Foundation Medicine Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Foundation Medicine Interview Questions

Interviews at Foundation Medicine

2.9

Sort:

Interview

There were 2 onsite interviews with FMI employees including Hiring Manager. Peers, Product Manager, Product Owners and a member of leadership. I would rather have been in a room with everybody for 2-3 hours to answer questions more thoroughly.

Computational Biologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Foundation Medicine (Cambridge, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

The first round is a small 1-to-1 interview with the two managers for 2 hrs. The second round is
    a full day interview. A oral 45 presentation was requested. The environment at Foundation is very collaborative and friendly.

Contract Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Foundation Medicine (Cambridge, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview experience I had was excellent. There was always excellent communication in regards to coordination, agenda confirmation, and then also communication briefly after the interview concluded. I met with a number of people all relevant to the role, and it was helpful to get an understanding of the position from a variety of perspectives. Overall, my experience interviewing with foundation was a positive one.

Interview Questions

• What has been a difficult situation you've been put in within the Recruiter role, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Foundation Medicine (Cambridge, MA) in April 2018.

Interview

What a well organized and amazing process! From start to finish the communication with the recruiter was thorough and helpful every step of the way. The schedulers they utilize were very organized and the on-site face to face meetings were right on time. The follow up communication was immediate. The best interview process I have ever been through.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Foundation Medicine.

Interview

First, I had a phone screen with Human Resources. A week later, I was brought in for an onsite interview. I met with different members of the prospective team individually.

Chief Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Foundation Medicine (Cambridge, MA) in June 2017.

Interview

Two rounds meeting with a variety of technologists and non-technologists at multiple levels. At no time did I feel rushed; each individual was will to take the time required to answer all of my questions or address any concerns.

Interview Questions

• How was I connected or how did I relate to Foundation Medicines Mission.   Answer Question

Inter Interview

Interview

Came to team with strong references from within the company. Had two phone calls with members of the group. Resume and continual follow up was sufficient. We spent most of the interview talking about their work at the company and what I was studying in college.

Bioinformatician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Foundation Medicine (Cambridge, MA) in June 2014.

Interview

Thorough and friendly. Good balance between them learning about me and them being sure I understood the company and role. They do require scientist to make a group presentation.

Molecular Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Foundation Medicine (Cambridge, MA) in January 2018.

Interview

Met with three people, hiring manager, one coworker and my immediate supervisor. Interview lasted a little of an hour total. We toured through the labs, cafeteria, office space and the two buildings that Foundation Medicine owned in the area. The interview was conducted in multiple conference rooms. Usually about 25-35 minutes each.

Interview Questions

• What's one thing you could say is your best working quality? And what is one thing about yourself that you would describe that needs the most improvement?   1 Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Foundation Medicine (Cambridge, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

I first spoke with an internal recruiter by phone, then came in for two rounds of in-person interviews. It was about 1-2 weeks between rounds, and about 2 weeks from the final round to a formal offer being made.

I interviewed with ~14 individuals altogether, including a large portion of the team I would be joining. The interview process was overall smooth and professional, and supported my decision to accept the offer and join the company.

Interview Questions

• What are three words your current manager would use to describe you?   Answer Question