Fitbit Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 14, 2018

2.9

Agile Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fitbit (Boston, MA) in September 2017.

Interview

Half hour phone screen followed by ~4 hours of in person and teleconference interviews. Additionally the hiring person stayed in touch with me between the phone screen and in-person interviews and then after the in-person.

Interview Questions

• How would you compare velocity between two scrum teams?   1 Answer

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Fitbit (San Francisco, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

I went through two phone calls for the interview process. Both the recruiter and hiring manger were a pleasure to talk to and asked thoughtful questions. We talked about the company culture as a whole as well as the specifics for the position. In the end the position wasn't the right fit for me as I was over qualified so they decided to move on with other candidates.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Fitbit in January 2014.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me through Linkedin, we sent a few emails about the position and other doubt that i had. Finally we schedule a phone call with recruiter and one of the team leaders. Phone call was really good, just chatting about my interest in joining Fitbit and what cool stuff they were doing, which got me really excited, so recruiter said that will contact me to schedule an online coding interview or a on-site interview... NEVER received that email or phone call. Five months later i received another email from a new recruiter asking if NOW i have interest in new opportunities in Fitbit, since it was NOT of interest then... terrible

Interview Questions

• just chatting about position, what they were doing and what cool technologies were they using   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Fitbit.

Interview

I had two phone interviews in December which went fine. In January, my recruiter told me that they were going on a "hiring freeze", and I would hear back at the end of January. I had an offer from another company with a deadline, which I communicated to my recruiter. The end of January passes by with no word from her. February comes, and even after multiple emails, still no word. Not even a rejection-- my recruiter actually just cut off all contact with me. Terrible experience.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary. Mostly algorithms / coding questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fitbit (Cambridge, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online, and I got a phone screen in about two weeks. They didn't make the first designated call time, and I emailed them back asking for another interview. They asked also about what I was interested in, what the company was doing, and why I applied to fitbit.

Interview Questions

• Tell me more about your technical background?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Fitbit in December 2014.

Interview

Fitbit reached out to me through linkedin, but took 2 months to get the interview process started. Interviewed for the android team and took about 2 weeks to finish the phone interviews. Waited for 2 months (with constant follow-ups) for a decision. Android team was cool but interview process was terrible. Avoid like the plague. Questions were extremely easy which was surprising to me that I didn't get an offer.

Interview Questions

• Deep copy a list of nodes (a graph).   Answer Question
    • Hashtable implementation, put, get, rehash   Answer Question
    • Design question on creating a Twitter-Flickr API. Mostly focused on UI and networking calls on an android app.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fitbit (San Francisco, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Got contacted via LinkedIn. There was an initial call with the recruiter about the opening, team, etc. This was followed by a call with the Hiring manager. There was discussion about my background, interests, the teams and projects. There was a simple coding question on collabedit. After this, there was an onsite interview with 5 people (2 pairs + 1 single interviewer) including the hiring manager. I did not do very well in the second interview. The question itself was easy, but I had a bit of trouble understanding the interviewer (soft-spoken and accent) and the way the question was framed. I think it would have been fine if I had spent a couple of minutes clarifying the requirements, which I did not do. That's on me - not on the interviewer.
    Rest of the interviews were really nice, and I enjoyed the questions. Everyone was super nice, including the interview coordination and the recruiters. Unfortunately, the team decided to pass because of the second interview. It was really nice of the recruiter to give me call and inform me about the decision. I also got valuable feedback. That was really unexpected. Overall, a wonderful experience. Given a chance, I would definitely work there and contribute to the company.

Interview Questions

• I think it's really unfair to the interviewers. Even in the absence of a NDA, I would not divulge the questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fitbit.

Interview

Phone screen followed by a coding challenge, phone interview, and finally two back-to-back Skype interviews. Everyone I talked with (recruiter and interviewers) seemed to love working at Fitbit and had a lot of good things to say about the health/fitness work culture. I got a really positive impression of the company from how friendly everyone was and what I heard about the intern program, although I ultimately decided to accept an offer elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• Overall, on the easier side. Common data structures/algorithms questions you can find by googling around. I was surprised that even though I applied for the web developer position, I didn't get any questions on Javascript (I coded all my answers in Java). In my opinion, the coding challenge was the most difficult - I used up the entire hour writing my solution but only passed 6/7 test cases.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fitbit in January 2016.

Interview

Telephone interview with university recruiter. Applied via university heard back about a month and a half later. Interviewer was friendly and not super technical. Have another interview scheduled later on.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Applied online. Got an email from a recruiter 3 MONTHS after applying. I already had accepted an offer from another company, and as a result, withdrew my application. The recruiter understood, and wanted to keep in touch for next year.