Flexion Therapeutics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Flexion Therapeutics

2.7

Sort:

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Flexion Therapeutics in March 2018.

Interview

Very thorough interview process, starting with a phone screen by HR, then a phone screen with the hiring manager, then multiple rounds of in-person interviews, topped off with an interview directly with the CEO

Interview Questions

• Describe an instance where you had to make a difficult decision and what happened as a result   Answer Question

Clinical Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Flexion Therapeutics (Boston, MA) in January 2018.

Interview

I've never been through a better interview and hiring process than the one at Flexion. It was very smooth, efficient, and quick. Each person that I spoke or met with was genuine, passionate, and personable. The recruiter and hiring manager were both always available and eager to answer any further questions or address any concerns. I was consistently kept up to date with the progress and informed of next steps as quickly as possible. I could not have imagined a better experience.

Initially, I had two phone interviews, the first being with the recruiter and the second being with the hiring manager. Both were about 30 minutes long. I was then asked to come in for an in-person interview in which I met with 7 people individually, over the span of about 4 and a half hours. Each person instantly made me feel comfortable and the easy conversation made time go by quickly. I was then asked to come in the next week for a second in-person interview in which I met with 3 more people from upper management over the span of about an hour and half. My references were contacted the following week.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage and prioritize multiple tasks at once? How does your past experience make you a good fit for this role?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Flexion Therapeutics in December 2017.

Interview

I applied via LinkedIn and the recruiter reached out a couple days later. I had an initial phone call and then went in for two rounds of interviews with nine people

Quality Department Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashua, NH

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Flexion Therapeutics (Nashua, NH).

Interview

Process started with an email to coordinate phone screening interview. Few days later another email to coordinate a phone interview with the hiring manager and a week later and on-site interview with 5 people that took around 4 hours.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to know the company’s values... there were few questions regarding on your contribution with the organization using the values.   Answer Question

IT Infrastructure Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Flexion Therapeutics.

Interview

It appears that Flexion Therapeutics is still in process of establishing recruiting processes and procedures. I originally was promised clear and transparent communications. Unfortunately this turned out to be the opposite. Two phone interviews with the same recruiter (I'm assuming misplaced records was the reason for that), phone interview with the hiring manager. All questions have been answered with maximum details.
    Lastly, after finding that the position has been fulfilled (it was removed from the website) I reached out to the recruiting manager thanking for the opportunity and asked to provide some feedback for my improvement. I never got any response back. Recruiting team needs to understand that communication is the key for success and a simple 2 line follow up email is a great way to close the loop with candidates.

Interview Questions

Flexion Therapeutics Response

Mar 9, 2017 – Recruiter

Thank you so much for sharing this feedback. Our goal is for every candidate to have a great experience at Flexion, but we can’t learn and make improvements unless we hear from you, so thank you... More

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Flexion Therapeutics (Burlington, MA) in January 2018.

Interview

Flexion really impressed me with their hiring process. They were very warm and inviting and friendly throughout the whole process. The communication was great and that’s not something you see every day from other companies. Great scheduling tool. Keep doing what you’re doing!

Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Flexion Therapeutics.

Interview

Interview process was very smooth. After I applied online, I was contacted by the Flexion recruiter for an initial phone screening. A week after the general phone interview, I was forwarded to the hiring manager for the technical and more in depth interview. Each interview lasted about 30 minutes. Two weeks later I was asked to come for an on-site interview. The interview took the whole day. I gave a 1 hour presentation and met more than 10 people. I was asked both technical and behavioral questions. Flexion team were all friendly and very professional at the same time which I admired. I felt very comfortable and enjoyed their culture. Everyone seemed very passionate and fun to work with. The following week I was asked to provide professional references.

Overall, the hiring process was exceptional, professional and transparent from start to finish. The recruiter was very friendly and made sure to respond to emails and phone calls in all the steps and kept me updated on my position in the process.

Interview Questions

• Several questions around why this role? How do you work in a team based environment? How do you handle deadlines, challenges, changes etc.?
      Several technical questions about my background, previous experiences and knowledge in the field.   Answer Question