Federal-Mogul Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 29, 2017

2.5

HR Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blacksburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Federal-Mogul (Blacksburg, VA) in September 2017.

Interview

I received an email to do a phone interview. After the phone interview was complete I was invited on site to their Virginia facility. During the first 15 minutes of my interview only one HR interviewer was present. During this time she talked about how ridiculous it is that 30% of her employees are on intermittent leave - just very unprofessional towards her employees. After about 15 minutes the HR manager came in. They talked to me about the schedule - how it's usually an "8am-5pm" but "3 days a week they had to come in at 6am and last night we had to come in at 11pm."

Overall I got the feeling that these HR members did not respect their employees. About halfway through the interview I decided I was done with this company and I'm sure that showed through. I did complete the interview, but I would not work for them, nor would I recommend working for them. If a member from corporate reads this review, I strongly advise looking into their leadership team.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable working 50+ hour weeks?   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Federal-Mogul (Detroit, MI) in August 2017.

Interview

Two stages of interviews. Very typical resume questions. Upset at the fact they never called to say that I either received or did not receive the job. Very easy interview though.

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Federal-Mogul (Southfield, MI) in May 2017.

Interview

Very quick process. Got a phone interview email request on Friday, gave the phone interview the immediate next Monday, received an on-site interview email the same day, interviewed on-site on Friday, received offer letter on next Wednesday

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Federal-Mogul in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online, one phone interview, one video interview. Pretty easy interview, talked with hiring manager. After first interview, they decided between me and one other applicatant. Was informed a week later that I got it

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Federal-Mogul (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

Recruiter interviewed on call it was slightly tough but the Hiring manager interview was easy. I got the call from the university job fair. The company is pretty good. Though once the interview has been completed the manager told me you are the perfect candidate for a job, later on, I didn't get it that job. So still confused what was the reason. I tried to ask them but they didn't reply.

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Federal-Mogul (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

Phone Interview followed by in person interview by 4 people. The recruiter talked at length about the position and her personal feeling about the department. I was told it would be a few weeks before I heard anything positive or negative but in fact I heard nothing at all.
    No offer was extended but I don't think I would have taken the job if offered. At one point the hiring manager answered an email and replied to a text (right before her lunch). Clearly if this is how a candidate it treated, how is an employee treated?

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Skokie, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Federal-Mogul (Skokie, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

They had two phone interviews and asked me to come onsite . Then they conducted 4 interviews there for various departments. They told me they'll tell me the results in a week. one of the manager asked me to select his department if you get an offer. I was confident that i'll get through. I answered all their questions and they were satisfied with my profile. Then no response from the HR for 2 weeks. When i mailed her about it, she set up another interview with another manager. That interview went well too. Then after a week of asking the status of the interviews, HR calls and says Sorry you were not selected. i asked the reason for their decision since i did exceedingly well and the managers said that too personally. The HR dodged my questions and cut my call. Worst interview process! Worst response from HR who does not have the courtesy to let the candidates know the results on time and the reason for decisions.

Interview Questions

• Describe your career goals?
      What are your strengths?
      What would your previous supervisor say as your weakness?   Answer Question

Rotational Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tuscaloosa, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Federal-Mogul (Tuscaloosa, AL) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with generic behavioral interview questions, then Skype interview gauging fit with Federal-Mogul. After that there is an additional round at their headquarters but I did not make it that far. After the Skype interview, my interviewer heavily implied that I would be going to the next round but I received no further communication about my status.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to be decisive and make a decision.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Federal-Mogul.

Interview

I was flown to the city of the interview, put up in a hotel for two nights, and my meals and transportation were taken care of.
    I met the interviewer and engineering manager, answered their questions about my experience, asked a few of my own about culture, workplace, and future opportunities

Interview Questions

• When you have multiple objectives deliverable to different managers, how do you handle your scheduling?   1 Answer

Product Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Federal-Mogul.

Interview

Took a year to go thru the process. Pretty standard questions and evaluation process. Nothing special or difficult to report. Multiple people were involved. Very lengthy interviewing process. Management took long time making the hiring decision.