Fitbit Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fitbit Interview Questions

Updated Feb 9, 2018

2.9

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Fitbit.

Interview

Fine. Nothing out of the ordinary for tech industry. Interviewers were technical people with good and thoughtful questions about myself, my goals as well as technical stuff. Questions were reasonable and average difficulty.

Interview Questions

• Describe technical/engineering info for project I worked on previously.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fitbit (San Francisco, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

I applied through the campus career fair. I had a coding challenge, followed by a short phone call to learn more about the company and my interests/background, then a 1 hour phone call/coding interview, and finally they flew me out to the SF office where I had 4 rounds of interviews.

Interview Questions

• Dynamic programming question about the longest contiguous subsequence across two arrays   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fitbit in December 2017.

Interview

First stage: 15 min phone screen with hiring manager.
    Second stage: 1hour Java coding interview on webex. Most of it was spent on the task that interviewer could not adequately explain.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Fitbit in December 2017.

Interview

HR -> First Round -> Final Round. Bad Experience. The Manager of the backend team is not easy-going at all. The final round consists of 2 hours and a half without any break. Never will I waste time on such a company.

Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Fitbit (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Process started with a phone screen with recruiter, then a phone screen with the hiring manager. Had an on-site interview in San Francisco then a follow-up phone interview. The whole process from initial phone screen to decline took over 5 months while the interviews were spread over a 3 month period. I was in sporadic conversation with the recruiters during the time but they where unable to manage an efficient process and make a decision.

Completely unacceptable, unprofessional, and highlights an in ability for a company to pick a direction, make a decision, and execute. Was ultimately declined a position when the company shared with me that decided to hire in a completely different direction for a person with different background and qualifications.

I was also disappointed with the onsite interview experience and process that was unwelcoming and didn’t give me any opportunity to get a feel for the company. Discussions were 30 minutes or less and everyone seemed rushed like they had somewhere better to be.

My guess is that the experience reflects a lack of clarity or direction in the company in general.

Interview questions where straight forward and expected for the role.

Firmware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Fitbit.

Interview

There is one hour time to complete a given linked list program. The CodePair from HackerRank is used for interactive coding and testing the program. The interviewer helps if you get stuck.

Interview Questions

• Given a linked list, return two head pointers, one for odd items in the list and other for even items in the list. No new linked list should be created, just modify the existing linked list.   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Interview

I was contacted by HR/Talent Acquisition for the initial phone screen. The call went VERY well and the contact said he would be back in touch in a few days after discussing my background with the team. He never got back in touch with me even after I contacted him with a nice follow-up message reinstating my interest.

Unfortunately this is what a lot of interviewers know - they act interested and then disappear. It's completely unprofessional to do this to a candidate. If someone takes time out of their day to discuss a position - at least tell them they won't be moving forward in the process.

This leaves a negative impression of a Company I really liked and was excited about.

Confidential Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fitbit.

Interview

First phone screen with a recruiter was very informative and engaging. The recruiter had read my resume and knew a bit about the companies where I've worked and asked intelligent questions. Wanted to know a bit about relevant challenges faced when I joined, unexpected things during, and outcomes.
    They sharer the similarities to what the role would be responsible for at Fitbit, to things I mentioned.

I had been hesitant to apply to them because of their retention problems, getting an all new management team, and terrible employee reviews on Glassdoor. However, after talking to the recruiter who was humble and honest about their current state, and desire to rise to those challenges I felt good about it.

Next step was a call with the hiring manager. That changed my perspective.

The hiring manager was new to the company. They seemed to come from a place of negativity/skepticism. Interview was like being quizzed but like a quiz questions worded like I'd already failed. No questions about relevant experience. I felt like it was a 30 minute negative test.

At that point I changed my mind about continuing, though assume the hiring manager also was less than interested in me.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fitbit in October 2017.

Interview

### Recruiter Phone Interview
    The interview was pretty relaxing. Besides the questions, he introduced the teams, one is the feature team and the other is the platform team. Each consists of many scrum teams, where there are UX, mobile, QA, and etc. There will be a 60-min technical phone interview and a long video interview, which will take about 2.5 hours and will be a mix of technical problems and manager interview.

### Technical Phone Interview
    The interview left me a negative impression. It was on the phone and screen shared via collabedit. There is pretty much noise on the other end of the phone and I need to concentrate to understand the interviewer clearly. Some warm up questions. Then two design problems. No algorithms involved. At the end, I asked for a few routine questions, like interesting internship projects in the past, etc. The interviewer didn’t know the next step. He said he would give the result to the recruiter, who would come back to be very fast.

### Final Round Interview
    The experience was extremely bad. The interviewer forgot the time and called me an hour earlier. There are three interviewers in total, and took about two hours to finish. None of the interviewers read my resume. Every one started with “What do you want to ask me”. Come on. I don’t even know you. Why do I suppose to have different questions for each of you! And I have to explain one project again and again for each interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Final Round Interview
      The first interviewer asked “8 Queens” problems. I think it’s too hard for intern interviews. I talked about the brute force solution and the (incomplete) idea of using DP. However, I made a lot of mistakes implementing the brute force one and it didn’t work out. Then came the second interviewer, a backend API team manager. Asked a lot about my project, HTTP protocol drawbacks and implementations and API design designs. Last interviewer asked a segregated list problem (memory alloc). I wrote it successfully after I understood when he meant. Then he asked how to reduce the complexity. I didn’t come up with a solution until he hinted me about binary search tree. Finally, got the idea correct.   Answer Question

Firmware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Fitbit (San Francisco, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

I met the recruiter at the campus career fair.
    After that I received a coding challenge link and passed that.
    A week later I received a call from the recruiter, following by a remote tech interview and a 'take-home exam'.
    Then I was invited to have an on-site interview.
    4 groups, 2 people each.

Interview Questions

• design a function to detect button press and release   2 Answers