FedEx SmartPost Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FedEx SmartPost Interview Questions

Updated Apr 4, 2017

2.1

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FedEx SmartPost.

Interview

The interview was a panel and it was very structured. All questions were behavioral based questions. They ask about 6 to 7 questions around different competencies for the organization.

Package Handler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southaven, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FedEx SmartPost (Southaven, MS) in August 2016.

Interview

I attended a sort observation on July 28th then filled out an application that was sent to my email inbox the following day. After this, I did a phone interview two weeks later. A week later, I received another phone call asking which shift I wanted. It was then that I was informed to be at orientation the following Tuesday. This was pretty much videos on workplace safety and other topics related to the job. I also had to fill out some forms on this day. Then I had to go back the next day to finish up orientation, which consisted of more videos, paperwork and training. Overall, pretty simple process.

Interview Questions

• How would you resolve a conflict between two people?   Answer Question
    • Why did you leave your last job?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you were required to learn a skill quickly and a time you had to perform your job under pressure.   Answer Question

Maintenance Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FedEx SmartPost (Detroit, MI).

Interview

The interview I had truly had an amazing time being interview. Reason being I got a chance to show my talent in such a way I was accepted. I felt welcome to show integrity, talent of a type of workmanship.

Parcel Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at FedEx SmartPost in July 2016.

Interview

Attended tour on 7/19/16, it was a basic introduction that lasted 20 minutes about what you'd be doing for ~4 hours a day. The same day they sent an e-mail to complete an application (which was basic, and I completed the same day). The next day 7/20/16 they called me with a quick phone interview, and then after they sent the background check agreement online, which I completed. One week later on 7/26/16 they called telling me my start date for orientation/paperwork completion. They said to come in a week later at 1pm, but since I applied for Twilight (5-10pm) because of my main job, I told them about it and said to instead come in at 5pm but in two weeks, which was fine for me. So don't be afraid to mention that stuff!

Interview Questions

• Describe an instance where you had to solve a disagreement between two co-workers.   1 Answer
    • How did you solve a problem that needed to be done in a timely manner but you had no time?   1 Answer

A & D Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at FedEx SmartPost (Baltimore, MD) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview uses the BAR format. Background, Action, and Result. You get about 10 BAR questions and one additional question where you explain why you are a good fit for the job. There will be 2 or 3 people interviewing you.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you kept getting interrupted while communicating something important   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at FedEx SmartPost (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

Pretty simple. I was already a temporary worker before the interview( to become a permanent worker). They just asked a few questions (none that I can remember since it's been a few years already). I'd say honesty is what got me the permanent job. The manager that interviewed me has seen how I've been on the job so maybe that was a bonus too. Just show that you are a hard worker and you're willing to handle pressure.

Anonymous Employee in Ellenwood, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FedEx SmartPost (Ellenwood, GA) in June 2016.

Interview

Really easy, simple yes or no questions and maybe one or two basic interview questions. Then they will ask what shift you would like to work if offered a position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at FedEx SmartPost (Charlotte, NC) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied online for sort observation attended sort on next day got email to apply for job online.Applied for job 2 days later got phone call on saturday,wasn't home left message to call them played phone tag for 2 days. Got email for paper work for background check to fill out online .Had interview 2 days later.WAITING!

Interview Questions

• Can you lift 50 pounds and can you work the 3pm -7pm shift.   1 Answer

Fed Ex Ground Package Handler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Earth City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FedEx SmartPost (Earth City, MO) in September 2015.

Interview

Go on-line to the FedEx website and review video for the position, submit a date and time to attend a Sort Observation appointment. Once you come in and see what an actual sort and the job will be like, you will than receive another email to go back on-line and apply for employment at FedEx

Interview Questions

• Do you think that you can do this job?   1 Answer

Parcel Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at FedEx SmartPost.

Interview

You just have to go online, find your closest Hub, and set up a time that you want to "observe a sort" (you should choose one that is during the shift you would like to work). After you observe a sort, they will send you all information to fill out application, background history, etc... After you are approved for all of that, then they will contact you about your orientation day in which you will spend all day learning and training before being put onto the floor. Very simple process