Firmenich Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Firmenich Interview Questions

Updated Apr 17, 2017

Manager Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Firmenich (Princeton, NJ).

Interview

The organization will drag the interview process out and make it seem that they are looking to hire when in reality they are not looking to hire for the role.

QC Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Firmenich.

Interview

The interview process is based on behavioral questions. I was interview by 4 people the process took about over an hour. Be prepared to give your answers in STAR format.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you didn't get along with a coworker. How did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plainsboro, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Firmenich (Plainsboro, NJ) in April 2016.

Interview

Talked to 3 different managers. Bakery, Beverage, Collections. and they were very inviting. gave me a tour and asked if I needed anything. Interview took 2.5 hours. Some of their questions were the same but they were easy enough to answer and apply them to myself being that I had no experience in the field

Perfumer Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plainsboro, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Firmenich (Plainsboro, NJ) in August 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter to come in and interview. I spoke with the department head and then two team managers. Each asked mostly personality based questions. I was given a tour of the facility by one of the team leaders.The whole interview process took about an hour and a half. Overall pleasant interview

OBD Planner Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Firmenich.

Interview

Mostly relaxed, interview with 3 people. 2 managers and one person from HR.
    it is a long drawn out process after the interview. The waiting period lasted about 4 months before an offer was made to me. once the offer was made, there was no negotiations.

Global Account Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Firmenich (Princeton, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview process was an in-person, full day. Each interview was approximately 45-50 minutes in length and back-to-back for an entire 8 hours. Met with each member of the team I would be leading. Along with other leaders in the business. Overall a positive experience, though exhausting.

Interview Questions

• Mostly situational type questions. Also about leadership style.   1 Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Firmenich (Tampa, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

All four interviews were over the phone with each interview occurring with a higher tiered manager. The interview process was fair, timely, and professional. The questions were straightforward and geared to identifying the candidate's motivation. There were no trick questions.

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Firmenich.

Interview

Absolutely the worst interview experience ever.
    They decided not to interview me over the phone. They sent me a letter congratulating me on getting an in-person interview with five people and 200 pages of market research. My task was to analyze the research and to write strategy or strategies for the brand and come up with two creative concepts and to do it all in one week time. They allowed 30 minutes for the presentation. I am sure that folks who went to business school would "appreciate" that type of assignment. As I have never before worked for Advertising agency or Consulting firm, I have not gotten acquainted with that format for the first round of interviews.
    I decided to give the company benefit of the doubt and to do the work.
    Just to clarify and to be accurate with facts: I have an MBA and over ten years of experience in marketing. Firmenich sells the ingredients into the ingredient mixture that would be sold to the end consumer. Research was for one of the CPG companies that they sell their ingredient to. I never worked for either industry and it is pretty clear from my resume.
    In a few days-time I wrote the presentation with the usual: market segmentation, customer segmentation, analysis of current market condition, competition, company and company product and product positioning, SWOT analysis of the company and company brand and product lines, goals and strategies (4Ps) that came out of weaknesses and opportunities together with two creative concepts. I thought that they are looking to see how I think and analyze research and data. WAS I MISTAKEN!
    After presentation they asked me a couple of questions. From these questions I understood that one statement in positioning was not entirely accurate (I called the brand premium and they disagreed) and the strategy was not the one they would of went with - I proposed to extend product lines as there was a demand for it on the market (in the 200 page research and it was what competition was doing).
    Right after the presentation, they told me to go home as they thought "I am not a good fit for them".
    How bad my presentation must have been, if they decided not to give me time and consideration by interviewing me. It probably was (otherwise why would they dismiss me that inconsiderately?), but I am here not to analyze my performance, but to let you know of my experience.

Interview Questions

• After my presentation, they asked me, if I went onto the company website - the one I presented about. From my perspective: I created half-an hour presentation with market,company and product analysis with pictures..etc. Was it obvious that I did?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Firmenich (Princeton, NJ) in January 2014.

Interview

Initial contact with recruiter through job posting online. 1:1 interview with HR, four members of mgmt team (4 hours total). Back again for 1:1 with Sales Director and VP. Back one more time for 1:1 with director of another team and HR. Total was approx. 3 weeks. Interview technique was STAR based--BE PREPARED! I practiced for two days prior to first interview.

Interview Questions

• What achievement are you most proud of?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I had another offer on the table at the time, but the benefits and career advancement far outweighed the $ at this company. It was a higher offer, and I didn't negotiate. Offer was fair. What this company offers is amazing compared to others I've worked for.

Associate Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Firmenich (Princeton, NJ) in September 2012.

Interview

FIrst got the phone call from the HR manager, after that scheduled a phone interview from the scientist from the lab working with.