FileMaker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 26, 2017

2.8

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at FileMaker (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

Five people interviewed me it took almost one and a half hours. Each person had their own concerns on how to deal with mad customers. Each wanted to know if I could multitask and was I a team player.

Interview Questions

• Ability to handle irate customers
      Abilities to work with minimal supervision
      Needs to be a multiplayer and must be great at multitasking   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FileMaker (San Jose, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Interviewed by phone. After, couple days, I was invited to their office, and interviewed by 3 people, each for about 30min. We talked about different things on Filemaker, about my past projects, and how I implemented them.

Sourcing Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at FileMaker.

Interview

Simple, got a few calls from different individuals within organization. Then showed up to interview and was called two hours after by HR. The offer was good and I negotiated a bit and accepted the offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Two calls and I got the offer I wanted

QA Itern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FileMaker.

Interview

Got called from a career fair selection for a phone interview. Once I passed that, I interviewed onsite and was offered a job within the following day. The interviewers were very friendly and were part of the same time I was going to be working for.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions asked me to explain about my resume   Answer Question

SoftwareWith FileMakerGO Team Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FileMaker.

Interview

I made initial contact with Apple recruiters at a campus career fair. Then, I was contacted by Apple recruiter to set up an interview time. I was told I was interviewing with FileMaker, but I didn't know which team I was interviewing with until later. The phone interview consisted of two parts: non-technical and technical. The non-technical was conducted by the team manager, then he handed it off to one of the team's engineers for the technical portion.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through the process of creating a Mail app for the iPhone.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at FileMaker.

Interview

I had a couple of phone interviews and also a 1:1. I learned a lot about the company and mostly listened to what my interviewers had to say. I ended up not getting an offer.

SQA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at FileMaker (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Four Rounds of Interview. Each round had technical questions based and QA session based on previous experience. Each recruiter gave their answer to the recruiter immediately. The reply for hiring was given immediately after the interview.

SQA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at FileMaker (Santa Clara, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Though this company is a subsidiary of Apple, and uses their hiring database, everything was done via email when I got in touch with the recruiter. Overall the process was fine, went in for an onsite interview, talked to a few people on the team I was interviewing for, very friendly. The problem was waiting for a response, I followed up later with an email to HR only to receive a concise 2 sentence rejection. I felt like that was pretty rude as they had probably made the decision much earlier than that. Very unprofessional HR and recruiting, I feel like they need to get organized.

Interview Questions

• Mostly just general technical questions, like what is the output of this program or making a simple algorithm.   Answer Question

Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FileMaker (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

It was a three steps interview. On phone, the first face to face interview and the second face to face interview. On the phone interview can be tricky. They asked a lot of technical questions. The first face to face interview met with a team member. Some more technical questions. The second one was easier though.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at FileMaker (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2009.

Interview

Made an impression on the main recruiter. He called me the next day, asking if I was interested in interviewing. Interviewed later that week with a few people in the engineering department (none of which were my future manager). The interview was no biggie... they barely asked me any technical questions, and I really couldn't have answered any anyway. I was only a sophomore at the time and had never had a completely legitimate internship. Got hired a few days later.

Interview Questions

• I really don't think they even asked me any questions. We just kinda chatted.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I had no idea you could negotiate. I was just happy to get an internship.