Fortinet Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Fortinet

3.1

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fortinet (Miami, FL) in May 2020.

Interview

I recently participated in the process of interviewing the BDM position for the Fortinet company, and I must confess that the process was exceptional. Points that I must highlight: they were very transparent, super quick to schedule an interview, give feedback, and clearly explain the steps to follow. Thank you Fortinet team for your professionalism and transparency, it was an excellent experience for me.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Fortinet (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

To date the worst interview experience i ever had. I will skip the weird phone interviews I had before and will talk about my final interview face to face. Right when i got there, there was another person with me standing outside and waiting for someone to let us in. He was a male, I am a female. We stood right next to each other. When someone finally came to let us in he came up to me and asked me specifically if I am "here to sub for the secretary today?". I replied no. Turns out the guy next to me was. I found is strange that there are two people waiting outside and he was asking only me... The guy next to me was very embarrassed for the fortinet employee apparently and he started saying that "there are not many women in tech so it makes sense". Right of the bet negative feeling walking in. I interviewed with a total of 4 people. 3 out of the 4 were super nice and great and I would work with them happily. The problem was the hiring manager. She was terrible and i felt like she wanted me to fail. She has asked me to bring some data with me so i can show her my excel skills which i found weird I was never asked to do that before. Usually in a final interview they would provide me with an assignment. 5 minutes before our interview was over (after she was pretty much telling me that i don't have the right skills) she had asked me to solve a problem that she and her team are facing everyday and expected me to solve it in 5 min without any data just from the top of my head. WHAT?! If you are facing this problem everyday how are you expecting me to solve it in 5 minutes without any data. As I mentioned before i had 3 more interviews and they went great much much nicer people that I would work with. A few days went by and the recruiter asked me if i can talk to the hiring manager on the phone. I agreed. She asked me unprofessional questions such as where did I grow up and where am I from. I am pretty sure those are not allowed. After this call few days went by and i messaged the recruiter to ask her what was going on. The recruiter replied : "sorry but X decided to pass". HELLO HOW ARE YOU A RECRUITER. DO YOU NOT HAVE ANY BASIC PERSONAL SKILLS. Like I am here putting time an effort and you reply with such a terrible answer "she decided to pass" like I am not a human being but a toy?! At this point I was really upset and happy that I did not get the job because there are just too many bad warning signs. To my surprise it did not end then. Turns out the recruiter said she made a mistake or misunderstood the hiring manager and I actually got the job (at this point i thought this company was just a one big joke). I decided just for the hang out it to hear the offer. They offered very little money and of course my answer was no. Probably even if they offered me twice as they offered I would not agree. TERRIBLE !!!!!!!!!!!!

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your:
      Excel skills, people skills (which they have none)   Answer Question

Technical Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fortinet (Plano, TX) in April 2020.

Interview

The first interview was personality based and lasted one hour. Some of the questions were tough but reasonable. The second interview was technical with two people. I felt many of the questions were in no way practical more designed as gotcha questions by a person who just passed an associate level certification. Thoroughly disappointing experience.

Interview Questions

• explain a packet header as it traverse hops along a network path   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

One week after applying online, I received an invitation from the interviewer. The interview lasted one hour. The interviewer asked me questions about the operating system and algorithms. At the end of the interview, he asked me a few behavioral questions and answered my questions.

Inside Territory Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Fortinet (Plano, TX) in March 2020.

Interview

Initial communication from a recruiter, sent two LinkedIn mail messages asking to interview. Currently content with my role, but took the interview anyway.

First conversation was very laid back, asked me about my current responsibilities and claimed it was almost identical to what I’m doing now. Instantly forwarded me to the senior recruiter.

The senior recruiter call was again very relaxed, instantly wanted to get me on-site with a manager panel to have a final interview. She claimed they needed spots filled quickly.

On-site interview was essentially a group interview with a panel of managers, all staring at their laptops and taking turns asking questions. This was completely different than the experiences I’ve read on previous ITAM interviews listed on this Glassdoor page. Once this was completed, I hard-closed on getting an offer and was able to uncover that every manager believed I was a great fit, but needed to speak to their director for a final sign-off.

About 15 minutes later, the director came in rather unprepared and seemed disconnected, asking for a resume and reviewing in front of me and asking questions as they entered her mind.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in which your manager gave you feedback and what was the result of the feedback?   Answer Question
    • If there was a scenario in which there were no managers present on the floor, how would you tackle a territory plan?   Answer Question
    • Who is a role model or someone you look up to and why?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time in which you were restless about work-related issues and what did you do to resolve the stress.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fortinet.

Interview

Reached out to by recruiter and submited resume. Heard back within a week and interview set up with hiring manager. After going through background and my security knowledge I was scheduled for calls with several other VP level individuals both technical and sales. Whole process was very efficent and Fortinet cared more about what strategies I would bring to the role than overall background. Accepted the offer within 3 weeks of the first call.

Interview Questions

• Network security has lots of competiton how would you customize messaging to reach more customers?   Answer Question

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunrise, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Fortinet (Sunrise, FL).

Interview

Great, well done, the team was prepared. Very good questions. I was able to understand about the role, company and expectation. I was always informed about the process. I felt it was a very organized structure. The interview was done by the current HR director, very professional, organized .

Interview Questions

• Panel interview very dynamic   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fortinet.

Interview

Friends help posted the resume. The hiring manager reached out to me. The whole process
     of interview is very smooth, efficient and pleasant. The HR staffs of the company are very friendly and efficient.

Interview Questions

• experiences on networking, security, storage, and cloud.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fortinet in September 2019.

Interview

I applied online (LinkedIn that led me to the career page of the company site). A couple of days later, the CSR manager set up an interview. I was warned in the email to prepare for it will be an hour and a half long. The interview itself was ran by three different people: the CSR manager, another CSR manager from Canada and a CSR lead. I honestly thought I killed this interview. Not only because I certainly had the experience for it, but I personally believed I was able to answer each and every question with confidence (and that doesn’t happen often with me). The CSR lead herself also said that my interview alone went very smoothly. At this point, I really don’t know why I didn’t get an offer.

Interview Questions

• Provide a time that you struggled solving a problem with a customer and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question
    • How can you handle multi-tasking? And how do you deal with stress?   Answer Question
    • Why are you looking for a new job?   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fortinet (Plano, TX) in August 2019.

Interview

I won't say much as most had been covered by previous candidates.

The only thing that I liked the most was the in-person technical interview, no bs questions like "where do you see yourself in x years type questions", a good 3 hours of routing and switching questions and a little bit of security and firewall. If you have a strong foundation of CCNA R/S and Security topics, you will nail this interview.

What would have made me decline their offer is not the salary entirely, but their hiring process and possibly how the TAC managers treat their teams here in the Americas (read other reviews). They were some red flags early in the process, the hiring managers there in Plano have worst to zero communication skills, you will need to send 2-3 emails before they can respond to you. It took them weeks to make their decision after all interviews and stuff. (Looks like a good number of folks had the same experience)

This had to be the worst hiring process I have ever experienced in my career. If you can't show respect to your soon to become team members, no one will want to work for you period - you are leaving a negative impression of your hiring practices. However, kudos to the guy who conducted the technical interview.

What need to be done: someone in the upper HR will need to review this hiring process before things go out of hand. We were really surprised by the hiring process of a big company like Fortinet.

Interview Questions

• Just make sure you mastered your core route/switch topics.
      No need to memorize questions if you don't understand well the technologies because you will get busted pretty quickly.   Answer Question