Fischer Homes Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 17, 2018

3.1

New Home Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Athens, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fischer Homes (Athens, GA) in February 2018.

Interview

There was a face to face interaction where I got to meet some of the team. Then there was a social gathering where there was interactive ways to engage in some conversation with different people within the company. The interview was then held where I was interviewing with two of the people I had met at the previous events.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in new home sales?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fischer Homes (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

Typical interview protocol: submit resume/cover letter. I went to a meet and greet event at a model home. Met with an HR rep and a Sales Manager. Had 1v1 time discussed previous experiences and career path goals. Follow up phone interview, then final interview at headquarters, where job was offered on spot. The process wasn't anything extraordinary. Follow up dates and time frame were confirmed multiple time to assure proper expectations.

New Home Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Fischer Homes (Atlanta, GA) in November 2017.

Interview

Review of my resume during interview. I did almost all of the talking. Covered my years of experience in the industry. Spoke about Fischer Homes and how they represent themselves on their website. Asked the managers how long they'd been with the company and where they were previously. The interview was a two way process to see if we were a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Which month would be the best time for me to start my employment with them.   1 Answer

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Fischer Homes (Columbus, OH) in June 2017.

Interview

There was an initial phone interview with the hiring manager, phone interview with HR, personality and IQ test, in person interview with hiring manager, in person interview with division president then the process was over

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions based on past performance in other roles   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fischer Homes (New York, NY).

Interview

A panel of 3 people who entered and left the room at different times, so questions were repeated often. I found their process to be frustrating and felt to be unfair to the applicant.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Erlanger, KY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Fischer Homes (Erlanger, KY) in October 2016.

Interview

Met at career fair, had a meet and greet that night, interviewed the next day, applied online, came to a VIP event and spoke with management, was called a few days later with job offer.

Interview Questions

• What would your current supervisor say you need to improve on?   Answer Question
    • What do you like least about your job?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you had to overcome a challenging situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Fischer Homes (Indianapolis, IN) in October 2016.

Interview

Lengthy interview. Laster around 2 hours. A lot of questions relating to my prior work. Really focused on a personality test I had to take prior to interview. They would go back and forth and ask questions relating to how I would handle, what I am comfortable with, and what I would do in different situations.

Sales Counselor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fischer Homes.

Interview

Called the sales manager and submitted my resume for review. Had a 1:1 interview and then a panel interview with the division president. From there it took about 2 days when they extended the offer to join Fisher.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were pretty to the point. Very corporate interview   Answer Question

Current Employee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Erlanger, KY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Fischer Homes (Erlanger, KY) in November 2015.

Interview

Panel interview with members of the senior leadership. The duration of the interview was expected because of the position. Many of the questions were related to my past performance, experiences and training. Maintaining the corporate culture and following the established guidelines are of the utmost importance to the hiring team at Fischer Homes.

Interview Questions

• If asked, what would your best friend say is your strength and area for improvement?   1 Answer

Construction Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fischer Homes (Atlanta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

The overall process was quick with a three step interview system. Typical elevated management level with each additional interview as you progressed through the process. Prior to final interview was required to take an aptitude type test.