Found 2,067 of over 2K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Poor management and they don't take care of the employees" (in 75 reviews)
- "It's not that the managers in the sales regions are bad leaders, they're just powerless and afraid." (in 32 reviews)
- "There is no progression and no training offered to staff." (in 21 reviews)
- "Leadership at the VP level and up is poor.... You'll be amazed at how much and how little requires CEO/CTO/CFO approval." (in 12 reviews)
- "lack of diversity in some department" (in 10 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Fortinet and is not affected by filters.
- 3.0Nov 28, 2023Systems EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 5 years
Some great products. Great vision. Get to work with cutting edge technology sometimes. You can move around in the company but promote from within is declining. Unlimited PTO with your mangers approval is nice. Lots of product training.
Depending on who your manager is will drastically influence your experience. Culture is declining and getting more severe. Focus on bottom line is being pushed harder and ruthless layoffs when profit isn't what the street expects makes people nervous. Unrealistic quotas (but that isn't really new). Mangement of quota payouts is *really* poor. The good, helpful, everybody wins culture is fading as external hires dilute it (more promotion from within would help keep it). Lots of managers dont know what they are doing because they are new. Trying to get help from experts on products has become nearly impossible and it was designed to be that way.2
- 3.0Aug 30, 2023ISR- Inside Sales RepresentativeFormer Employee, more than 1 yearFrisco, TX
Good insurance, work from home 2 days a week Mon and Friday
Really poor onboarding/training. The so called managers were all friends of the channel director and looking at their LinkedIn experience non had any managerial experience, nor technical expertise. The pay is a 50/50 structure base pay then commission based on the sales team you support and thats if they reach their sales goals so you won't make nearly what they make you think you you'll get. It is not consistent at all. There is no tuition reimbursement to help further your knowledge in the tech world. They say the others will help train, hahaha, that's if they can find the time. Training is a little batter these days but if your right out of college you'd think a company rhis big would have a robust training department. They don't. Which is amazing considering the industry they are in.12
- 2.0Nov 22, 2023Systems EngineerFormer Employee, more than 3 years
Large array of product line to sell
Unrealistic quotas, terrible job forecasting by the finance which caused stock to plummet and job losses, Managers like to micro manage sales teams to the point account managers stop adding ops to pipeline and SE doesn't have any control of what to pitch for opportunities. Pay on renewals is dismal.1
- 5.0Nov 17, 2023Cybersecurity AnalystFormer Employee, less than 1 yearDelhi, MO
The best reason you should is they will give u guidance if u have spark in you otherwise sorry
Ni cons because I have only few place they are to stick with policy
- 4.0Nov 2, 2023SE DirectorCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsFlorida City, FL
People are amazing to work with. Products are good and effective.
Late to the game on certain technology. No requests to the field for product improvement. Annual number very difficult to achieve.
- 2.0Aug 31, 2023Director of MarketingCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsSunnyvale, CA
Start up mentality, very flat organization, strong customer base
Reckless layoffs conducted without any seeming methodology or care for the employee. Constant reorgs cause a chaotic culture and don’t foster a community of collaboration. Poor benefits such as no ESPP have always been outweighed by a strong stock price which lost 30% in value after a poor quarter. Employee morale, especially within sales and marketing is at an all time low12
Fortinet Reviews FAQs
Fortinet has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 2,333 reviews left anonymously by employees. 81% of employees would recommend working at Fortinet to a friend and 77% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.
81% of Fortinet employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Fortinet 4.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.0 for culture and values and 4.0 for career opportunities.