First Financial Merchant Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.8
John Eliason

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Director of Business Development"

Former Employee - Director of Busin in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Director of Busin in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at First Financial Merchant Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Honestly working at FFUSA was a blessing. I can assure you if your looking to work in an environment where the leaders of the company genuinely care about you than First Financial is the place for you. The possibilities at FFUSA are endless. There is a clear tracking system to show where you stand and where you need to go to achieve your goals. FFUSA has a culture that rewards hard working honest individuals. First Financial is a true family and I would recommend anyone to work at First Financial. Reason for leaving was family was relocating and it was one of the hardest decision I have ever needed to make. I will always be grateful for First Financial. Chuck Fowler is one of the most caring individuals I have ever met. He is the Vice President of the company and he will go above and beyond to help you be successful. There are not many companies at the level of First Financial where the VP of the whole company will sit down and help you grow. The CEO and Vice President will not just help you grow in your career, but in your personal life as well. I was taught things that will help me through my entire life. We call that the tootsie roll effect! I am forever grateful to have worked for First Financial and would recommend this to anyone.

Cons

Honestly if you're not willing to work hard or be coach-able this isn't the career for you.

Advice to Management

Chuck Fowler you're truly amazing and a true friend. I am forever grateful for your leadership and friendship.

2. "ISO consultant"

Current Employee - ISO Consultant in Fargo, ND
    Current Employee - ISO Consultant in Fargo, ND

I have been working at First Financial Merchant Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Strive for excellence
    Value & excellent customer service
    We Listen to customers concerns & improve their merchant programs.
    Put Business in a position that they will never leave FFUSA .

Cons

There are no cons - FFUSA is always trying to listen, learn and improve.

Advice to Management

N/A

"Awesome place to work!"

I have been working at First Financial Merchant Services part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I enjoy coming to work everyday! Everyone is a team player and very helpful. My communication skills have improved tremendously since I've been working here. Love the fun holiday-themed parties!

Cons

You have to get out of your comfort zone, challenge yourself, and don't get discouraged too easily!

"Work with fun, smart people"

I have been working at First Financial Merchant Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This is a cool office with hard working people. You learn a lot and laugh a lot. Like a family. We have breakfast waiting for us on Monday mornings and have monthly breakfast meetings.

Cons

If you don't want to work hard to build your sales business, then this isn't the right fit for you.

"Self-employed"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at First Financial Merchant Services (More than 5 years)

Pros

The opportunity to make more money and less time great management team continued support i've been working with the company for over five years he's been many circumstances where are I had problems and found help and support all the way from my Agent Director do the vice president and of course always the most helpful would be marvelous lady name Linn Her help with tech-support is unsurpassed one time she even gave out her personal phone number to help me set up a merchant after hours that's the kind of help you can expect from First Financial don't even get me started on the pay it's one of the few places you can make what you earn another words if you do the work you make the money and keep getting Paid monthly in the form of residuals I've never worked for a more honest and dedicated team if anyone wants to talk to me my number is 269-998-8524

Cons

Not much bad to say except dealing with merchants can be frustrating when they tell you they're going to do something and they don't follow through and you find yourself caring more about their business than they do it can be real frustrating the biggest problem is Probably having the discipline to get out there every day and do what you have to do it is a real career if you treat it like a real career you'll make a lot of money

Advice to Management

I guess my only advice to management would be pay Linn more keep her and Tim there forever tech-support is very important

6. "Marketing Team Member"

Current Employee - Marketing Team Member in Cottage Grove, MN
    Current Employee - Marketing Team Member in Cottage Grove, MN

I have been working at First Financial Merchant Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You are encouraged to speak your mind and always be yourself. The culture is very energetic and fun. You are working with incredibly unique individuals who are great to be around.

Cons

If you're not willing to work hard and challenge yourself, you will not thrive in this environment.

7. "Great Place to Work"

I have been working at First Financial Merchant Services full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I truly enjoy working for First Financial. We have an awesome workspace and the company makes sure that we have all of the tools necessary to do our job at the highest possible level. The people that work here are great and make everyday fun. I am proud that I work here.

Cons

Wish we had more events as a company outside of work hours to have fun as a group and get to know each other better

"Keep it real"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Medina, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Medina, MN

Pros

Everything is what you make it. There is NO perfect employer just as there is NO perfect relationship. If you are willing to work for it you can obtain it here. We have a TON of fun, we eat a lot, work hard and help others.

Cons

Sometimes we catch mice in the storage closets. We encounter many of this generations "entitled" & "privileged" minded people that think their poo poo smells like roses and someone should pay them just because.

Advice to Management

Stay positive, keep changing and recruiting those rare folk that know work ethic.

"I'm speechless"

Former Employee - Manager in Medina, MN
    Former Employee - Manager in Medina, MN

Pros

Pro means positive, right? I've got nothing for this section.

Cons

Liars, shameless, pitbull sales tactics like it's 70's car sales, use/verbally abuse workers, promise long term residuals yet make it impossible to get to that level. I'd say the CEO is a snake in the grass, but I think snake in the grass refers to intelligent frauds. This simpleton wouldn't know business if it bit him in the tail, but he's absolutely AMAZING at cheating people out of what is rightfully theirs.

Advice to Management

Quit pretending this is a real business, quit treating your entire staff like dirt and for heaven's sake please ask the CEO not to do another book. His first book, "REWIRE" should have been written in crayon.

First Financial Merchant Services Response

Nov 17, 2016 – Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your opinion and are sorry that you had a negative experience with us. REWIRE has been a helpful book and a great business tool for many others, and we are... More

"Sales Manager"

I worked at First Financial Merchant Services full-time

Pros

Decent training on understanding the merchant services arena.

Cons

THE BIGGEST LIE IS YOU WILL GET RESIDUALS (SO YOU CAN RETIRE EARLY/MAKE A LOT OF $/EARN MORE YEAR AFTER YEAR) WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENS IS THEY FIRE THE AGENT DIRECTORS (Offering them to go out and be an agent with 100% commission) TO KEEP ALL THE RESIDUALS FOR THEMSELVES!!! They bully, berate and belittle you (a lot of sexual innuendos) , even when you meet their "standards" which change week to week. The self absorbed person just wants to promote his "book" which was a joke in itself. You have to "train" agents (more like pressure) them to use the age old method of who do you know...friends/family/coworkers... etc. If they don't know a lot of merchants/business owners who take credit cards they will never succeed.

Advice to Management

Stop being greedy, stop managing people by insults and slander. Stop lying to employees or independent agents on the possibilities that only pertain to 0.01%.

First Financial Merchant Services Response

Nov 17, 2016 – Human Resources

We are sorry you had a negative experience with First Financial. This career isn’t for everyone and can be extremely challenging at times. The pay structure is salary plus commission. Just like most... More