Fitbit Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
Fitbit CEO James Park
James Park
Pros
Cons
  • "Its not certain our business model isn't a fad, so wall street has not been a fan of the stock, pay could be a little better, no 401k match(in 9 reviews)

• "Product intros are typically brutal on work-life balance(in 6 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"A great opportunity to learn, grow and make an positive impact"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Fitbit full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Work/life balance (seriously, the best I've ever had) - Opportunity to work autonomously, but also collaborate as a team with many brilliant people - Work for a company making a difference in the lives of so many people - Many greenfield opportunities. Still so much that needs to be done to grow this company and create a lasting legacy. - An incredibly supportive leadership team - Truly lives it's mission and...

Cons

- The company has had a pretty tough time setting a direction/strategy and then quickly executing against it. They were back on their heels for a bit, but are now starting to gain forward momentum again. If we can stay on track with current strategy, I am confident we will be even more successful than before. - There is no 401K match, but rumors are that it is in the works. - There is also not the gym that you would...

Advice to Management

Don't be afraid to share more. People just want to know what is going on--good, bad or otherwise. I know that there is a lot going on that we're afraid to talk about for some reason, but if everyone knew about all of the great work happening and we also talked more about challenges, it would go a long way in improving employee engagement and retention.

"HR"

I have been working at Fitbit full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

wonderful people, amazing product, changing lives

Cons

high turnover, always feel behind the curve

3. "Good but not great anymore"

I have been working at Fitbit full-time

Pros

good compensation good flexibility good movement depending on your org

Cons

losing momentum lots of disorganization of upper management not a clear vision anymore

"Great work-life balance; lack of innovation"

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Fitbit full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

- Great work life balance - Opportunity to roll up your sleeves and get work done - Opportunity to work with some really nice and talented people - Mission-driven and people really care about it - Flexible WFH policy

Cons

- Opportunity to roll up your sleeves... because you’re constantly fighting fires and cleaning up messes. - No clear path for growth; results in in-fighting among middle management - Lack of innovation/always feeling behind the curve - Unclear strategic vision from senior leadership. - Lack of alignment from senior leadership

Advice to Management

Get aligned with each other. Create real goals that go beyond “deepen engagement with existing users” and “reach more users.” Set a strategy that gets us there. Then follow through with that strategy.

5. "Decent place to work"

Former Employee - Reliability Engineer in San Diego, CA

I worked at Fitbit full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Lots of perks, and great people

Cons

Lack of innovation and vision.

• "Fun place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Fitbit full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

The work is challenging and the hours are reasonable. Fun to work with other people who are wild about fitness.

Cons

Some middle and upper management are hard to work with.

"Sinking ship"

I worked at Fitbit

Pros

Good people Still some talent left Good location

Cons

I’ve never been anywhere that felt more like a sinking ship. Everyone is scrambling to get off. Continual layoffs feel like peeling off a bandaid very slowly. It is public knowledge that execs want to shed headcount. Just get it done already.

Advice to Management

Spend that cash in reserve to do something dramatic and fast.

"Low morale, constantly changing priorities"

Current Employee - Senior Analyst

I have been working at Fitbit full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Recognizable brand. Your parents' friends will think it's cool you work at Fitbit. Employee discounts on products.

Cons

Leadership keeps changing priorities and can't deliver on promises. Inflated middle management. 20% of the people do all the work while the rest try desperately to make themselves helpful. No career pathing. Systems tools are barely working.

"Good Upside!"

Current Employee - Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Fitbit full-time for more than a year

Pros

*Strong product roadmap *Good communication from Sr Staff *Good benefits, started 401k company contribution *Very metrics driven *Put recent focus on better managing OPEX w/ good results *Likes to celebrate *Philanthropic *No debt, a lot of cash in the bank

Cons

*Need stronger accountability on meeting deliverables *Better focus on the projects w/ the bigger bang for the buck

Advice to Management

Sr team to improve on collaboration, need to ask the tough Qs to move the company forward.

"Work balance"

I have been working at Fitbit full-time

Pros

Fitbit cares their employees a lot and provides flexible work schedule for their employees

Cons

Meeting might be too much.

Found 234 reviews