Fitbit Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 24, 2018

2.9

EE Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fitbit (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

1 phone interview. After that I came on site and met with several engineers in person. Each interview was about an hour. In total, I met with maybe 5 engineers who were all very nice people.

Interview Questions

• Questions were general EE related questions. MCU, serial communication, spurious emissions, powering different devices.   Answer Question

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Fitbit (San Francisco, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

Initial phone screen which involved talking to an engineer while coding on a shared screen sort of system. Wasn't too hard a question, but I fumbled a bit with some of the pointer syntax. The engineer was very helpful, and a lot of fun to talk to, so got through the minor hiccups. Next up was a coding assignment without a "deadline", but I figured it'd be better to turn it in ASAP. Took me an entire weekend to be confident enough to submit it. Then came the on-site, where they have 2 interviewers per round. So I spent the day talking to about 10 engineers ( 2 during lunch, which doesn't really count), and I was pretty tired by the end of it. The questions weren't too hard, and were quite applicable to the job I was interviewing for. The interviewers were all nice, and made me feel quite comfortable, even though I wasn't having the best day. Didn't expect to get the job, but was pleasantly surprised when I got an email a couple days later saying they'd make me an offer! Seems like there was a disconnect somewhere. I ended up waiting a month for them to get back saying they weren't really going to make an offer after all. A really disappointing experience to say the least! But, whatever the problems with their hiring process, my interactions with the engineers did make it seem like it would be a good place to work.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Fitbit.

Interview

Fine. Nothing out of the ordinary for tech industry. Interviewers were technical people with good and thoughtful questions about myself, my goals as well as technical stuff. Questions were reasonable and average difficulty.

Interview Questions

• Describe technical/engineering info for project I worked on previously.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fitbit (San Francisco, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

I applied through the campus career fair. I had a coding challenge, followed by a short phone call to learn more about the company and my interests/background, then a 1 hour phone call/coding interview, and finally they flew me out to the SF office where I had 4 rounds of interviews.

Interview Questions

• Dynamic programming question about the longest contiguous subsequence across two arrays   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fitbit (San Francisco, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

I was contacted by the recruiter shortly after applying. I first interviewed with the recruiter and he asked basic questions about my employment history. The second interview took place shortly after with the hiring manager. The interview process progressed quickly and the recruiter was informative and available for questions during the whole process.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fitbit in December 2017.

Interview

First stage: 15 min phone screen with hiring manager.
    Second stage: 1hour Java coding interview on webex. Most of it was spent on the task that interviewer could not adequately explain.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Fitbit in December 2017.

Interview

HR -> First Round -> Final Round. Bad Experience. The Manager of the backend team is not easy-going at all. The final round consists of 2 hours and a half without any break. Never will I waste time on such a company.

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fitbit (San Diego, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

15 minute phone screen, 1 hour technical phone interview, 4 to 5 hour at-home programming challenge. The phone interview included a basic programming problem, along with numerous questions about hardware and embedded experience. The programming challenge was relevant and well-stated: it focused on bit arithmetic and data structures.

Interview Questions

• Split a linked list into even and odd members in C (using HackerRank CodePair)   Answer Question

Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Fitbit (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Process started with a phone screen with recruiter, then a phone screen with the hiring manager. Had an on-site interview in San Francisco then a follow-up phone interview. The whole process from initial phone screen to decline took over 5 months while the interviews were spread over a 3 month period. I was in sporadic conversation with the recruiters during the time but they where unable to manage an efficient process and make a decision.

Completely unacceptable, unprofessional, and highlights an in ability for a company to pick a direction, make a decision, and execute. Was ultimately declined a position when the company shared with me that decided to hire in a completely different direction for a person with different background and qualifications.

I was also disappointed with the onsite interview experience and process that was unwelcoming and didn’t give me any opportunity to get a feel for the company. Discussions were 30 minutes or less and everyone seemed rushed like they had somewhere better to be.

My guess is that the experience reflects a lack of clarity or direction in the company in general.

Interview questions where straight forward and expected for the role.

Accountant Interview

Interview

I was contacted by HR/Talent Acquisition for the initial phone screen. The call went VERY well and the contact said he would be back in touch in a few days after discussing my background with the team. He never got back in touch with me even after I contacted him with a nice follow-up message reinstating my interest.

Unfortunately this is what a lot of interviewers know - they act interested and then disappear. It's completely unprofessional to do this to a candidate. If someone takes time out of their day to discuss a position - at least tell them they won't be moving forward in the process.

This leaves a negative impression of a Company I really liked and was excited about.