Farm Bureau Financial Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 15, 2017

2.5

Reserve Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manhattan, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Farm Bureau Financial Services (Manhattan, KS) in December 2016.

Interview

Multi Stage with more information gained at each level. Includes testing and background check. Each stage was mutual screening opportunity. If either party didn't like where it was going we could terminate the process.

Interview Questions

• Why excites you about this role?   1 Answer

Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Farm Bureau Financial Services (Albuquerque, NM) in August 2016.

Interview

Great questions and very open with company information. No preliminary meeting with HR personnel. Meeting was with Assistant Manager who has been involved with both selling and training. Great interviewing process The interviewer asked some very pointed questions having to do with professional sales experience ... without a professional sales background, those questions would trip up an applicant.

Interview Questions

Their background check included some credit background questions which are none of their business

Compliance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Farm Bureau Financial Services (Des Moines, IA).

Interview

Went smooth. Enjoyed the process. Even though I didn't get the job I interviewed for, I was offered another. Answered all of my questions. The panel was a bit drab, but the VP impressed me a lot.

Instructional Designer Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Farm Bureau Financial Services (Des Moines, IA) in July 2016.

Interview

HR called and scheduled an immediate interview rather than screening, which was nice. Being invited to interview based upon your experience vs. passing vague HR pre-registration questions was nice. The interview was scheduled within a week and a formal email was sent with details, directions, contact information.

Interview Questions

• I was asked what my experience with instructional design was. How I managed projects, worked with team members, my experience with design programs, procedures vs. curriculum design, I was asked about how long I had been in the L&D community and if I preferred facilitation vs, designing programs. I was asked to share my experience with the business that the company does.   1 Answer

Insurance Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Farm Bureau Financial Services (Phoenix, AZ) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview was relaxed as we talked about my background and what I was looking for in a career. We talked about what makes Farm Bureau unique as in employer and as an insurance company for customers. We talked about how some agents have struggle and how some agents are succeeding.

Interview Questions

• My experience and background, what I was looking for in a company.   Answer Question

Collector I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Farm Bureau Financial Services (San Antonio, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process was different. I like that. Find out more about the candidate rather than the stats they hold. Outstanding selection process.
    What they are looking for essentially is if you will fit into their workforce. They are very selective on who they hire.

Interview Questions

• If you entered a room and a song was playing, what would the name of the song be and why?   1 Answer
    • What was your average call handling time?   1 Answer
    • Tell us about your day. How would you perform your collection calls?   1 Answer
    • What are some of your interests outside of work?   1 Answer

Actuarial Interview

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Farm Bureau Financial Services (Des Moines, IA) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied online on LinkedIn and sent my resume and cover letter. Then I got emailed by a person from HR and then set an on-site interview with two of their current employees. I entered the campus and was brought to an office then brought into a room for the interview. The interview was very scripted and had about 15 different behavioral questions.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Farm Bureau Financial Services.

Interview

they just asked me HR questions and a little about about my past experiences with programming. they did not ask any questions about programming or concepts more specifically, which was odd to me.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were working on a group project and one of the group members did not do their work? What did you do?   Answer Question

Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Farm Bureau Financial Services (Lincoln, NE) in November 2015.

Interview

I began with an in person interview, where we talked about what it's like to be an agent for FBFS. Then I was sent home with a packet of information. Two things I had to do were their "Project 150" where I find 150 people I know and put in different factors which give me a number of how "easy" it would be to sell to them. Then I also had to fill out 10 Market Research Surveys, where you had to ask them 10 questions about their current insurance coverage and if they would want t discuss their insurance options with me if I was hired.
    The second interview date came and the hiring manager had to reschedule because she had a home office meeting scheduled 4 hours away. The rescheduling never happened, instead I was given a series of questions that I had to answer which will be below. I spent a few hours working on these question and sent them back to the hiring manager. To wait two weeks before hearing anything from her. She then sent me instructions for taking the pre-licensing course, but gave me no information on what I was suppose to do exactly. I was then contacted by her assistant to get an account started with Examfx. I then emailed the hiring manager a few times asking what I needed to do, but I still have not heard anything back about three weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Why should we invest time and money into you?
      Why do you want to sell insurance?
      What could you bring to FBFS?
      Do you think you would do well in this position?
      Are you comfortable fronting costs for opening a branch?
      Answer Question

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Topeka, KS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Farm Bureau Financial Services (Topeka, KS) in September 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by the team manager and one of the senior team members. Much of it was a personality quiz asking about experiences. The technical portion was shorter because I did not have experience with some of the software they use. It took about two and a half hours.

Interview Questions

• Tell about an experience where you had to deal with a difficult situation   1 Answer