Firmenich Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Firmenich

1. Featured Interview

Evaluation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Firmenich (Princeton, NJ) in July 2018.

Interview

Short and to the point. It felt more like an conversation than an interview. I applied for the position immediately when I heard that it was opening up and then I started only a few weeks after that

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plainsboro, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Firmenich (Plainsboro, NJ) in April 2016.

Interview

Talked to 3 different managers. Bakery, Beverage, Collections. and they were very inviting. gave me a tour and asked if I needed anything. Interview took 2.5 hours. Some of their questions were the same but they were easy enough to answer and apply them to myself being that I had no experience in the field

Interview Questions

• Do you like to work alone or in a group   2 Answers

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Firmenich.

Interview

Absolutely the worst interview experience ever.
    They decided not to interview me over the phone. They sent me a letter congratulating me on getting an in-person interview with five people and 200 pages of market research. My task was to analyze the research and to write strategy or strategies for the brand and come up with two creative concepts and to do it all in one week time. They allowed 30 minutes for the presentation. I am sure that folks who went to business school would "appreciate" that type of assignment. As I have never before worked for Advertising agency or Consulting firm, I have not gotten acquainted with that format for the first round of interviews.
    I decided to give the company benefit of the doubt and to do the work.
    Just to clarify and to be accurate with facts: I have an MBA and over ten years of experience in marketing. Firmenich sells the ingredients into the ingredient mixture that would be sold to the end consumer. Research was for one of the CPG companies that they sell their ingredient to. I never worked for either industry and it is pretty clear from my resume.
    In a few days-time I wrote the presentation with the usual: market segmentation, customer segmentation, analysis of current market condition, competition, company and company product and product positioning, SWOT analysis of the company and company brand and product lines, goals and strategies (4Ps) that came out of weaknesses and opportunities together with two creative concepts. I thought that they are looking to see how I think and analyze research and data. WAS I MISTAKEN!
    After presentation they asked me a couple of questions. From these questions I understood that one statement in positioning was not entirely accurate (I called the brand premium and they disagreed) and the strategy was not the one they would of went with - I proposed to extend product lines as there was a demand for it on the market (in the 200 page research and it was what competition was doing).
    Right after the presentation, they told me to go home as they thought "I am not a good fit for them".
    How bad my presentation must have been, if they decided not to give me time and consideration by interviewing me. It probably was (otherwise why would they dismiss me that inconsiderately?), but I am here not to analyze my performance, but to let you know of my experience.

Interview Questions

• After my presentation, they asked me, if I went onto the company website - the one I presented about. From my perspective: I created half-an hour presentation with market,company and product analysis with pictures..etc. Was it obvious that I did?   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Firmenich (Princeton, NJ) in March 2017.

Interview

Extremely unprofessional and disorganized. Took ages to schedule interviews and resorted to radio silence in between interviews with no feedback or communication until I pushed them to respond since I had other leads. Couple rounds of interviews went very well and they seemed really impressed and even confirmed that via email correspondence. However, they took so long to get back to me after my final round that I accepted another offer in the meantime. I would suggest being wary of working here as they appear very dysfunctional.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Firmenich (Tampa, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

All four interviews were over the phone with each interview occurring with a higher tiered manager. The interview process was fair, timely, and professional. The questions were straightforward and geared to identifying the candidate's motivation. There were no trick questions.

Associate Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Firmenich (Princeton, NJ) in September 2012.

Interview

FIrst got the phone call from the HR manager, after that scheduled a phone interview from the scientist from the lab working with.

Manager Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Firmenich (Princeton, NJ).

Interview

The organization will drag the interview process out and make it seem that they are looking to hire when in reality they are not looking to hire for the role.

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plainsboro, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Firmenich (Plainsboro, NJ) in May 2010.

Interview

The interviews were one on one with 7 different people. They seem like very nice people. They did admit that they have many operationals problems since going live on SAP.

Finance Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Firmenich in June 2011.

Interview

Interview questions are based on the concept of STAR, situation, task, action, result. Be prepared to based your experience off of this sequence

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time when you faced a difficult challenge   Answer Question

Negotiation

they have set salaries, which at times are under market

Formulation Chemist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Firmenich (Lakeland, FL) in January 2018.

Interview

Call me for pre interview about the job specifications, came in for second interview in person with a few of higher ups where they asked me questions about my experience and schooling. Then talked about expectation of me in the job.

QC Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Firmenich.

Interview

Met with HR and was introduced to the policies of the location. Sat down in a conference room with 2 individuals. They each took turns asking me questions. They were pretty intimidating. I was not shown the building other than the conference room.

Interview Questions

• What questions do you have about Firmenich? What do you know about Mass Spec and GC?   Answer Question