KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt
Is this your company?

Add an Interview

Florida Virtual School Interview Questions

Updated May 3, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 88 of over 88 interviews

Other5%
2.6
HardAverageEasy

Florida Virtual School

Application

I interviewed at Florida Virtual School

Interview

Interview was short and introductory. No real conversation. Interviewer seemed to be interviewing just to dwindle down their applicant numbers. Offered follow up interview; however, I rejected the follow up interview.

Florida Virtual School

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Florida Virtual School in Apr 2022

Interview

Single Panel Style interview. Questions seemed unimportant. It did not seem like a place that liked questions, or was a good place to work. Felt like I was at a funeral given the somber mood. They felt snobbish. Tried to make a joke to break the ice towards the end, and got a dead-pan. Not sure I would take the job even as offered.

Interview Questions
  • Define in your own words Polymorphism vs Inheritance?
    Answer Question
  • What do you do when you find an unsolvable problem
  • "How do you keep your skills up to date"

The latest conversations about Teachers

Join the conversation on

Teachers

1y

a

West Virginia Elementary School Teacher

Who is taking the COVID-19 Shot? Do you think all teachers should?

2,892

960 Comments

Join the conversation on

Florida Virtual School

Application

I interviewed at Florida Virtual School

Interview

The interview was smooth and precise. It was conducted in a very friendly and professional manner. I felt that my time was really valued and important. It seem,s like they treat their employees with care and respect

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Florida Virtual School

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Florida Virtual School in Jul 2021

Interview

Applied online. They called after 2 days. Virtual interview 2 weeks after that. Called 2 days later for followup virtual interview 1 week later. Recieved rejection email less than a day later. I thought the second interview was shady as the first interview went perfectly well but during the second interview the instructional leader kept saying that she was hearing an echo and that I was having technology problems. I am positive that I was not having technology problems and that this was just a test. I use Zoom and do online tutoring on my lap top all the time with no issues. They were asking very specific "name a time when..." questions and honestly some of those situations hadn't happened to me or were too specific to name so I had to give a general answer. I felt like the second interviewer was trying to test me or stump me. It felt pretty dehumanizing as I was just excited to talk about my teaching philosophies and why I'd be a great fit, but they were just focusing on question that didn't have to do with that. They cared more about disagreements I might have had with coworkers and admin. For being so "student-centered" there weren't many questions about students at all. Despite this I thought I pulled through and answered the best I could so I was surprised to see the rejection email the following morning.

Interview Questions
  • Name a time when you and an assistant principal disagreed on a situation and the outcome.
  • How would you balance work and home.
  • Name a time when you got a disengaged student engaged using technology.
  • Name a time when you disagreed with your team members and the outcome.
  • What would you do if a parent called and asked that their student get extentions that you didn't agree with?
3 people found this interview helpful

Florida Virtual School

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Florida Virtual School

Interview

Online interview with the computer over classroom experience examples and how would you handle situations plus an example lesson, followed by a zoom interview with the principal. There are hundreds of people who apply.

Interview Questions
  • What was a lesson that went badly and what did you learn from this/ how did you handle.

Florida Virtual School

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Florida Virtual School in Jan 2021

Interview

My first interview was very pleasant and lasted about 20 mins over Zoom. Made it to 2nd interview- waiting reply! Ask questions at the end and make sure to give specific situation examples

Interview Questions
  • about 2/3 questions had to do with how to help a student who is behind or how to help a student get motivated.
  • - ask them back 3-4 questions at the end

Florida Virtual School

Application

I interviewed at Florida Virtual School

Interview

The questions were very specific and gearing towards delineating real and deep understanding of one’s knowledge. There were things that I really should have remembered or said; however, I was thankful for that rigorous of an experience. It filled me with confidence knowing that the interview was so thorough.

Florida Virtual School

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Florida Virtual School

Interview

Received an email to complete a sourcing writing assessment, completed a phone screen two days later and then completed a virtual interview with the team the next day. The virtual part seemed very cold as they weren't even looking at the camera. They were turned to the side, both writing notes and did not seem very engaged. Almost seemed like they were in a rush to complete the interview and asked closed ended questions even though they were looking for open ended answers. Didn't allow time for questions as they had to get to the next interview. Felt like you were just another number in the process so maybe they already had someone selected.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want this job and how does your background relate? What are three words that describe you and how it relates to Talent Acquisition? Are you able to multitask? What is your least favorite part of recruiting? Tell me about a time you dealt with confidential information? Can you prioritize tasks?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Florida Virtual School (New York, NY) in Sep 2020

Interview

Very through interview with pretty typical teacher interview questions. Many questions based on resume. Rapport with the interviewer was good. She was very easy to talk to and friendly. The interview was more of a casual discuison rather than interview back and forth. Question and answer format.

Interview Questions
  • What is one thing you have accomplished at your school that you are proud of?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Florida Virtual School (Orlando, FL) in Apr 2020

Interview

Was reached out to after a couple of days after submitting my resume via email. Scheduled a phone interview for a week later. After phone interview I was scheduled for a Zoom Interview . About 6 business days later I received my answer on whether I was chosen or not. Staff was very nice and professional.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 88 Interviews

Florida Virtual School Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Florida Virtual School as 52.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.63 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Teacher and Math Instructor rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for FLVS Instructor and Instructor roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Florida Virtual School takes an average of 70 days when considering 96 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Online Teacher had the quickest hiring process (on average 67 days), whereas Teacher roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 129 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Florida Virtual School according to 96 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 24.07%