Food City Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 20, 2017

1.7

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Food City (New York, NY).

Interview

Easy interview, just talk about the job and then they give you a shirt and you start. They give you a tour of the store and a rundown on the things that you have to do and where everything is at.

Interview Questions

• None, it was really easy. More of a tour than an interview   Answer Question

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gatlinburg, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Food City (Gatlinburg, TN) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online on their official website and followed up with a phone call three days later. They invited me in for an interview the next day. The interview was pretty straightforward - I spoke with the Hiring Manager and Head Cashier. They asked me the standard cashier questions, gave me a cotton swab drug test, and told me they would get back to me. The following Monday they called and asked when I could start.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Food City.

Interview

I applied online, and then they called me in for a brief interview. They asked a lot of behavioral questions to assess my ability to work with the public. It was very easy and laid back. I did not have any prior work experience at the time, so they did not ask to describe past situations.

Interview Questions

• Q. How do you handle stressful situations?
      Q. Is it easy for other people to tell when you are upset?
      Q. Do you have any prior experience working with the public?   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Food City (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2016.

Interview

The main thing I thought you should know is that there is a drug test. They swab your mouth. Also should you be hired they do have (unpaid) training before you start working there. But it's not too bad. This store I think is only local but none the less they seem to have no teal policies about the training. It has been paid and sometimes it is not.

Interview Questions

• If I had any prior experience with them or Basha's (since they are affiliates).   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Food City (Chattanooga, TN) in September 2016.

Interview

Interviewed by Human Relations first, then interviewed by the store manager and Human Relations manager together. I was set up for training the following Monday, the training takes approximately 8 hours.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Food City (Cleveland, TN) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview wasn't really an interview. It was mostly confirming my availability and what I put on the application. The manager was professional in demeanor but not in actions. A job was unofficially offered on the spot, and confirmed later that day by phone call.

Baker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Johnson City, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Food City (Johnson City, TN) in May 2016.

Interview

I went in and the interview was more like a conversation than an interview and it was very easy. He was very nice and welcoming. I got a job offer on the spot. We negotiated pay and he told me the job description. We went into the next room to get a cotton swab drug test where you put it in your mouth and fill it with saliva.

Cashiering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Food City (Chattanooga, TN) in February 2016.

Interview

Very brief easy straight to the point lots of common sense questions. We just talked about the job description what I will be doing. How much I'll get paid. When I get paid. Dress code benefits and store walkthrough

Deli Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gate City, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Food City (Gate City, VA) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process went awesome. I applied online and within 4 day the HR women call to set up the interview. I had 2 interviews. The first one was with HR and Bakery Manager. And the second one was with the store manager and to take my drug test. Which was a mouth swab. You will have to but the cotton ball in your mouth and keep it in for at least 5 minutes. The whole process took about 6 days. That was 2 interview and then waiting on the drug/background check to come back.

Deli-Bakery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Food City (Knoxville, TN) in June 2015.

Interview

First I interviewed with the HR manager and the bakery deli manager. Then I interviewed with the general manager and HR manager. I was given a drug test and offered employment pending results of drug screen.