Fitbit Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fitbit Interview Questions

Updated May 28, 2018

2.9

Product Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fitbit.

Interview

It's safe to say that working at Fitbit would be an unhealthy decision based on my experience with Fitbit's Recruiting. I am shocked by their lack of professionalism and integrity. Most Bay Area tech companies show respect and regard for their candidates. Fitbit is clearly not one of them. I blame arrogant leadership for believing this type of behavior is acceptable. Then again, arrogant leadership could explain why this place is a revolving door for employees. It could also explain why Fitbit stock is down to $5/share.

I did not apply -- Fitbit's internal recruiter reached out to me. I did a phone screener with the recruiter who then tells me she'll speak with the hiring manager and get back to me. That was more than a month ago. There's no excuse for blowing off candidates, even if you're no longer interested in them. Show some integrity and get over yourself! You can tell by the reviews here that Fitbit is far from a great place to work. Fitbit needs to learn a thing or two from other tech companies, especially ones they compete against. If this is how they treat you during the recruitment process, imagine how they'll treat you as an employee.

Interview Questions

• This company doesn't follow-up with candidates, so I really can't tell you.   Answer Question

EE Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fitbit (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

1 phone interview. After that I came on site and met with several engineers in person. Each interview was about an hour. In total, I met with maybe 5 engineers who were all very nice people.

Interview Questions

• Questions were general EE related questions. MCU, serial communication, spurious emissions, powering different devices.   Answer Question

HR Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Fitbit (San Francisco, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

It was a slow paced and extremely lengthy process. I met at least 10 interviewers over phone and face to face. the entire process took more than 2.5 months, I spent 8-10 hours in all if I put together the cumulative time spent talking and meeting with different members of their HR team with simply no outcome. The recruiter and the hiring manager just disappeared without any feedback or outcome after having me spend 4 hours meeting different members of their HR team in their SF office. The team did not extend the courtesy of even closing the loop with me after expecting me to spend that kind of time with their hiring process. It has been the worst hiring experience for me as a candidate so far. it is frustrating and very disappointing to see that there is absolutely no effort from the organization to even inform the candidate on the outcome. Sending a regret email takes less than 30 seconds. I felt like Fitbit has no respect for a candidate's time. It reflects very poorly on the organization and the work ethic of the hiring team which in this case is the HR team itself.

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Fitbit (San Francisco, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

Initial phone screen which involved talking to an engineer while coding on a shared screen sort of system. Wasn't too hard a question, but I fumbled a bit with some of the pointer syntax. The engineer was very helpful, and a lot of fun to talk to, so got through the minor hiccups. Next up was a coding assignment without a "deadline", but I figured it'd be better to turn it in ASAP. Took me an entire weekend to be confident enough to submit it. Then came the on-site, where they have 2 interviewers per round. So I spent the day talking to about 10 engineers ( 2 during lunch, which doesn't really count), and I was pretty tired by the end of it. The questions weren't too hard, and were quite applicable to the job I was interviewing for. The interviewers were all nice, and made me feel quite comfortable, even though I wasn't having the best day. Didn't expect to get the job, but was pleasantly surprised when I got an email a couple days later saying they'd make me an offer! Seems like there was a disconnect somewhere. I ended up waiting a month for them to get back saying they weren't really going to make an offer after all. A really disappointing experience to say the least! But, whatever the problems with their hiring process, my interactions with the engineers did make it seem like it would be a good place to work.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Fitbit.

Interview

Fine. Nothing out of the ordinary for tech industry. Interviewers were technical people with good and thoughtful questions about myself, my goals as well as technical stuff. Questions were reasonable and average difficulty.

Interview Questions

• Describe technical/engineering info for project I worked on previously.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fitbit (San Francisco, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

I applied through the campus career fair. I had a coding challenge, followed by a short phone call to learn more about the company and my interests/background, then a 1 hour phone call/coding interview, and finally they flew me out to the SF office where I had 4 rounds of interviews.

Interview Questions

• Dynamic programming question about the longest contiguous subsequence across two arrays   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fitbit (San Francisco, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

I was contacted by the recruiter shortly after applying. I first interviewed with the recruiter and he asked basic questions about my employment history. The second interview took place shortly after with the hiring manager. The interview process progressed quickly and the recruiter was informative and available for questions during the whole process.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fitbit in December 2017.

Interview

First stage: 15 min phone screen with hiring manager.
    Second stage: 1hour Java coding interview on webex. Most of it was spent on the task that interviewer could not adequately explain.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Fitbit in December 2017.

Interview

HR -> First Round -> Final Round. Bad Experience. The Manager of the backend team is not easy-going at all. The final round consists of 2 hours and a half without any break. Never will I waste time on such a company.

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fitbit (San Diego, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

15 minute phone screen, 1 hour technical phone interview, 4 to 5 hour at-home programming challenge. The phone interview included a basic programming problem, along with numerous questions about hardware and embedded experience. The programming challenge was relevant and well-stated: it focused on bit arithmetic and data structures.

Interview Questions

• Split a linked list into even and odd members in C (using HackerRank CodePair)   Answer Question