your greatest strength?
    Most of the questions centered around figuring out my work outs. I was immediately hired after my interview and told about their standard work uniform. Started to work about a week later.

Interview Questions

• Not really hard but "What is your weakness, and how can you overcome it?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation