Free People Interview Questions

Updated Feb 1, 2016

2.5

MIT Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Free People (New York, NY).

Interview

Free People is all about living and breathing the brand. Know how you discovered the brand, look the part, and highlight how you cheerfully you can manage a team. Be prepared to be interviewed in a large dressing room ...

Stylist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Free People.

Interview

first you complete an online application, then they send you an opinion survey to fill out, and then you're contacted for a group interview. after the group interview they call and offer the job.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Free People.

Interview

First was the phone interview with one of the managers asking personality questions. They did check my references before bringing me in for the second interview. Next I had to interview with one other person for the job where we both had to sit together and answer questions back to back so it was a little stressful. Typical interview questions was asked.

Stylist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Free People.

Interview

Short and sweet. Some locations may ask you to style outfits for a specific customer that may frequent the location. Real world interactions. They like to see passion for the brand and the potential of an extremely hard worker.

Internship Interview

Interview

First you go online and submit your resume via their website, after your resume is received by them, you will get an e-mail asking you to submit a video interview...in the video interview, you will have to answer 4 questions, then after that wait another two weeks or so to hear from them again

Interview Questions

• If money were no object and you could travel somewhere, where would you go?   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Free People (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

3 different interviews all 20 minutes long. Traveled all over Los Angeles to interview. All the questions were pretty much the same. The store manager I was going to work with only interviewed me forfive minutes.

Interview Questions

• Which celebrity most embodies the Free People lifestyle?   Answer Question

Stylist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Free People.

Interview

The interview was super relaxed and low pressure. The whole process took about a week. I went in for one group interview with the store manager and ASM, which lasted no more than 45 minutes. The questions were easy, but its definitely good to have some background knowledge on the brand. Also, they want you to dress as if you worked there so wearing Free People is definitely a plus if you have any! Overall, very positive experience!!

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Free People in October 2015.

Interview

After sending in a resume and a creative project, I was asked to do an online interview through Hirevue. There were questions that popped up on the screen, some generic and some unique, and you had around 2 minutes to answer them. It was super simple. Since it was Free People, they asked about travel. There was also a question about who you would want to pair with (like a celebrity, blogger, etc) to promote the brand and what events or avenues you'd want them promote it through. Definitely understand the brand and what the brand stands for.

Interview Questions

• If you could travel anywhere and do anything, what would you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Free People (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

In person interview about experience, interests and hobbies, and why you would like to work for them. They took about 2 weeks to get back to me and another 2 weeks to schedule me.

Manager In Training Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Free People.

Interview

I applied online and made a follow up call. The hiring manager was super sweet! We met and went outside and talked a little. It was a very relaxed interview. She then called me for a second interview. I was out of town so we scheduled a phone interview. This time I spoke with the manager of the store, who was also very sweet! Overall great expierence. I got a call a week later saying I got the job!

Interview Questions

• what separates you from other the other candidates? What will you bring the free people? What is the hardest part of managing for you? Describe your current job position.   Answer Question