Farm Fresh Supermarkets Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 16, 2017

1.9

Interviews for Top Jobs at Farm Fresh Supermarkets

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Farm Fresh Supermarkets.

Interview

I applied online. It took a long time and a lot of jumping around to get a interview. The managers barely had the energy for it. I did a interview (easy but some difficult questions), and they hired me on the spot. A couple weeks later I got offered another job and I declined this one.

Meat Cutter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Farm Fresh Supermarkets (Chesapeake, VA) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Called me the next afternoon. Interviewed the next day and did their drug test. Now waiting on background check to be completed. Didn't give me a cutters test because I was going to need training anyway. Practically gave me the job but have to wait for background. Negotiated pay and full time/ part time status.

Interview Questions

• How long have you been a Meat Cutter?   1 Answer

Store Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Farm Fresh Supermarkets (Virginia Beach, VA).

Interview

Typical form interview. No real personality. They have an interview guide they use but it seems as if they are robots. No real probing for experience etc. They ask the same questions most companies ask. They used to have a personality test but no longer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to communicate an unpopular message to your team. What did you do and what was the result?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Normal, I was able to negotiate salary and vacation.

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Farm Fresh Supermarkets (Virginia Beach, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

It was a professional interview. They took me to their office where they asked me where I was living at the time, how I could help the company, why apply here, etc. Both the Front End Manager and the Store Manager came to the interview and wanted to make sure the interview did not add any pressure, not to make the interview uncomfortable for me.

Interview Questions

• What can you do for this company?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Farm Fresh Supermarkets (Virginia Beach, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

Brief conversation with hr and store manager. Later I spoke to the store manager and a department manager. Both interviews seemed to be looking for the same information. It took a while for HR to get back to me, the process is somewhat slow.

Interview Questions

• How flexible my availability was   1 Answer

Deli Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Farm Fresh Supermarkets (Virginia Beach, VA) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process was fairly typical for this type and level of employment. I was asked questions about former employers and employment as well as about my qualifications and skill set. I was asked a bunch of questions they use to determine certain things about my work ethic and personality. The whole process was thorough but still pretty painless.

Interview Questions

• How I would handle a situation where I found another employee stealing.   Answer Question

Produce Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Farm Fresh Supermarkets (Virginia Beach, VA) in August 2014.

Interview

I only had one interview. It was with the hiring manager and Produce Department Manager. I showed up and basically because of my backgound and experience they handed me the job. I would say the overall process was very easy.

Interview Questions

• not really any questions other than availabilty. wanted to make sure I was open to any and all hours they wanted to give me.   1 Answer

Negotiation

nothing really...started me off at what I left The Fresh Market making

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hampton, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Farm Fresh Supermarkets (Hampton, VA) in April 2014.

Interview

filled out app. online. company over look your app.if they like they call for an interview. you do have two interview if all goes. they call you to come in take a drug test. Set you up for cashier training

Interview Questions

• why you want work for this company   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Farm Fresh Supermarkets (Norfolk, VA) in March 2014.

Interview

Farm fresh generally hires for departmental positions from within so if you're a prospective employee, I recommend you apply to the front end or deli, show considerable drive, hustle, and commitment and then apply for a better position. Applied online, got a phone call about 3 days later and got asked to come in for an interview. Did what was asked of me and shortly received the job after filling out paperwork and getting a food handler's card.

Anonymous Employee in Williamsburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Farm Fresh Supermarkets (Williamsburg, VA) in May 2013.

Interview

First you fill out a standard online application and the HR will call you and conduct a phone interview before asking you to come in to the store. You will meet with HR in person and then sit down with a panel of department heads for an interview before talking with the store director who makes the final decision. If you are hired ( most people are!) then you will come back for your drug test and final round of paperwork before being signed up for your training class.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to deal with a conflict, what did you do?   Answer Question