First Derivatives Interview Questions | Glassdoor

First Derivatives Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2017

2.6

Financial Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at First Derivatives in December 2016.

Interview

Initial phone screening with HQ based out of Ireland. This was followed by a further call and a Skype interview. Initial screening went over CV and information related to the company, further interviews went into details about the programs offered, how they are structured and other specifics. Final call prior to decision recapitulated CV overview along with information related to the company, plus some extra details regarding the position itself. Have finished process and currently waiting on final decision for my application.

Interview Questions

• Please describe the Capital Markets Training Programme in detail   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at First Derivatives in August 2016.

Interview

I had an initial phone screening with a relatively friendly interviewer who asked me some questions about my resume. That being said, my initial phone screening seemed to ask for more confirmations about my resume and less about my full background.

I then had a followup interview via Skype for the position. This interviewer seemed much more interested in whether or not I memorized the program description than my actual background or skills. When I seemed to reflect only a familiarity rather than a wrote memorization of the technologies described in the training program, my interviewer became somewhat belligerent towards me.

The interview process gave me a very strong sense about how First Derivatives manages entry-level workers and how they view prospective hires.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at First Derivatives (Chicago, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

They got back to me fairly quick via email, and arranged for a telephone interview. The questions were pretty straightforward: "tell me about a time when..."
    There was one industry question, inquiring whether or not I was familiar with something. I wasn't terribly interested in the job to begin with, and so I didn't prepare at all. I'm sure though that if I was, I wouldn't have likely known the answer upon basic review of the job description.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you solved a difficult problem   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at First Derivatives in April 2016.

Interview

Initially there was a phone interview where they asked me about my resume and some other basic questions. Then a skype interview very similar to the initial phone interview but they also ask you some questions about their company. Their HR team is very nice over the phone

Interview Questions

• What are the four v's of big data   1 Answer

Financial Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at First Derivatives in April 2016.

Interview

2 Phone Interviews. The phone interviews were similar in content, the second one was from someone who seemed higher in the company but i couldn't tell for sure. Asked questions about education history and familiarity with the company. Specifically wanted to see if I knew the names of some of the products offered by the company. Also asked me to define a few basic financial terms.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at First Derivatives.

Interview

Applied online received an email shortly to schedule an interview. Was interviewed by HR it was extremely brief, 15 mins tops. The interviewer acknowledged my experience and how much I knew about FD. I was later emailed that all positions had been filled but that they were interested in keeping my resume on file in case a position was available.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at First Derivatives (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

There were a couple of phone interviews - primarily asking about your experience, roles that you have had, teams that you worked on.
    Then you come in for an in-person interview. Two rounds - about 30-45 mins each. One interview is with technical analyst and another is with someone that is more focused around the business/finance. I didnt apply for a technical BA role so even my technical interview was basic - simple questions around databases, SQL, stored procs.
    Then final round is with regional manager - very informal. Its mainly for you to ask any remaining questions about FD.

Junior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at First Derivatives.

Interview

Phone and Skype interview. Human Resources is not as responsive as I would have liked. However in the end it was fine.

Interviewers were very polite and direct with questions. Quick and to the point.

Graduate Interview

Interview

Applied for the position in US. Just got a 15-min phone interview. Only standard questions of my resume and degree and questions about FD. Waiting for the next step, a Skype interview.

Graduate Interview

Interview

Applied online and got a phone interview. Then a skype interview then another phone interview. Process took about 2 weeks. HR isn't always on top of things. For example, we had a skype interview but there was no way we could skype as no usernames or anything of that nature were exchanged.

Pretty standard interview, talk about CV, why FD etc. Research on FD and look at news.