Firmenich Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 28, 2017

2.9

Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plainsboro, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Firmenich (Plainsboro, NJ).

Interview

Very organized and willing to accommodate your schedule. All management was very friendly and relaxed. Applied online had a phone interview the next day. 5 interviews 4 days later and I received an offer today... total process took a week and 2 days.

Interview Questions

• Multiple questions just use star format and you'll be fine.   Answer Question

QC Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Firmenich.

Interview

Met with HR and was introduced to the policies of the location. Sat down in a conference room with 2 individuals. They each took turns asking me questions. They were pretty intimidating. I was not shown the building other than the conference room.

Interview Questions

• What questions do you have about Firmenich? What do you know about Mass Spec and GC?   Answer Question

Director of Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Firmenich (Princeton, NJ) in April 2017.

Interview

January 2017. Process started by applying via LinkedIn for position. Shortly after received an email to answer pre-phone screen questions per my inquiry into the position.
    Approx 2 weeks later --After I passed the written pre-phone screen questionnaire, got invited to a phone screen.. The Company called wrong phone number even though the correct phone number had been supplied. The phone interview had to be rescheduled for several days later.
    4 weeks later (Late February)--heard back that I made it to the next step and will now speak via phone with another member of the Executive team. Interview originally scheduled for 10 AM. The Company kept postponing due to other emergency meetings--finally called at 4:30 PM
    2 weeks later (Middle of March) -- Received an email to schedule an onsite interview.
    3 weeks later (early April)--onsite interview scheduled at Corporate Headquarters in Princeton. Two (2) of the 5-person interview panelists were no shows as the Company failed to confirm Personal Time Off (PTO) or vacation. As a result these interviews were now to be scheduled at a later date via phone.
    2 weeks later (late April) phone interview with missing panelists finally scheduled (one for Monday from 3:30 PM to 4:40 PM and the other for Thursday from 3:30 PM to 4:30 PM)
    The Monday interview, the Company called the correct number but at 3:00 PM not 3:30 PM as scheduled (another poor communication issue)--had to reschedule to original time 3:30 PM.
    The Thursday interview, the Company called at the correct time 3:30 PM but called the wrong number (home number rather than the cell number that had been clearly communicated) multiple times--another poor communication)
    Finally in late May (over 4 1/2 months after initial contact) received the flush email " Although your qualifications are impressive, thanks for applying, have a nice day.
    Ironically, one of the main requirements of this job as outlined in the job description is to Hire and Retain top talent. In today's world where decision making, organization and planning, customer focus and building collaborative relationships are an absolute must to survive, Firmenich's hiring and selection process is laughable and deserves a big fat F.
    If the interview process is indicative of how decisions are made, you may want to think twice before applying.

Interview Questions

• All over the map, depending on interviewer---very disorganized. They do have one question they call a "Can" question which supposedly they ask each candidate.   1 Answer

Manager Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Firmenich (Princeton, NJ).

Interview

The organization will drag the interview process out and make it seem that they are looking to hire when in reality they are not looking to hire for the role.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Firmenich (Princeton, NJ) in March 2017.

Interview

Extremely unprofessional and disorganized. Took ages to schedule interviews and resorted to radio silence in between interviews with no feedback or communication until I pushed them to respond since I had other leads. Couple rounds of interviews went very well and they seemed really impressed and even confirmed that via email correspondence. However, they took so long to get back to me after my final round that I accepted another offer in the meantime. I would suggest being wary of working here as they appear very dysfunctional.

QC Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Firmenich.

Interview

The interview process is based on behavioral questions. I was interview by 4 people the process took about over an hour. Be prepared to give your answers in STAR format.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you didn't get along with a coworker. How did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Perfumery Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plainsboro, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Firmenich (Plainsboro, NJ) in September 2016.

Interview

Interviewer was easy to talk with, it was a conversational-kind of interview. We discussed the company, and my background and current work. Interviewer walked me around and introduced me to my potential department colleagues and showed me their operations.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company?   1 Answer

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plainsboro, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Firmenich (Plainsboro, NJ) in April 2016.

Interview

Talked to 3 different managers. Bakery, Beverage, Collections. and they were very inviting. gave me a tour and asked if I needed anything. Interview took 2.5 hours. Some of their questions were the same but they were easy enough to answer and apply them to myself being that I had no experience in the field

Perfumer Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plainsboro, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Firmenich (Plainsboro, NJ) in August 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter to come in and interview. I spoke with the department head and then two team managers. Each asked mostly personality based questions. I was given a tour of the facility by one of the team leaders.The whole interview process took about an hour and a half. Overall pleasant interview

OBD Planner Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Firmenich.

Interview

Mostly relaxed, interview with 3 people. 2 managers and one person from HR.
    it is a long drawn out process after the interview. The waiting period lasted about 4 months before an offer was made to me. once the offer was made, there was no negotiations.