Fortinet Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.2

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fortinet (Burnaby, BC (Canada)).

Interview

There is usually a pre-questioner (phone call or skype). Then you will be invited to to a written test followed by an interview which will take about 2 hrs. After this you may be asked to do the second interview but if not, HR will ask you to do background check to finalize your application.

Interview Questions

• The written interview is about x86 computer architecture, EMI/EMC, switching regulators and PCB design. During the interview you will be asked to describe your resume and roles.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fortinet.

Interview

1st round, phone interview, 2 hrs, 4 people from the same team, network questions, OS, Linux kernel, some behavior questions.
    2nd round, on site interview, 2 hrs, 4 people from the same team, same as the first round, but an on site interview.
    3rd round, programming test, linked list delete node, implement a system function, maze.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fortinet (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

Standard phone interview with some questions regarding what's on your resume; followed by general questions from the classes you've taken in your university.

In person interview with group/panel lasted roughly 2 hours, here they ask you technical questions ranging from algorithms to brain teasers.

i.e. Operating Systems, Data Structures, etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fortinet (San Jose, CA) in June 2018.

Interview

1. phone interview, basic networking knowledge - not even CCNA level
    2. onsite - 3 coding questions for 3 hours. The maze one is a little bit hard, the other is ok.

Interview Questions

• three coding questions:

1. Maze
      2. linked list
      3. string manipulate   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fortinet (Sunnyvale, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

paper exam + face-to-face interviews, Phone interview first and then On-site. I have to say, the whole process is pretty good and better than I expected. However, they tend to recruit more experienced people than fresh grad.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

paper based testing first. a doc will sent to your mail. then you have 2 hours to finished that. after you havd finished that. sent the answer back . then they will decide what' next.

Channel Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Fortinet (Sunnyvale, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Process moved quickly and was very easy, and was more streamlined than any I have previously experienced. The hiring manager was very helpful in providing information and kept an open line of communication, keeping me up to date on where things were in the hiring process and what I could expect next.

Interview Questions

• Provide information on one negative relationship that you have made in previous roles   Answer Question

Network Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Fortinet in November 2014.

Interview

It is not very hard. But I didn't prepare well. First go through the resume. Asked something I mentioned on it. Then ask some basic knowledge of the networks. Also some of Programming knowledge. No coding in the first phone interview.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Geneva, NE

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Fortinet (Geneva, NE) in January 2016.

Interview

You sit in a room they ask a bunch of questions then you get an offer. Was real easy they are desperate. So it's not bad at all. Just be positive.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fortinet (Sunnyvale, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

1. A written test, which is not necessary for intern;
    2. Two team managers interviewed me. One asked me things I listed on my resume to make sure I didn't lie about anything, and I think he is also trying to find where my upper limit is.
    3. The second interviewer went over those questions on the written test and asked me why did I put those answers. He wants to know how I think.

Interview Questions

• Most of popular commands used in Git (since I put Git on my resume).
      Network related questions, basic to intermediate.
      Some detailed questions about my projects.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunrise, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fortinet (Sunrise, FL) in March 2018.

Interview

Very clear and concise.
    Objective detection about knowledge, skills and qualities, and perfect matching with the role and functions.
    Excellent atmosphere.
    Showed interest either on selecting the best human resource and matching the prospect employee expectations.