FirstComp Interview Questions | Glassdoor

4.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at FirstComp

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FirstComp (Omaha, NE) in April 2015.

Interview

From the first contact with the recruiter forward, FirstComp was timely, flexible, informative and accommodating. FirstComp kept me informed with the next steps and treated me very well. Since I needed to relocate for the interview, they made very favorable accommodations for me. During the interview, I spoke with 4 different individuals for a varying amount of time depending on their availability. The interview was very mutual, and I felt as though the individuals that I spoke with wanted to make sure the position was a good fit for both me and them.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions are usually specific to the job that is being considered; in my case, I was asked a lot of questions about culture as well as questions that alluded to my previous experiences and current skills.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at FirstComp (Omaha, NE) in September 2009.

Interview

FirstCOmp uses an outside recruiting service as well as internal referrals. I had 3 or 4 phone interviews before being flown out to their corporate headquarters in Omaha, Nebraska. The phone interviews were with an HR rep, my recruiter, then two interviews with the the East Coast Sales Manager. FirstComp is very thorough with their interview process; they only bring out the best to the final round which is quite the experience.

It started with myself and 8-10 other candidates in a large conference room (yes they put you in with the other people you are interviewing against) then the VP of sales and several higher ups within the company gave a presentation about the company. They emphasize the job being a fit for you as well as you being a fit for the company and its atmosphere Then we were handed folders which contained our interview schedule for the day. I had a total of seven face to face interviews with seven different people within the company. I interviewed with their Director of National sales, VP of Underwriting, VP of HR, two different area sales managers, their Sales Trainer, and a social type interview at the end. Each interview was about 30 minutes give or take with time in between for interaction with the other candidates. Don't let that fool you that is part of the interview process as well, they want it to be a bit uncomfortable to see how you react to it. They put us all up in a nice hotel had an intense day of interviews, took us to a cocktail reception after and then flew us back home.

It was exciting, nerve racking, and exhausting all at once but an overall great experience! I did not get the offer b/c there were some candidates with much more experience there than me, I was probably the youngest out of all of them. I would work for the company in a heart beat they treat their employees really well and give you the tools to succeed!

Interview Questions

• What sets you apart from all the other candidates you met this morning?   1 Answer
    • Would you enjoy this job?   1 Answer