Free People Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 9, 2017

2.4

Senior Stylist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Free People (Chicago, IL).

Interview

They had me interview with two managers, however because the turnover rate is so high, the interview process was long and drawn out. I ended up having to interview twice more with different managers since they kept changing.

Stylist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Free People (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

The entire process took about a half hour, the employee interviewing me was super nice. The interview was very laid-back. It was a group interview, but it was not intimidating at all. Overall a good experience, but have yet to hear back if I got the position.

Buying Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Free People (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

After having multiple interviews for a position at home office with anthropologie and doing a project for them, they did not make an offer however they referred me to free people. The communication with free people was slow and the entire process took over a month. They asked me to do a apparel project, print copies for the buyers, make a presentation board, dress in free people, and come in for multiple interviews. They barely looked at the project I spent days on and it seemed like interviewing me was a chore and they spent as little time with me as possible, however the people I interviewed with said they "loved me" and that "I would be a great fit" and will "do great". Spent a ton of time and money over preparing for interviews. They care more about how well you fit their image than if you are qualified or talented. Asked zero questions to see if I could complete the responsibilities of the job or had any qualifications?

Digital Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Free People (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Very quick, efficient. Heard back at all stages extremely quickly. I had an interviewer at the end of the day and they seemed so down and disinterested, I wanted to talk about my experience / why i wanted the job and would be a good fit and they only wanted to talk about what they were going to do that weekend.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Free People (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

It was a very straight forward and easy going group interview with girls applying for different positions than I was. Received a call a few days later letting me know that I got the position.

Interview Questions

• What are three adjectives that a previous employer would use to describe you?   Answer Question
    • What is a customer service experience that you had?   Answer Question

Customer Operations Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Free People in May 2017.

Interview

Only got to the first round, but it was a video interview that you can record with the answers to the questions that re revealed to you about 30 seconds before you respond. A little awkward, but standard for positions with so many applicants.

Manager-In-Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Free People (Atlanta, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online and interviewed in store about 3 weeks later. I was emailed to come in for a group interview, which I was able to choose the date and time that worked best for my schedule. It said group interview, but I was the only person scheduled at that day and time.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Free People.

Interview

Interview process took 2.5 weeks total. A few days after I applied I was reached out to for the career quiz and once I submitted it I was contacted that day to set up an interview. I met with the store manager and the interview was a very easy and friendly chat about my experience in retail, education, and company cultures I had experience with. After my interview we set up a follow up interview with the District Manager for later in the week. The second interview was still friendly and easy but with more in depth questions and descriptions of the business and what my duties would be. After this interview they did a background check and a week later I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to work for Free People/ What I liked about the brand.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They asked me about compensation, I gave them a number but let them know I was flexible, and they met that number when I got my offer.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Free People (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

There was nothing to major, it went very smoothly. We talked about previous work experiences and if I shop at free people often. We talked about some benefits that I would receive.

Stylist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Free People (New York, NY).

Interview

You apply online, get an email about being brought in for a group interview, then you get word of whether or not you got the job. The interview is casual. You'll want to be dressed fashionably, as if you were going in for work at Free People, you definitely don't want to be dressed for any professional interview.

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with difficult customers in the past?   1 Answer