First Commonwealth Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at First Commonwealth Bank

2.1

Client Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indiana, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at First Commonwealth Bank (Indiana, PA) in June 2014.

Interview

It took about 1 month from submitting application to start date. After submitting my application I had a telephone interview where a supervisor described the job, duties & expectations. He then set up an in person interview. I was notified of an offer about 2 weeks after my in person interview. HR is great & very helpful. The training process was very informative.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. I was satisfied with the hourly rate offered.

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Johnstown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at First Commonwealth Bank (Johnstown, PA) in October 2014.

Interview

Took about an hour....asked the usual questions. I was interviewed by branch manager and a human resources person. Each took turns asking me questions. They both explained to job and the qualifications to me in detail.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to meet a goal
      ...what did you to meet that goal   1 Answer

Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at First Commonwealth Bank (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

I applied online and it took them 3 weeks to contact me. The interview was quite easy. The manager took an in person interview with general questions and than another phone interview.
    * Dress formally

Negotiation

Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Johnstown, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at First Commonwealth Bank (Johnstown, PA) in January 2013.

Interview

Good interview process, very understanding friendly interview process. Asked appropriate questions. I had two interviews. Most people said they only had one. One interview was with a group of people in the richland branch where they asked a series of questions. After that interview I had to go to the windber branch for a second interview, in which two people interviewed me and it was more one and one and not as many questions as it was to figure out my personality.

Interview Questions

• How is your cash handling skills.   1 Answer

Fsa Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at First Commonwealth Bank in February 2014.

Interview

Basic interview with the hiring manager and the hr rep. Standard questions: Why are you the best candidate? Tell me about a time.. etc

Applied online and received a phone call the next week. Scheduled an in person interview and offered the position within two weeks.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a $10,000 transaction in multiple denominations?   Answer Question

Financial Services Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at First Commonwealth Bank (Pittsburgh, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got called the same day. We set up an interview for the following day. I interviewed with the hiring manager and the Lead of Financial Services. It was one of the best interviews I have been to. They asked the basic questions and also gave me a ton of information. What makes you a good fit? Tell me a time you went above and beyond. How would you count out $12,000?

I learned a lot about what I would be doing and what to expect. They were so sweet and told me I would fit perfect. I sent a thank you email that night and got a reply saying she looks forward to speaking with me soon. About 4 days later they called my references and the next day I got a call with a job offer. Quick and professional process I'm very pleased.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you came up with a solution to better a situation.   Answer Question

Transaction Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indiana, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at First Commonwealth Bank (Indiana, PA) in July 2011.

Interview

i worked for a temp agency, i went to a conference room at the main office and had an interview about the job and a few questions on why i wanted to work for the bank and did i have experience on word or excel and if i could run a copier or fax and if i would be able to answer the phone and if i have any data entry experience and i also took a typing test at the temp agency.

Interview Questions

• my experience with typing and if i new work or excell   1 Answer

Senior Business Integration Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indiana, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at First Commonwealth Bank (Indiana, PA) in November 2011.

Interview

Phone screen with recruiter, followed by in person interview with hiring manager. Subsequent afternoon of interviews and lunch with senior exec and other team members. Long delay and poor communication from recruiter subsequent to interview process was very frustrating. Probably waiting for approval of budget for headcount, for new quarter/year.
    Interviewers were engaging, friendly and smart.

Interview Questions

• Focused on personality fit, and past experience, initiatives.   Answer Question

Financial Solutions Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensburg, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at First Commonwealth Bank (Greensburg, PA) in July 2015.

Interview

It was an interior job move between departments. First I posted my application for the job, then I had to keep calling for the opportunity to interview. Finally received an interview after calling for a month.