Federal-Mogul Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Federal-Mogul Interview Questions

Updated Mar 22, 2017

2.4

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Federal-Mogul.

Interview

I was flown to the city of the interview, put up in a hotel for two nights, and my meals and transportation were taken care of.
    I met the interviewer and engineering manager, answered their questions about my experience, asked a few of my own about culture, workplace, and future opportunities

Interview Questions

• When you have multiple objectives deliverable to different managers, how do you handle your scheduling?   Answer Question

Inspector Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Federal-Mogul (Cambridge, OH).

Interview

Very Laid Back. Job History, work ethic., opurtunity for advancement, overtime, what shift etc etc etc
    had three interviews. all were laid back. a lot of joking around. safety first

Interview Questions

• If I had any friends or family members that were employed There   Answer Question

Product Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Federal-Mogul.

Interview

Took a year to go thru the process. Pretty standard questions and evaluation process. Nothing special or difficult to report. Multiple people were involved. Very lengthy interviewing process. Management took long time making the hiring decision.

Site Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waupun, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Federal-Mogul (Waupun, WI).

Interview

Phone interview with HR. In person/phone interview with supervisor, Plant Manager, HR Manager, individual in same position from another plant. I was then given a tour of the facility. I was informed 2 weeks later i did not get the position, followed by a phone call 2 weeks later asking me if i was still interested. The other candidate did not like not having a local supervisor.

Interview Questions

• If i minded working for a supervisor and manager that was not on site.   Answer Question

Maintenance Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Federal-Mogul (El Paso, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Done with three persons and were very polite. Maintenance Manager, Maintenance Supevisor and a Senior PLC Maintenance person.it was also bilingual, English and Spanish.
    The interview covered a wide range of questions related to maintenance experience and knowledge. Examples of problems and scenarios were give to expract more precise skills and knowledge on the applicant. Electrical and mechanical preferences were asked.

Interview Questions

• Experience and knowledge history on all related maintenance jobs, electrical, mechanical, shop, machine shop experience, senarion handling especially with current employee confkicts and handling, troubleshooting techniques electrical and mechanical, shifts available for work, overtime availability, examples of maintenance repairs with past employers, saleries obtain with past employers, jobs skills, experiences etc.   1 Answer

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manitowoc, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Federal-Mogul (Manitowoc, WI) in October 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with a recruiter and then F2F with HR. After being contacted by the recruiter, I waited a month to respond back for an interview and should have stuck with what my intuition was telling me. I was more than qualified for the role having been an HR Manager for many, many years. I had been informed that they were being very selective about filling the position and apparently, they had hired someone who left the position only after a couple days. That told me what I needed right there but I had to finish the interview. They were looking for change due to the expectations that had been cemented throughout the years. Discussion seemed to dwell on how different manufacturing companies were from other companies and it was obvious they were looking for someone with that background. I knew before I left that I would never want to work at this company or management. Knowing that they were looking for someone who worked recently at a manufacturing facility, I knew I wasn't going to get an offer. They always have to give some feedback as to why they were passing you over but they reason they gave me was absolutely not factual. Again, it didn't matter as I would have never accepted a position at this company. Read the reviews, that's all you need to know.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my manufacturing background.   1 Answer

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Smyrna, TN

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Federal-Mogul (Smyrna, TN).

Interview

Applied online got a call back fast. Interview 1 was good and was called back for another interview. I felt both interview went well. The HR manager seemed snooty probably the one who rejected me because everyone else was warm towards me. They gave me a timeline of when they would pick someone, well it's been a minute so that's how I knew I wasn't the 1 picked. I guess they didn't have the courtesy to send a rejection letter after me and a few others went through the trouble to show up. It's all a game. I'm glad I don't work here...classless!

Assembly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Skokie, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Federal-Mogul (Skokie, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online... waited for a call back that took months... went in for a test... passed test... sat down and did a brief interview with two scary looking guys... got a call back to do a drug test and they shaved my head... waited a month for the results... was emailed an offer letter (which was a totally different offer than I expected)... accepted it... was called in for the first day a week later... then went to orientation for over 2 hours, but was only paid for 1.5

Interview Questions

• Previous employer, why wasn't I there anymore, what kind of related experience did I have, where did I live (which was on the paper as I pointed that out while telling him), and how would I be an asset to the company.   1 Answer

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Federal-Mogul (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

It was a phone interview. Received an email around after 2 weeks of online application. The recruiter basically check your previous relevant experience. The duration of your previous experience matters a lot.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Skokie, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Federal-Mogul (Skokie, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

Was contacted through e-mail to set up a phone interview. After phone interview, was contacted by e-mail to set up an in person interview. In person interview as conducted at HR, met with several different engineering managers and answered their individual questions and was explained the different projects they had planned.