Fellowes Brands Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Fellowes Brands

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Itasca, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fellowes Brands (Itasca, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

The HR rep contacted me and interviewed me over the phone. He led me to believe that I was interviewing for the Project engineer position. After he wasted 30 mins of my lunch at my current job he then says AT THE VERY END OF THE INTERVIEW. "There might be a little problem, we have a freelance designer that has been doing work for us for a while and hes interviewing today in person so he has a good possibility of getting the job but I'll make sure to still get your resume in front of the hiring manager and get you in here for a face to face interview for potential newly created positions and I'll make sure to get back to you on Thursday and let you know either way." This was on Tuesday, Thursday roles around and I heard absolutely nothing so I waited till the end of the day and sent him an email following up with our phone interview. He then sent me an email on Friday stating that The contractor they had been working with was given an offer and that HR interviewed me not necessarily for the project engineer position but just to have me on file for this unnamed potential newly created job that wasn't even approved yet to be funded or created! So to sum up. He lied to me about this job knowing that they were already going to make this other guy an offer, then I have to hunt him down and he tells me Friday that he just wanted to interview me to have me on file and that I wasn't even really being considered for the job I applied for and to sit tight for a made up job that he wouldn't even tell me the title of that hasn't even been approved for funding yet. Talk about bait and switch and unethical business practices. I didn't even work there and this is my experience with them. I would AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE.

Interview Questions

• Generic questions regarding the job posting, easy interview if it would've actually been a real interview.   1 Answer

Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fellowes Brands (Chicago, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

The process began with an outside recruiter, the onto an interview with HR and then the hiring manager. They lead all of the candidates down the same path, making us all believe that we were the "top candidate" and to be patient; AS THEY REPOSTED the job online!! It was beyond insulting for all of us. The upper management and HR staff are all of no real substance. A great analogy would be opening a beautiful present at Christmas and inside finding a lump of coal. This organization is all smoke and mirrors.

Interview Questions

• The most taxing part of the interview was with HR and the individual grilling you on 6 pages of questions. The HR representative gave an air of judgement.   1 Answer
    • The upper management interview was very uncomfortable and he displayed inappropriate behavior throughout. Also many of his questions were of a personal nature.   Answer Question

Na Interview

Anonymous Employee in Itasca, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Fellowes Brands (Itasca, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

HR recruiter called and within a week she scheduled interview with the whole team for 3 hours and they got back to me in three to four days with an offer. It was a very quick process

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this position?
      About my previous experiences and how I handled stress?
      1 Answer

Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Itasca, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Fellowes Brands (Itasca, IL) in March 2013.

Interview

Round robin of approx four interviews with GM/ HR & business team members. Questions not too regimented, was up to each interviewees preference/ style. I had to urge the recruiter for feedback & an offer as it felt like they were dragging their feet.

Interview Questions

• My experience & how correlates to role   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Itasca, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fellowes Brands (Itasca, IL) in February 2012.

Interview

3 rounds. round one - recruiter interview over the phone, asking basic questions about your background.
    Round 2 and Round 3 are both on-site interviews. being interviewed by overall about 7 peoples including future boss, multiple dept managers, other project managers in the team.
    each round last over 4 hours. Also, they do not take you out to lunch even though the interview passes lunch time. which is kind of weird. I was starving at the end of interview.

Interview Questions

• a lot of questions regaridng how to react in some certain situation. but they are all pretty common if you have done similar project engineer or project manager jobs in the past.   Answer Question

they did offer me the job right next day of the last round interview, which is very impressive.
    but I have other better offers.

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Itasca, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fellowes Brands (Itasca, IL) in April 2011.

Interview

Interview process for me was quick and smooth. I did a phone interview with a recruiter, then went in for an interview with the hiring manager, supply chain manager, and human resources.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fellowes Brands in May 2008.

Interview

There were a two rounds for interviewing for this position. The first was through their HR personnel on the phone and the second was face to face interviews with 5 different people. HR manager, a few department managers, and finally the VP of engineering. Overall the second round lasted about 3-4 hours. Long process.