Free People Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Free People Interview Questions

Updated Feb 16, 2017

2.4

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Free People.

Interview

Interview process took 2.5 weeks total. A few days after I applied I was reached out to for the career quiz and once I submitted it I was contacted that day to set up an interview. I met with the store manager and the interview was a very easy and friendly chat about my experience in retail, education, and company cultures I had experience with. After my interview we set up a follow up interview with the District Manager for later in the week. The second interview was still friendly and easy but with more in depth questions and descriptions of the business and what my duties would be. After this interview they did a background check and a week later I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to work for Free People/ What I liked about the brand.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They asked me about compensation, I gave them a number but let them know I was flexible, and they met that number when I got my offer.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Free People (New York, NY).

Interview

You apply online, get an email about being brought in for a group interview, then you get word of whether or not you got the job. The interview is casual. You'll want to be dressed fashionably, as if you were going in for work at Free People, you definitely don't want to be dressed for any professional interview.

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with difficult customers in the past?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Anita, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Free People (Santa Anita, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied in October 2016 to work at the store I shop in at least once a week at the request of the manager who said I would be a perfect fit at said store. I didn't hear back from them until January of 2017. I had scheduled an interview at the earliest date and time that was available but asked if I could change it to the other date that was offered later in the week as my mom had to spend the night in the hospital and I wouldn't have been my best self during the interview because of it. The manager told me that if I didn't show up to the original interview then my application would essentially be thrown in the trash despite my family emergency. I will not be applying again nor will I be shopping in that store again until they get a new manager because I refuse to support anyone who is that insensitive.

Associate Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Free People (Houston, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview was very professional and efficient. We discussed the particular job requirements for the location that I had applied to and also my background which was not in retail, but in management. I was actually surprised that I had been called in for an interview since I did not have any retail experience but I thought that it was very open-minded on their behalf to consider me, given my past work and skills that could easily transition over. I did not receive an offer in the end and understand completely as I think they would have needed someone with more specific experience. I also thought it was nice to receive an email rather than no contact at all, and therein a kind message about wanting to contact me in the future if I would be ok with that. Overall I thought it was a very smooth process which from application, to interview, to email response was all in the span of only 6 days including weekend.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my former employer's biggest weakness and strength.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Free People (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was pretty casual. I decided to apply in the store because they had resumes available to fill out on the spot. I thought the questions on the resume were really unique and were definitely geared towards music and fashion taste.

Visual Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Free People (Chicago, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

Super easy going, simple questions about basic manager skills. They asked about previous experience and what my current job was. Had a couple of interviews with different managers until I got a call back for an offer way below what I wanted.

Wholesale Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Free People (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Showroom was very nice and set up like if you were to walk in an usual store. The interviewer asked relevant questions in terms of what to expected for an internship. The interviewer also seemed as she was uninterested when I was answering my questions in great detail. I would say if you fit the Free People image, you would most likely get an internship or job with the company.

Stylist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Free People in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online, then didn't hear from them for a while. About a month later, I got an email that invited me to a group interview. The group interview was really simple and I felt comfortable. We all introduced ourselves and went around answering simple and expected questions. It seemed like they were more concerned about who were were as people rather than previous experience. Then received an email asking for references and then a few days later I got a call and given an offer. There wasn't a salary negotiation.

Sales Associate - Stylist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waikïkï, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Free People (Waikïkï, HI) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online and received an e-mail back asking me to come in for an interview.

The interview itself felt very casual. The manager was very nice, it just felt like I was chatting with a friend.

Assistant Stylist Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Free People.

Interview

I applied through the company website and got a email in about a week. I ended up having a phone interview during the following week. The interview went fine. I followed up in about 2 weeks and came to know that they didn't want me. A response letting me know the result would be nice.