Cover image for First Step House

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

First Step House Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 3 of over 3 interviews

3.3
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at First Step House

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at First Step House (Salt Lake City, UT) in Jun 2020

Interview

A basic outline is a phone interview, followed by a first interview with recruiters, then a second interview with the recruiters and your potential supervisor. It's definitely not the easiest interview I've had in my life. During my interview for Housing Support I had no idea if I would get the job or not. But it's incredibly effective at getting the right people for the job, and that's what they want.

Interview Questions
  • Various experience based questions. Various behavioral questions. What mental health means to me.
    1 Answer

First Step House

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at First Step House in Aug 2019

Interview

I had a phone interview with the main recruiter for First Step House. She called 5 minutes late, seemed distracted, ADMITTED to getting distracted by an email at one point, and seemed uninterested through the whole interview. After asking questions about my background, interest in the position, etc, she asked why I left my last job. I told her why I left, and she seemed very skeptical, and seemed to want a deeper explanation or some drama along with it. She asked about it 4 or 5 times, asking basically the same question, not believing my answer (that I left my job because I wanted to grow my career in HR, and I didn't have the opportunity to do that there). Despite my qualifications, she seemed to ignore them all and got very hung up on that one point, which I feel is definitely a form of interviewer bias. She ended the interview and I never heard anything from her again.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

The latest conversations about Healthcare

Join the conversation on

Healthcare

16h

a

Therapist

Just curious if there are others out there with licenses in different health care fields? And if so how do you present your credentials on a company website or business cards? I am a registered pharmacist (30 years) and certified mental health counselor ( will be licensed this Spring). I am currently practicing exclusively as a counselor but may explore other options in the future that incorporate both fields of experience. Should I represent that I’m licensed/certified in both fields?

2 Comments

Healthcare

124.7K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/medicine-2/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=First Step House~754752
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about First Step House? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with First Step House employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at First Step House (Salt Lake City, UT) in Sep 2011

Interview

I found a job opening on the D.W.S. website for a Line Cook position at First Step House, and sent an email to Rodney Symes, the Director of Operations stating where I have been, what I have been doing (Running the Odyssey House kitchen), and that I wanted to be considered for the position. It took around a month of run arounds before I finally got word that I was to be interviewed. The interview went fine, and I told them about my criminal background and being in treatment myself at Odyssey House. And that night I was called by Rodney and offered a position as a Line Cook.

Interview Questions
  • The explanation of my background was hard for me, because I didn't want to be disqualified because of it.

Popular Careers with First Step House Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at First Step House? Share Your Experiences

First Step House logo

First Step House Careers

Cover image for First Step House

The “Whole Health” Model First Step House provides a continuum of care with four supportive pillars, including behavioral health...More

• Our Vision
  • Careers
  • Benefits

Company Updates

42 days ago

Community
4 Day Week Global , a nonprofit organization supporting the idea of 4-day work weeks, recently wrapped up a global pilot program. According to Jon Leland, Chief Strategy Officer for Kickstarter, the 4-day week is a "true win-win." Check out CNN Business's article on the pilot results at https://lnkd.in/eBGNgNCx Last July, First Step House moved to a 36-hour week (and pay increase) for everyone in the org. Many of our employees are now working a 4-day work week and the benefits have been clear: higher employee satisfaction and better productivity. 💙

75 days ago

Community
This month we are celebrating a client who cleared his record by graduating from Drug Court. He also graduated from our residential treatment program, has stable employment in a line of work he is passionate about, and now lives in a safe and stable home. This success takes WORK! Congratulations on all of your hard work and achievements 👏🏽 #Recovery #HardWork #Congratulations Are you interested in living a life in recovery? Visit our website at https://bit.ly/FSH-home-FB to learn more.

First Step House Photos