Fitbit Interview Questions

Updated Nov 29, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 301 of over 301 interviews

Employee Referral11%
2.9
HardAverageEasy

Fitbit

Application

I interviewed at Fitbit

Interview

3 rounds of interview with HR, hiring manager, and panel with round robbin style of interviewers from different departments. They also gave me an exercise to complete prior to the panel interview, though it was never referenced or mentioned by anyone later.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work here?
    Answer Question

Fitbit

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Fitbit in Sep 2021

Interview

The whole process took 2 months. Since FitBit is now owned by Google, they seem to be utilizing Google and their own legacy type recruitment approaches. I had 3 interviews and they were separated by weeks and at one point almost a month. I know this process can take some time but this was entirely too long especially for applicants that are currently employed. It was all standard fare (interview with recruiter, hiring manager and another manager) but the recruiter engages Google recruiters to schedule calls. This also adds more people and doesn't seem necessary. Just adds more people to manage. My final interview had 2 reschedules which made the process very long. It was an ok experience with the exception being the time investment. That much time in between interviews brings about anxiety and has the applicant invest even more time in preparation (we naturally take more time to research etc). It also makes you question if this is how the company culture is. Everything you read online will tell you this is a red flag. Google also requires a separate application (just filling out information you already did initially) and signing an NDA regarding the questions/information shared in an interview. While understandable, I've interviewed for organizations large and small and never had to sign one in such a formalized way. In the end it took 3 weeks after the final interview to hear that I didn't get the position. I figured that was the case since I didn't hear back soon after the last interview. I was given feedback when I reached out with a phone conversation which I appreciated.

Fitbit

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fitbit

Interview

Presencial y un con tiempos de espera algo largos durante el día, pero efectivos. Diferentes personas entrevistan a los candidatos, algunas session es son en grupo, y la mayoría individuales. Al menos una de las entrevistas fue en inglés.

Interview Questions
  • Experiencia en servicio al cliente

Fitbit

Application

I interviewed at Fitbit

Interview

It was what you'd expect from an interview. Got asked some white boarding questions and was asked some mobile specific stuff. People were friendly. Company seemed cool. No major complaints.

Interview Questions
  • What you'd expect -- algorithmic and mobile specific questions

Fitbit

Application

I interviewed at Fitbit

Interview

Long day, sweaty, lots of undergraduate problems, programming without a terminal, explicit statistical concepts, implementing CS algorithms without looking them up, other words to fill up the minimum other words to fill up the minimum other words to fill up the minimum

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Fitbit

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Fitbit in Feb 2021

Interview

Odd experience where I was brought into a room for a portfolio presentation and the interviewers we 20 minutes late rushing my presentation. From there after two more interviews with marketing and an engineer I was left alone to eat lunch by myself for an hour in my interview room. 3 more interviews in the afternoon and that was it. Seemed like a poorly planned process with not a lot of respect towards my time.

Interview Questions
  • Normal questions about experience and product design approach. To be honest the questions were very basic and it made me feel like they didn't know what to ask product designers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I interviewed at Fitbit (Boston, MA)

Interview

Three rounds of interviews, with almost all of it requiring technical response. Very... mismanaged and disorganized. Seemed like most teams didn't even know the position I was interviewing for, and ended up being highly overqualified. Wasn't given any proper feedback until the end.

Interview Questions
  • Java-specific syntax and algorithm analysis. Data structures a must.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I interviewed at Fitbit (San Francisco, CA)

Interview

Pretentious talks about algorithms, about different things, questions, live coding, etc. And after hours of that they called me 3 days later, probably to haggle on the salary I asked for. They probably took the 3 days to interview other people, I suppose. I declined even talking to them as I already had another job :)))

Interview Questions
  • Some BS about algorithms, sorting, etc. Then more to the point questions about the specifics of my expertise.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fitbit (San Diego, CA)

Interview

Screening round with interviewer. 1 hour Technical Zoom call. The interviewer wanted to be creative and bring in some new coding challenge. But could not even explain the what he wanted for the whole hour. Did not even organize his thoughts before interview and paste the question in coderpad. Worst experience so far.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fitbit (San Francisco, CA) in Dec 2020

Interview

Met with the manager of the team for a brief chat on expected role performance and history of the team. Followed by two separate interviews, each with 3 members of the team I would be working with.

Interview Questions
  • How familiar are you with the techniques used by more senior members of the team?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 301 Interviews

Fitbit Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Fitbit as 40.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.88 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Senior Software Engineer and Research Scientist rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Firmware Engineer and Software Engineer roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Fitbit takes an average of 27 days when considering 321 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Firmware Engineer had the quickest hiring process (on average 20 days), whereas Software Engineer roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 39 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Fitbit according to 321 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 40.15%