FedEx SmartPost Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at FedEx SmartPost

2.1

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Berlin, WI

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at FedEx SmartPost (New Berlin, WI) in July 2008.

Interview

Contacted by FedEx 2days after I applied. Went through a phone interview with the hiring manager from which point I was brought in for panel interview that consisted of 3 people (including hiring manager). I was contacted the week after my interview with an offer.

Interview Questions

• provide an example of working through a statistical equation as it pertains to your current job function.   1 Answer
    • What's the worst trait you've experienced with your current or past managers and how did you handle it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

FedEx was unwilling to negotiate the terms - kind of a take it or leave it.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FedEx SmartPost.

Interview

The interview was a panel and it was very structured. All questions were behavioral based questions. They ask about 6 to 7 questions around different competencies for the organization.

Unloader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ellenwood, GA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at FedEx SmartPost (Ellenwood, GA) in June 2013.

Interview

the process was so basic and so easy you could not even call it an interview. they make you come in one day and fill out an application and make you come in two days later for the orientation then call you when they want you to come in for your first day of work

Maintenance Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FedEx SmartPost (Detroit, MI).

Interview

The interview I had truly had an amazing time being interview. Reason being I got a chance to show my talent in such a way I was accepted. I felt welcome to show integrity, talent of a type of workmanship.

Dock Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FedEx SmartPost (Atlanta, GA) in September 2011.

Interview

Series of questions in the format, tell me about a time when, then tell the action and the result

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to do damage control?   1 Answer

Negotiation

ni negotiation

Dock Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at FedEx SmartPost in August 2009.

Interview

I applied for a Dock Manager position with FedEx on their website and two weeks later I was contacted by HR person who just explained me the position and asked me if I would be interested in it. After a couple of minutes conversating about my previous experience the HR person told me that she will contact me soon.

Two weeks later I got a call to set up an interview in their facility which was in a different state than me. I arrived there and was placed in the conference room with HR manager and Hub assistant manager. They tried to make me feel comfortable by talking to me in a very casual way before the actual interview started.

The interview consisted of about 15 to 20 behavior based questions, most of which started like, "tell me the time when....." They put a huge emphasis on: integrity, handling conflict situations, taking a risk, diversity, how well you get along with employee privacy policies, how motivated you are and so on. So make sure to have a story with all of these things in them for sure.

After this interview, the assistant Hub manager gave me a tour guide of the facility while we were waiting for Hub manager to get done with his conference call.

The second interview that day was with a Hub manager and it was pretty straight forward with same type of questions. This time it was more about me reaching my goals type of questions than what did I do in certain situation.

The whole interview took me about 3 hours to complete and I got a paycheck for 0.49 cents per every mile that I drove to the interview which is more than enough to cover my gas expenses.

A week later I got contacted by HR manager again and she told me that I will have my other round interview the next day in a morning with Regional Operations Manager.

Depending on who is interviewing you for this last round, your experience will vary but for me it was this serious guy who was asking questions about your personality more than anything. On this part you should not mess up because this right here can cause you a job offer. So I went through this interview and was not really sure if I will get a job because I did mess up twice during our conversation.

A week later I received a call from HR manager and got a job offer. I was very excited to take it because of the great culture that I would be working in. All of the employees of FedEx SmartPost look very happy doing whatever they are doing.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe a manager?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about the time when you demonstrated your integrity.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Southaven, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FedEx SmartPost (Southaven, MS) in August 2016.

Interview

I attended a sort observation on July 28th then filled out an application that was sent to my email inbox the following day. After this, I did a phone interview two weeks later. A week later, I received another phone call asking which shift I wanted. It was then that I was informed to be at orientation the following Tuesday. This was pretty much videos on workplace safety and other topics related to the job. I also had to fill out some forms on this day. Then I had to go back the next day to finish up orientation, which consisted of more videos, paperwork and training. Overall, pretty simple process.

Interview Questions

• How would you resolve a conflict between two people?   Answer Question
    • Why did you leave your last job?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you were required to learn a skill quickly and a time you had to perform your job under pressure.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Grove City, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at FedEx SmartPost (Grove City, OH) in September 2017.

Interview

It was pleasant and short. I got to the facility, was asked about five questions and told when I could start. I asked her a few in return, thanked her and left.

Interview Questions

• Can you work for five consecutive hours without a break?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FedEx SmartPost (Chino, CA) in July 2018.

Interview

You apply online, you get a phone call, you better answer that call, you better take that interview the day they tell you otherwise you forget about you and move on and your opportunity is gone.

Interview Questions

• The don't ask any questions. They just want to know if you're living, breathing, capable of lifting 75lbs and if you're record is clean.   1 Answer

Truck Unloader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chino, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at FedEx SmartPost (Chino, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

Quick and easy got the job pretty quick when I needed it.over all it was a fast process got me working within a few days without waiting for weeks.they also had a big meeting to hire lots of workers do to holiday season which was good as well.

Interview Questions

• Am I able to lift 50 pounds and higher   1 Answer