Fischer Homes Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 6, 2017

3.1

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fischer Homes (New York, NY).

Interview

A panel of 3 people who entered and left the room at different times, so questions were repeated often. I found their process to be frustrating and felt to be unfair to the applicant.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Erlanger, KY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Fischer Homes (Erlanger, KY) in October 2016.

Interview

Met at career fair, had a meet and greet that night, interviewed the next day, applied online, came to a VIP event and spoke with management, was called a few days later with job offer.

Interview Questions

• What would your current supervisor say you need to improve on?   Answer Question
    • What do you like least about your job?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you had to overcome a challenging situation.   Answer Question

Sales Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Fischer Homes (Indianapolis, IN) in October 2016.

Interview

Lengthy interview. Laster around 2 hours. A lot of questions relating to my prior work. Really focused on a personality test I had to take prior to interview. They would go back and forth and ask questions relating to how I would handle, what I am comfortable with, and what I would do in different situations.

Sales Counselor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fischer Homes.

Interview

Called the sales manager and submitted my resume for review. Had a 1:1 interview and then a panel interview with the division president. From there it took about 2 days when they extended the offer to join Fisher.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were pretty to the point. Very corporate interview   Answer Question

Current Employee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Erlanger, KY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Fischer Homes (Erlanger, KY) in November 2015.

Interview

Panel interview with members of the senior leadership. The duration of the interview was expected because of the position. Many of the questions were related to my past performance, experiences and training. Maintaining the corporate culture and following the established guidelines are of the utmost importance to the hiring team at Fischer Homes.

Interview Questions

• If asked, what would your best friend say is your strength and area for improvement?   1 Answer

Construction Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fischer Homes (Atlanta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

The overall process was quick with a three step interview system. Typical elevated management level with each additional interview as you progressed through the process. Prior to final interview was required to take an aptitude type test.

Production Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fischer Homes (Columbus, OH) in June 2011.

Interview

Long process. Not quick to get back with candidate. Management not organized. Seemed so busy they could not get back with candidate when they said they would. Company appears to be growing. Very unstructured interviewing process.

New Home Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fischer Homes (Cincinnati, OH) in July 2009.

Interview

I was initially contacted by someone in HR after I had turned in my resume. I was given an initial interview by her where she asked some general questions about my sales experience and some basic situational questions. After that she told me she thought I did very well and would be passing my information along to a hiring manager.

A week later, I was contacted by a manager and another interview was set up. Once again, the interview went very well and she point blank wanted me on her team...except al lthe positions had just been filled and there were no more openings! However, she said she would pass my information along to one of her collegues at Maple Street Homes and see if he needed a position filled.

Another week passes and I am finally able to speak with him after being blown off three times earlier in the week by this guy because he was "so busy". (Apparently he was so important and busy that the couldn't even e-mail me on his ever-present Blackberry to let me know he wasn't going to be able to make a phone call, let alone keep appointments...) Anyway, the interview with that guy went very well and he said that he was going to have a "floater" position coming available in the very near future (he said in a few weeks) that he thought I would be a good fit for. However, he wanted me to come into their corporate office to interview with him face-to-face as well as the initial lady from Fischer.

Two weeks later they schedule a face-to-face interview with me in Northern Kentucky. I go in and have a GREAT interview (that lasted 2 hours!). The interview has no set questions. They do not have a list sitting in front of them. I was mostly just tag teamed by the two people I met with and there was a lot of back and forth. Again, they were asking me about my sales experience, my sales process, what I knew about Fischer, why I would be a good fit for the job, etc.

They tell me at the end they definitely want me and just need me to fill out the "real" job application. Once I had that completed, I was to call them and they would have me return with the application and they would present me with an offer. THE JOB APPLICATION IS 8 PAGES LONG...AND THE LAST FOUR PAGES ARE ESSAY QUESTIONS. Be prepared...they are very thorough! I filled out the app and called the man from Maple Street...and got no response. So then I e-mailed him as well. Three days later he sends me an email saying "sorry, there is going to be no job opening afterall. Thanks for your time."

So after a month and a half of back and forth, playing phone tag, being passed from person to person, and driving all over town I was left with nothing. I think this is probably a very good company, but it seems the right hand doesn't know what the left is doing, and vice versa.

Interview Questions

• Walk me step by step through how you think you would sell a home to a new home buyer?   Answer Question
    • Do you feel you are better suited for sales to a Fischer Homes type of customer or a Maple Street Homes customer?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fischer Homes in February 2010.

Interview

a series of 2 phone behavior based interviews