First Niagara Bank Interview Questions

Updated Nov 8, 2016

To filter interviews, or .
Found 29 of over 29 interviews

2.5
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at First Niagara Bank

First Niagara Bank

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at First Niagara Bank

Interview

Submitted my Resume through my recruiter, Got a call within a week. Set up a meeting with branch Manager and Head Teller. I went to branch and has F2F interview.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about yourself? Previous job experience? your weakness and strengths? Willing to work extra hours/days if hired?
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Branford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at First Niagara Bank (Branford, CT) in Apr 2016

Interview

It had been a while since I had been on a interview, so I was very nervous. I arrived early, and they brought me right into the confrence room. The HR rep and I talked briefly while we waited for the owner to finish up he phone call. That helped me relax a little. Once the owner joined, he let me know they are very laid back and said not be nervous.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me why you are looking for a new job?

Anonymous Employee in Lockport, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at First Niagara Bank (Lockport, NY) in Apr 2016

Interview

The hiring process was simple and to the point. I was called for a phone interview after applying, after completing the phone interview I came in and met with a recruiter who performed a short presentation of the company, after which I began the interview.

Interview Questions
  • What research did you do on the company?

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at First Niagara Bank (Buffalo, NY)

Interview

Interview was quick and painless process. Met the manager in office for a one on one interview. Very relaxes and casual. Was introduced to staff, they were all friendly. Manager walked me through day to day operations after interview, and said they would be in touch. Got a call from HR a few days later stating i'd been selected.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at First Niagara Bank (Buffalo, NY) in Mar 2016

Interview

Simple, Purely based on past experience. The Recruiting Manager explained what process are part of organization and also explained what is expected from me on the role. HR was also quite helpful in setting up meetings and scheduling appointment at my preferable time. Overall it was quite a descent experience.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at First Niagara Bank (Buffalo, NY)

Interview

Very simple, straightforward questions. They just want to get to know you and review your previous experience if applicable. Very easy going interview. No need to be nervous. The interview itself lasted about 20 minutes to a half an hour. This was my second time interviewing with First Niagara as I had previously interned there before. Both processes were smooth and painless.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amherst, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at First Niagara Bank (Amherst, NY) in Sep 2015

Interview

At first I had a phone interview, very easygoing. Seemed excited about my experience. Immediately set me up with the Dept Mgr for an interview. That went very well, the manager was very friendly and personable. Didnt really seem like an interview, more of a get to know you and learn about the job requirement. He mentioned that he wanted all candidates to interview with his dept heads as they would be the ones I would be working with. I had a interview with 2 supervisors and although they werent as easygoing as the manager, I thought it went well. They each had a list of about 5 standard behavioral based questions that they asked and then asked if I had any questions. This was about mid Sept. I asked when a decision would be made and was told by the end of the following week which would have been Sept 25. I didnt hear anything back by Sept 29 so I reached out to the original HR person who set up the interviews. She replied that she knew the manager was making a decision and would let me know as soon as she heard anything. Never heard back from her at all. On Sat Oct 17, I received a form letter email stating that after reviewing my profile, my qualifications didnt fit their needs so I would not be moving forward in the interview process. What??? I had already gone through 3 interviews and now I am not qualified? I have over 30 yrs banking experience. When you apply for jobs online, they list all the jobs you have applied for and you usually get a standard reply back right after you apply stating they have received your application and will contact you if they are interested in going further. I have applied for several jobs and gotten immediate replies. For this particular job, I never received any sort of update along the way, it just remained blank the whole time even after I interviewed 3 times. Finally, the day I received the email stating I was unqualified, the website updated that job. Was very disappointed with the whole process and the untimely response. Will not apply for any further jobs with this company.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at First Niagara Bank (Buffalo, NY) in Sep 2015

Interview

I already work with the company as a CSR so I was looking to apply for a relationship banker within the company, since I figured it would be easier to hire someone from within. I met the branch manager and being that we started 30 minutes before the branch officially opened, it was a relaxed environment. The branch manager and her assistant were very friendly and let me know afterwards, that I had a great interview. Still awaiting a response.

Interview Questions
  • How comfortable do you feel with outbound calling? What do you try to achieve at the end of interacting or working with a customer?

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at First Niagara Bank (Buffalo, NY) in Jun 2015

Interview

Basic questions, asked about prior sales experience. I knew some people that worked there already an I was able to ask a lot of questions related to the position.

Interview Questions
  • Name a difficult interaction with a customer and how you resolved it.

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at First Niagara Bank (Buffalo, NY) in May 2015

Interview

One interview, one phone call, one mic, one love, please give me my free access now I have submitted too many reviews not to have it by now. I should only have to divulge one review or one salary in order to gain access, this is bogus. Have I reached 50 words yet?

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 29 Interviews