First Financial Merchant Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at First Financial Merchant Services

Marketing Role Interview

Anonymous Employee in Medina, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at First Financial Merchant Services (Medina, MN).

Interview

You have a phone interview, a second interview with the GM and then you meet the CEO. You are expected to be yourself and be able to hold a conversation without coming off as rehearsed. It was the longest interview I've had, but very interesting to learn about the company and its values.

Agent Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Medina, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at First Financial Merchant Services (Medina, MN) in October 2015.

Interview

Hiring factory style approach that should tell you that you will not be around long. I don't care how good you are at sales, you won't stay long as they want your residuals.

Interview Questions

• Can you sell? Can you manipulate "in a good way"? "Do you have family that owns a business that you could approach"?   1 Answer

Agent Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at First Financial Merchant Services.

Interview

3 total interviews, first via phone, 2nd with HR, 3rd with vp of sales. They gave you some math or aptitude tests that didn't fit the need for the job. They show you an excel diagram that claims how much you CAN make with residuals. They claim a best best places to work award for several years but that seems because they get rid of the employees that would have a grudge or complaint. I was told by the customer service girls that the agent director position is a revolving door and they never get too close to anyone because the turnover for the position is almost 100%. Only one person has been in that position for over a year.

Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at First Financial Merchant Services (Fort Worth, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

My interview was very disorganized. Quite a bit of pressure to sign on the dotted line without being forthcoming about pay structure. The person conducting the interview was heavy on buzzwords and "making money right away" but vague on how exactly, or even basically, this was supposed to happen. I was asked nothing about my background or qualifications yet they wanted to hire me!

Interview Questions

• "Do you like to make money?" was asked multiple times.   1 Answer

Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Medina, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at First Financial Merchant Services (Medina, MN) in February 2015.

Interview

Was recruited to a sales role. However; after talking with the VP my interview went into a focus on support. It was really general conversation about past work experience and how it could be applied here.

Interview Questions

• We do things different here, are you willing to learn our way and leave some of the past experience behind?   1 Answer

Web Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Medina, MN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at First Financial Merchant Services (Medina, MN) in December 2014.

Interview

Very unprofessional. After waiting 15 minutes, they finally saw me and it was very clear that they were unprepared. They didn't even have a full job description and they were making up job duties and responsibilities on the spot.

Interview Questions

• All questions were generic in nature and most were just part of an informal conversation.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at First Financial Merchant Services.

Interview

Attended a conference call. Once I decided to join I was assigned an agent director for training.

Interview Questions

• There was not a difficult or unexpected question. On the conference call they talked about the company, how long they had been in business, the type of people they were looking for and the pay/commission/bonus structures.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. As an independent contractor on commission I was explained the commission structure. They also explained in detail the bonus structures. The other thing they explained is how often and when I would be paid.

Sales Coach Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at First Financial Merchant Services.

Interview

Submitted Application online and was contacted by HR. The recruiter went over my employment history and current and past responsibilities with me. I was then told I had to take a skills test in order to be considered for an interview. The recruiter emailed me the instructions for taking the online tests and said she would get back to me as soon as she had the results. The test felt like a watered down version of an IQ test and then moved onto a full on personality test. I thought it a little "out there" but figured this may be helpful to weed out those who may not share core values with the company.
    I was contacted by the recruiter after the results were in as she said she would, and she very excitedly told me that the VP of sales would be contacting me the next day for a phone interview. I must mention that several times during my conversations with her , she told me about the founders love for motivational speakers/speaking and referenced her numerous trips to Tony Robbins seminars paid for by the company. She spoke to me about the work hard play hard corporate culture, and once we were interrupted because her coworkers were shooting nerf guns over her head - I am not kidding NERF GUNS!!
    I received a call the next day from the VP of sales and after two or three questions- he explained I did not have the type of experience they were looking for and ended the call. Although I can completely understand that sometimes it is not a fit, but the HR person at the company knew exactly what my qualifications were - and she sent me through. What a waste of time - for all in involved.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Medina, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at First Financial Merchant Services (Medina, MN) in November 2008.

Interview

You meet with multiple members of the team either through phone or in person in the interview process. They make sure the candidate is not only the right fit for the position but also the company. They are very thorough and I appreciate that when looking for a place to work.

Interview Questions

• You have to "sell" during the interview. Which is fine if you are in sales and looking for a sales company.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Good. They listen to what you are looking for.